What does a break mean?

2»

Comments

• Hendrix
    Hendrix Members Posts: 355
    edited July 2011
    if he agrees to a break yeah

if he aint feelin it then he should just be like "lets break up instead"
    He didn't want the break but he agreed because he still wants to be with the girl. Why would he break up if he still wants to be with her? Yeah two days is a little soon but its not like he went looking for it. He had already known this other girl for years.

What if it was reversed and the dude wanted the break but the girl didn't?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Hendrix wrote: »
    He didn't want the break but he agreed because he still wants to be with the girl. Why would he break up if he still wants to be with her? Yeah two days is a little soon but its not like he went looking for it. He had already known this other girl for years.

What if it was reversed and the dude wanted the break but the girl didn't?

ive been in the situation and kept my legs closed so whats your point..........
  • Hendrix
    edited July 2011
    ive been in the situation and kept my legs closed so whats your point..........
    My point is I wanted to see if you felt it goes both ways. Obviously you do so we will just have to agree to disagree.
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited July 2011
    Hendrix wrote: »
    My point is I wanted to see if you felt it goes both ways. Obviously you do so we will just have to agree to disagree.

? ? bruh good ? ......
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited July 2011
    knights wrote: »
    Here's what happened:

1. Your girl thinks she's better than you for starters. I don't care if she sucks your ? or eats your ass. That's what a break is in two parts: I'm so awesome, you put your life on pause for me while I figure out if this next dude is worth ? long term.

2. She came back to the relationship because you ? better than the dude she wanted to get with.

3. You took a moment to simp and made it some ? ? . Kudos. Take a victory lap. You Ricky Bobby'ing out here.

You make a good point, she does act up at times and says that she cant do better but i do know she has been under some stress and its not like gone she still texts me daily and its been about 2 weeks and we havent talked about whatever this break is, I figure if i dont bring it up and she doesnt want to talk about it then i can enjoy whatever this break thing is. All in all im kind really enjoying the freedomn
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    juice86 wrote: »
    You make a good point, she does act up at times and says that she cant do better but i do know she has been under some stress and its not like gone she still texts me daily and its been about 2 weeks and we havent talked about whatever this break is, I figure if i dont bring it up and she doesnt want to talk about it then i can enjoy whatever this break thing is. All in all im kind really enjoying the freedomn

I need that Denzel "My ? " gif right now. Based on what you said, I can almost guarantee if she knew a female came into the picture 2 days later, she'd come back. The quickness suggests she's overlooking something about you.

Women do this power trippy ? like "I'm the ? ! When I leave this dude alone, I'm gonna get mad play" like Annakin Skywalker on some "He's holding me back!" ego trip. When the opposite happens, and nobody is checking for them the way they thought, they freak out. (Currently watching this play out on two females' fb pages.)

I imagine right now there's a dude sorta-half-ass shooting at the draws that has you beat in a superficial area. She doesn't realize she's an option for him and not the main course, so she's still trying to keep one hand on you just in case he doesn't pan out. It's been 2 weeks, so you should go suggest a full break because you found someone else. Either way, you get her back in pocket or you get to experience the freedom without the obligation to answer her texts/"I can do better" bs.

You can't lose, though.
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Ion usually come in the Powder Room...But this ? rightchea is mighty funny....And T/S, you are winnin right na bruh, just don't let ol girl pull a switcharoo on yo ass and start to make you feel like it's your fault that you single right na...
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited July 2011
    I need that Denzel "My ? " gif right now. Based on what you said, I can almost guarantee if she knew a female came into the picture 2 days later, she'd come back. The quickness suggests she's overlooking something about you.

Women do this power trippy ? like "I'm the ? ! When I leave this dude alone, I'm gonna get mad play" like Annakin Skywalker on some "He's holding me back!" ego trip. When the opposite happens, and nobody is checking for them the way they thought, they freak out. (Currently watching this play out on two females' fb pages.)

I imagine right now there's a dude sorta-half-ass shooting at the draws that has you beat in a superficial area. She doesn't realize she's an option for him and not the main course, so she's still trying to keep one hand on you just in case he doesn't pan out. It's been 2 weeks, so you should go suggest a full break because you found someone else. Either way, you get her back in pocket or you get to experience the freedom without the obligation to answer her texts/"I can do better" bs.

