Abandoning Understanding

alissowack
alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I find that when it comes to religion, there is this sense that people who practices it are somehow trying to numb themselves from the realities of life. Though I would say that this is not always the case, I would say...aren't everyone in some way trying to do this? Aren't we all looking to be detached from having to think of just how hard...or how boring life can be? We all are trying in some way feel above the world or feel like life is simple. There are other ways to do so. If anything, we ought to question just how far are we willing to go to achieve this abandonment. What do we find ourselves compromising?

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    This life sucks only because of the condition the world is in. This civilization is recessive to humanity. We are lead to believe we are advanced, but we're far from it in reality. We're all slaves to materialism. Materialism is the foundation of capitalism and any other form of capitalism-like systems. This is why people don't realize just how batshit crazy it is to wake up everyday to go work your ass off for someone else's yacht payments while you get crumbs. This is not what life is about.... this planet is a paradise, but we turned it into a living nightmare for most and a paradise for a very few.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011

Never abandon understanding..

There is no one better..................really.....seriously...........For real..
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    And Step wrote: »

Never abandon understanding..

Whatever thou ask, thou shall receive. But there are only certain things you need. You can move mountains, but first get through the trees.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    this extends far beyond religion. Humans are always, seemingly wanting to become more of "something". Where does that process of thinking come from?