Question? If the dead rise not?

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
"Why stand we in jeopardy every hour?" 1 Corinthians 15:30

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ^ LMAO

now that was funny af
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Most of the dead don't know how to be alive even if they wanted to.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    "Why stand we in jeopardy every hour?" 1 Corinthians 15:30

Because you have failed to due your duty by the dead. Chike's response was on it.

The question is who are the dead? Who do you think the dead are?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Because you have failed to due your duty by the dead. Chike's response was on it.

The question is who are the dead? Who do you think the dead are?

The premise of the question revolves around the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Basically the apostle Paul is asking, "if there is no resurrection from the dead, why do believers hazard their life for a known lie?"

So the same question still rings out in the world today. If Jesus Christ didn't rise from the dead, why have believers for thousands of years, risked their lives for a man who is still in the grave?

It wouldn't make any sense to die in the name of Jesus Christ, if you don't have absolute faith that He is able and that He will raise you up at the 1st resurrection.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The premise of the question revolves around the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Basically the apostle Paul is asking, "if there is no resurrection from the dead, why do believers hazard their life for a known lie?"

So the same question still rings out in the world today. If Jesus Christ didn't rise from the dead, why have believers for thousands of years, risked their lives for a man who is still in the grave?

It wouldn't make any sense to die in the name of Jesus Christ, if you don't have absolute faith that He is able and that He will raise you up at the 1st resurrection.

People will fight for whatever they believe is right, it doesn't matter if it is or isn't, if the PERSON believes it then it is so. People are crazy as hell man, cults do stupid ? like ? others or their whole group for what they believe in. They don't care to die because they believe they go to a heaven, where it's better. They're so far gone into their religion/belief that nothing can change it, and it doesn't just apply to religion or a belief in a false Jesus Christ who didn't rise from any death. People die for ANYTHING they believe in if they honestly truly believe in it. Doesn't make ANYTHING true, it just makes the person CRAZY. You really don't think much do you? I mean like really, think more open than being closed minded as to, "why would they die for ? /Jesus if it's false", really, if you're stuck on that and think since they die for it it must be true, you're not much of a thinker.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    People will fight for whatever they believe is right, it doesn't matter if it is or isn't, if the PERSON believes it then it is so. People are crazy as hell man, cults do stupid ? like ? others or their whole group for what they believe in. They don't care to die because they believe they go to a heaven, where it's better. They're so far gone into their religion/belief that nothing can change it, and it doesn't just apply to religion or a belief in a false Jesus Christ who didn't rise from any death. People die for ANYTHING they believe in if they honestly truly believe in it. Doesn't make ANYTHING true, it just makes the person CRAZY. You really don't think much do you? I mean like really, think more open than being closed minded as to, "why would they die for ? /Jesus if it's false", really, if you're stuck on that and think since they die for it it must be true, you're not much of a thinker.

For 2,000 years people have laid down their life for Jesus Christ. Why? Because they all knew something that you don't. I pray that your not on the other side of the great gulf that is fixed when all is said and done. ? bless your soul.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    For 2,000 years people have laid down their life for Jesus Christ. Why? Because they all knew something that you don't. I pray that your not on the other side of the great gulf that is fixed when all is said and done. ? bless your soul.

What do they know that I don't? They can only THINK they know, they can never KNOW. There is no facts or explicit proof for the most important man in the world, none at all. It's all said, "oh this is evidence", yet it isn't, they THINK it is and always fail when it finally comes down to it. All writings, no matter in what book it is or who wrote it, that talked about Jesus was YEARS and YEARS later. It doesn't prove NOTHING, it just goes to show a story went and stuck and people FEEL it's real. It's NOT. You can never know for certain until you physically find it to be real, true etc.

Many religious people ask me if I've been to space to see a black hole, since they've NEVER been directly seen. We know they're there because of the ? around it. Anyways, no I haven't. Yet they tell me I have to have this "faith" that it's there. Um, no I don't because there's evidence for it (unlike for ? or jesus). They ask if I've ever been in space or other galaxies to wonder the possibility of life, if I've seen it. If I was there in the beginning to know what science knows. No to all of it. Yet they believe in a book because it tells you? Were you there when ? created the first man to witness it? Were you there to see Jesus bust a David Blaine and make tons of food? Were you there to see Jesus turn wine to water? Were you there to see Jesus moonwalk on water? Were you there to see Jesus die then resurrect?

No, you weren't, yet you believe it with NO PROOF AT ALL.

Science gives proof and is never been afraid to admit they are wrong. Never afraid to actually FIX their wrongs to rights and to better understand our universe, it's beginning, life and how it all got here. Science gives proof and your belief doesn't. You were never there for any of it, yet you believe it.