You can't lose, though.

She called me last night and i asked her if there was another guy in the picture and she flipped the ? out, saying that she not that kind of girl bah bah but to tell the truth i have noticed one dude writting on her facebook wall. She said our relationship is on a break for her personal reason and i shouldnt question her (Her moms gots cancer) but its not going to ? her and thats why i dont see how being in a relationship can stress you out while your freaking out about that, wouldnt you want someone to be there with you during the hard times. Our conversation was pretty much one sided, but you make a good point im starting to this your right about there being a another dude that she is sorta feeling, etheir way im pretty sure im done with her, plus this new girl is less drama
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    i asked her if there was another guy in the picture and she flipped the ? out

Girls don't be having contingency plans and backup lies, B. That's why men rule politics, we can create entire webs of lies that can last long enough to get re-elected.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011

I know your font. I know you but anyway I'll start. She needs someone who others want in her mind. You are too closed and it sounds like you are in college with her and that does play into status. Like buddy said, if she knew ole girl was crushing over you, she would put a end to this break ASAP. You need to tell her that ole girl is interested in you and ask her for her opinion about it. Don't mention you ? her, she will be like Pico and turn ? . Not cool. She's basically playing the field again, if she's a hoe, worry, if she's not, just seeing what her options are. I been in the middle of this before but I was the guy she decided was going to be the new guy. It was too f**king wierd, it's seemed rushed and she wasn't even my main, I had three other females. Women think for themsleves, never for others unless it's their kid.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    She called me last night and i asked her if there was another guy in the picture and she flipped the ? out, saying that she not that kind of girl bah bah but to tell the truth i have noticed one dude writting on her facebook wall. She said our relationship is on a break for her personal reason and i shouldnt question her (Her moms gots cancer) but its not going to ? her and thats why i dont see how being in a relationship can stress you out while your freaking out about that, wouldnt you want someone to be there with you during the hard times. Our conversation was pretty much one sided, but you make a good point im starting to this your right about there being a another dude that she is sorta feeling, etheir way im pretty sure im done with her, plus this new girl is less drama

Naw, you don't know new girl and this one is vested and probably won't bounce again if you run things correctly. Relationships are so hard my man but don't move on when your main is just sweating herself.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    t/s is on the right track............

but the wrong train...........

cut slingload on that flaky bop ass flip you call ya girl
  • KNiGHTS
    edited July 2011

Good man. Less drama = victory even if it doesn't work out. And the fact old girl flipped out after she tried to put your life on pause for 2 weeks shows she's not about ? . Instead of being appreciative of the fact that you're good enough to sit tight for her, she goes spazzo? Chop her off like Kunta Kinte foot and press on.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    riddlerap wrote: »
    that is weak. sex isnt that important. you shouldnt be going to some random ? just cause your girl wanted a break. either choose to wait it out and be faithful or break up.

co-sign ...
  • 6ft5
    6ft5 Confirm Email Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    @ juice After reading some of the comments made a just want to say do what makes you happy if this new girl is into you and you obviously are somewhat into her then handle your business with her until the other girl decides what she wants,then you decide what you want but if you get back with her don't never ever ever tell her what you did in the time off especially that you had sex two days later with someone you have been interested in for a while, that shows that you was I treated in this other female during the time you was in a relationship and your girl will probably leave you for that.
  • 6ft5
    edited July 2011
    Am I the only one that read this
    "damn i gotta ? bad man" ? Lol
  • 6ft5
    edited July 2011
    I also don't think that just because someone wants a break automatically means she want to ? the next man,you would know if she was before anyone on a blog site, she can honestly have stress in her life example her moms situation, but I can't agree with her taking you out of the equation if you are really trying to be there for her. You have to ask yourself is she going to act like this every time she is stressed and are you willing to put up with that kind of behavior.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    smmfh you know you done ? up right??
    taeboo wrote: »
    Damn you wait a whole 2 days to get your ? wet in another female?