I find it funny when they try to use that, "were you there..." ? because hey, neither were they. MOST religious cats don't think much at all. They think a box and nothing they say can be in the wrong because some how they're magically right about everything and every argument. They believe every argument is some cute little rebuttal that cannot be overcome, lol come on now, let's be serious, it's 2011, we should be past all the myths of ancient times. At least the Greeks man'd up and said it's not real...
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What do they know that I don't? They can only THINK they know, they can never KNOW. There is no facts or explicit proof for the most important man in the world, none at all. It's all said, "oh this is evidence", yet it isn't, they THINK it is and always fail when it finally comes down to it. All writings, no matter in what book it is or who wrote it, that talked about Jesus was YEARS and YEARS later. It doesn't prove NOTHING, it just goes to show a story went and stuck and people FEEL it's real. It's NOT. You can never know for certain until you physically find it to be real, true etc.

Many religious people ask me if I've been to space to see a black hole, since they've NEVER been directly seen. We know they're there because of the ? around it. Anyways, no I haven't. Yet they tell me I have to have this "faith" that it's there. Um, no I don't because there's evidence for it (unlike for ? or jesus). They ask if I've ever been in space or other galaxies to wonder the possibility of life, if I've seen it. If I was there in the beginning to know what science knows. No to all of it. Yet they believe in a book because it tells you? Were you there when ? created the first man to witness it? Were you there to see Jesus bust a David Blaine and make tons of food? Were you there to see Jesus turn wine to water? Were you there to see Jesus moonwalk on water? Were you there to see Jesus die then resurrect?

No, you weren't, yet you believe it with NO PROOF AT ALL.

Science gives proof and is never been afraid to admit they are wrong. Never afraid to actually FIX their wrongs to rights and to better understand our universe, it's beginning, life and how it all got here. Science gives proof and your belief doesn't. You were never there for any of it, yet you believe it.

I find it funny when they try to use that, "were you there..." ? because hey, neither were they. MOST religious cats don't think much at all. They think a box and nothing they say can be in the wrong because some how they're magically right about everything and every argument. They believe every argument is some cute little rebuttal that cannot be overcome, lol come on now, let's be serious, it's 2011, we should be past all the myths of ancient times. At least the Greeks man'd up and said it's not real...

You asked, "What do they know that I don't know?"

Answer, They finished the race and they kept the faith. They are at rest from their labors and they will be on Gods side when the last day comes.

You on the other hand are still lost. If ? were to require your soul right now, do you know where you would appear?

Right now all you do is talk big because your full of pride. Well hey, if you belong to ? , He will humble you.

If not, well, you were of the other seed. May ? have mercy on you.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You asked, "What do they know that I don't know?"

Answer, They finished the race and they kept the faith. They are at rest from their labors and they will be on Gods side when the last day comes.

You on the other hand are still lost. If ? were to require your soul right now, do you know where you would appear?

Right now all you do is talk big because your full of pride. Well hey, if you belong to ? , He will humble you.

If not, well, you were of the other seed. May ? have mercy on you.

How do you know this? What race? What faith? How do they know what to believe in?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How do you know this? What race? What faith? How do they know what to believe in?

You must be born again Vibe. How can you drink milk, let alone digest meat and potatoes, when you haven't even been born from above?
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You must be born again Vibe. How can you drink milk, let alone digest meat and potatoes, when you haven't even been born from above?

How am I supposed to eat meat if ? didn't design us to eat meat? Didn't you say that ? created us to eat only that subway veggie ? ?

BTW, I know that's not what you meant.

I was "born" again, I tried it out and it didn't work. I'm like that guy who went to get hypnotized and didn't fall for it unlike the other guy who did, in which it's all mental and none of it's real.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How am I supposed to eat meat if ? didn't design us to eat meat? Didn't you say that ? created us to eat only that subway veggie ? ?

BTW, I know that's not what you meant.

I was "born" again, I tried it out and it didn't work. I'm like that guy who went to get hypnotized and didn't fall for it unlike the other guy who did, in which it's all mental and none of it's real.

You were born again? Interesting. According to this passage of scriptures you seem to be bearing thorns and thistles, not fruit and herbs.

"1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward ? , 2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3And this will we do, if ? permit. 4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5And have tasted the good word of ? , and the powers of the world to come, 6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of ? afresh, and put him to an open shame. 7For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from ? : 8But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned." Hebrews 6:1-8

You appear to fall into the category of being a professor and not a possessor. Many people have made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ, but they never possessed Jesus Christ. You can't have 1 without the other. That's why you must believe in your heart vibe. Without the heart transaction all your doing is offering ? lip service instead of life service. Hence why you have fallen away.

But there is always hope as long as you have the breath of life in you. But beware, there will come a day when your heart may be hardened and you will be cut off. That's why this day is the day of salvation. Now is the accepted time. Today if you will hear His voice and harden not your heart! Repent and believe the gospel Vibe. Ye must be born again!
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You were born again? Interesting. According to this passage of scriptures you seem to be bearing thorns and thistles, not fruit and herbs.