You ? up because you showed no type of patience or will power in this situation. Therefore you cannot claim the "dazed, confused and fell into ? " argument as you did here:
    How? I didnt want the break, I told her i didnt want the break and she said she need it to find her self (i dont know what that means)

here:
    Ive been cheated on and it sucks, but im looking at it like this, Im single so ? it.

taeboo wrote: »
    I mean technically you not a cheater, but if you and your girl get back together she is going to be ? if she finds out.

Technically t/s is a cheater, but I'll get back to this later. He did the right thinking by not planning on telling her. Guard that with your life. No sympathy for losers out here.

a.mann wrote: »
    Man Law dictates he finds in outlet to let out his frustrates and stress, so long as he has know emotional attachment to it. He choose a jump off.
    He still loves and misses his lady tho. And again he didn't want the break.

3a. T/s lost that "frustrated" vantage point (see point 1)
    3b. And possibly the most important point, is that the motive for cheating was established before the break. You absolutely destroyed your credibility as a victim in this case. See the opening post.....
    So for the last 2 years this girl has been in my classes and we flirt and joke
    Not going to lie, ive had a crush on her but never acted on it

Closing advice...don't let IC ? put the battery in ya back and make you get all macho/man lawish about your relationship. Was your girl selfish for asking for a break, yes. Were you wrong for creating a tempting situation during your relationship, yes. But because we don't know the exact cause for the difficulties in your relationship, we can't take her side or yours. Therefore I'd suggest you wipe the plate clean. As long as you have bones in your backyard, you can't blame her for the ghost in the attic. I'd look at this as a learning tool to keep both of you knuckleheads honest and problem free in the future lol
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited July 2011
    post #48

/thread
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Good posts, I've been in this situation before with my first girlfriend who suggested it after a 6 week trip away in Africa... I told her that if she wants to go on a break, then she can make it permanent because she shouldn't need to be on one, a relationship isn't something that you can come and go as you please...

She quickly refuted the idea and that was it... we did have the one break up that lasted a few hours and another that lasted a few days though... I think both are signs that you need to end it and bounce.

Problem you'll have is when it's officially over, the feelings and backlash of it being over will cloud the new girl and you'll find it difficult to keep it going with her without making it obvious that you're trying to get over someone at the same time.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    A chick purposing a "break", means that she's called your manhood into question and feels as if she can start to ? you around. Babygirl isn't satisified in your relationship with her; instead of doing the mature and honest thing, which is to formally breakup with you, she wants to "send you back down to the minors", then "call you up to the team again", should in the event that she doesn't find somebody better than you. For you to ? this chick under these circumstances, is to allow her to lose respect for you as a man. She's testing you, potna.

What you need to is ? with other chicks and make it know that you're ? with other chicks. Feel free to tell her about it. If baby girl start to "feel some kind of way", about your fornicating, kindly remind her that y'all are on a break and technically who and what your doing when she isn't around isn't any of her business. You're just telling her what you've been up because y'all are friends and you can share ? liek with her. This tactic should make her fall in line, remind yoru chick that you're the man in this relationship and you will be respected.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Good man. Less drama = victory even if it doesn't work out. And the fact old girl flipped out after she tried to put your life on pause for 2 weeks shows she's not about ? . Instead of being appreciative of the fact that you're good enough to sit tight for her, she goes spazzo? Chop her off like Kunta Kinte foot and press on.
    He didn't though. He was tappin somebody else 2 days later.
  • KNiGHTS
    edited July 2011
    He didn't though. He was tappin somebody else 2 days later.

Not in her eyes. In her eyes, he's still sitting on his ass waiting for her to make a decision. And I've never seen, been, or heard of a "break" where the person who asks for it isn't ? , about to ? , or has made plans to ? someone else. The Cancer ? with the mom is big, but that's usually when people want the support of loved ones, not "time to think."

He was quick to ? around, but, at the same time, I still think his girl did too. Experience won't let me think otherwise.
  • Hendrix
    edited July 2011
    If you're partner wants a break then you can do what you need to do in order to make yourself feel better. You don't even know if she will end up coming back. I understand she's going through problems but put yourself first in this situation.