"1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward ? , 2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3And this will we do, if ? permit. 4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5And have tasted the good word of ? , and the powers of the world to come, 6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of ? afresh, and put him to an open shame. 7For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from ? : 8But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned." Hebrews 6:1-8

You appear to fall into the category of being a professor and not a possessor. Many people have made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ, but they never possessed Jesus Christ. You can't have 1 without the other. That's why you must believe in your heart vibe. Without the heart transaction all your doing is offering ? lip service instead of life service. Hence why you have fallen away.

But there is always hope as long as you have the breath of life in you. But beware, there will come a day when your heart may be hardened and you will be cut off. That's why this day is the day of salvation. Now is the accepted time. Today if you will hear His voice and harden not your heart! Repent and believe the gospel Vibe. Ye must be born again!

How can anyone or a book tell me I WASN'T "born again". In that time, in 1999, it sure felt like I was. I was much under the spell I felt I literally felt "changed". I was gun-? for this Jesus Christ and ? so much I tossed everything that was sin (stupidly my whole collection of cd's). I gave up all that "sin" and went to church constantly for 2 years, attend the ? bible camps, attended stupid lock-in's. I read my bible, I prayed religiously, I prayed for everything. Eventually I stopped going due to family reasons and later got back into "Jesus" mode. Eventually when you just become open-minded (like moi) then you realize ? . Thank ? (actually no lol) that I opened my mind and didn't fall for the ? . I'm actually more free than a believer and always will be. If I do go to hell at least I don't have to worship 24/7 and sing those ? ass songs. SMH@ gods pride, he never has practiced what he preached.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How can anyone or a book tell me I WASN'T "born again". In that time, in 1999, it sure felt like I was. I was much under the spell I felt I literally felt "changed". I was gun-? for this Jesus Christ and ? so much I tossed everything that was sin (stupidly my whole collection of cd's). I gave up all that "sin" and went to church constantly for 2 years, attend the ? bible camps, attended stupid lock-in's. I read my bible, I prayed religiously, I prayed for everything. Eventually I stopped going due to family reasons and later got back into "Jesus" mode. Eventually when you just become open-minded (like moi) then you realize ? . Thank ? (actually no lol) that I opened my mind and didn't fall for the ? . I'm actually more free than a believer and always will be. If I do go to hell at least I don't have to worship 24/7 and sing those ? ass songs. SMH@ gods pride, he never has practiced what he preached.

Again, if you possessed Jesus Christ you would be born-again Vibe. It's more than just a "feeling." It's an eternal transaction sealed by the Holy Spirit. Not some temporary or momentary "shangra-la feeling". Many people make professions Vibe, but being born-again also requires possession. Do believers ever question their faith? Sure, we all do. Especially when the storms of life come. But those who are rooted and grounded in the word and in Jesus Christ will be over-comers of all obstacles. Why? because we are over-comers of all things with Jesus Christ, including death! Praise ? !

Now while you may have went through the outward processes of faith, there was no genuine transaction made in the heart of your being. This is what counts. This is what seals a believer forever. Once confession is made and the heart believes, the Holy Spirit is given to that person and they are sealed forever by that transaction. Once a person is a possessor of Jesus Christ, they can't fall away. They may back-slide into sin, but they can never be "un-born". The in-dwelling presence of the Holy Spirit is the seal of all true believers in Jesus Christ.

So you either are born-again or your not. The Holy Spirit signifies this. Do you have Him?
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You sound like a scurred ? DoU. If I saw you on the street, I'd slap the ? out of you. I don't trust your hypocritical ass to turn the other cheek though, so a hook to the chin would follow.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    p-tavern wrote: »
    You sound like a scurred ? DoU. If I saw you on the street, I'd slap the ? out of you. I don't trust your hypocritical ass to turn the other cheek though, so a hook to the chin would follow.

"They hated me without a cause." John 15:25
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Because judgement day is everyday, every hour every minute.
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    "They hated me without a cause." John 15:25

Oh, you think you on Jesus' level now?
    You aint inheriting the Earth with that ego.
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    Options

Problem is, according to your own Bible he was not the first to rise up from the dead. Or the first begotten of the Dead which most Christians claim.

Elijah raised the Widow's son from death. Jesus himself raised Lazarus from the dead.

The resurrection of the dead is not about a man who was here 2,000 years ago. It is about a people that will be raised from mental, moral, and spiritual death in this day and time.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

Are not Muslims in some circumstances doing that... and I think the Thuggies of India do it too
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Because judgement day is everyday, every hour every minute.

True. True. True.

Once truth is accepted, judgement starts.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    True. True. True.

Once truth is accepted, judgement starts.

Under the scope lol
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Problem is, according to your own Bible he was not the first to rise up from the dead. Or the first begotten of the Dead which most Christians claim.

Elijah raised the Widow's son from death. Jesus himself raised Lazarus from the dead.
    The difference in Christ's situation in comparison to this is that He was the first and last to die, be buried, and raised never to die again. lazarus was raised but he isn't around anymore, he's in the grave.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    p-tavern wrote: »
    Oh, you think you on Jesus' level now?
    You aint inheriting the Earth with that ego.

Thank ? that He is my judge and not you!