Quickest way to.....

Conscious__Nkechi
Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Weight Room
.....drop 10 lbs.
While I personally do not live by or am a fan of all these quick diets (health and body maintenance is a lifestyle choice), what is the quickest and most effective way (diet & exercise) to shed 10 pounds in a week or two?

All related suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    .....drop 10 lbs.
    While I personally do not live by or am a fan of all these quick diets (health and body maintenance is a lifestyle choice), what is the quickest and most effective way (diet & exercise) to shed 10 pounds in a week?

All related suggestions are appreciated.
    In a week? Diet and exercise? Eat 1000 calories a day and burn 4500 more daily, through exercise lol The quickest and most effective way that I'm aware of is to go on a strictly water fast. You'll get the benefit of weight loss plus detox *shrugs*
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited June 2011
    WallH wrote: »
    In a week? Diet and exercise? Eat 1000 calories a day and burn 4500 more daily, through exercise lol The quickest and most effective way that I'm aware of is to go on a strictly water fast. You'll get the benefit of weight loss plus detox *shrugs*

Lol. Maybe a week was OD'ing. Let's say 10 in 10 days. Is that more reasonable? Lol.
    I did the Master Cleanse before although it was for other reasons not for weight loss. The only thing about these is that it messes up the balance of your stomach. You can't just dive back into eating your regular foods, you have to ease yourself back in.

I've fasted before but to strictly drink water is challenging.
  • Mastery
    edited June 2011
    Lol. Maybe a week was OD'ing. Let's say 10 in 10 days. Is that more reasonable? Lol.
    I did the Master Cleanse before although it was for other reasons not for weight loss. The only thing about these is that it messes up the balance of your stomach. You can't just dive back into eating your regular foods, you have to ease yourself back in.

I've fasted before but to strictly drink water is challenging.
    To get you as close as possible to losing 10 lbs in 10 days, I would say cut your calorie intake to 1000 and cardio, cardio, cardio. If you have the time and means to, knock out an hour of intense cardio 2-3 times a day (morning, noon, night). I've never tried to lose 10 lbs in 10 days but I'm sure it can be done if you push yourself hard enough :tu

Outside of water fasting... intense cardio and low calories.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    I had a friend eat vegetables for two weeks while only eating fruit (apples or bananas) right before excercising and only drinking water. Worked out twice a day and didnt eat after 6pm. Dude lost alot of weight. The first 5lbs had to be water weight because he lost that in three days. No carbs other than bananas (I think bananas are considered carbs). the veggies were raw and cooked. No dairy products.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited June 2011
    To get you as close as possible to losing 10 lbs in 10 days, I would say cut your calorie intake to 1000 and cardio, cardio, cardio. If you have the time and means to, knock out an hour of intense cardio 2-3 times a day (morning, noon, night). I've never tried to lose 10 lbs in 10 days but I'm sure it can be done if you push yourself hard enough :tu

Outside of water fasting... intense cardio and low calories.[/QUOTE

Yeah, cardio is actually what I had to cut back on. I only wanted to tone and build muscle and the cardio was causing me to lose meat in the good areas which i wasn't liking. To balance that is difficult because cardio generally causes you to shed in all areas. It's always something.
    caddo man wrote: »
    I had a friend eat vegetables for two weeks while only eating fruit (apples or bananas) right before excercising and only drinking water. Worked out twice a day and didnt eat after 6pm. Dude lost alot of weight. The first 5lbs had to be water weight because he lost that in three days. No carbs other than bananas (I think bananas are considered carbs). the veggies were raw and cooked. No dairy products.

I've done the fruit and veggie fast before. Fruits make it difficult because I always fiend for them but they work against you being that they are high in sugars. Bananas and grapes are the worst! I don't do dairy so I am good on that.
    That first 5 had to be water weight but once that is gone you have to push even harder. Weight loss has never been my goal but here we are discussing it. My stomach is flat but that one weekend with the munchies......I am overcompensating but better to over do it than under do it. I work out 7 days a week and feel guilty if I miss even one day which I have in the last week so I am making up for it.
  • Mastery
    edited June 2011
    Stop working out 7 days a week. You could possibly be overdoing it, woman lol At least 6 days with a day off, perhaps?
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited June 2011
    Stop working out 7 days a week. You could possibly be overdoing it, woman lol At least 6 days with a day off, perhaps?

Ahhhhhhh. Yeah, that's been suggested but I feel guilty, it's just how I've been programmed. I havent worked out since Monday!! I mean it feels like I done committed a heinous crime here, lol. :/ I would give myself that one day to "cheat" and eat whatever but that makes me want to work out even more, because of that indulgence.

Anywho, thank you kindly for your suggestions. I've been watching the nutrition info of foods I eat but I never actually kept record of my calorie intake although something more structured tends to work better for me. Only thing is I get bored easily. I could do the same work out everyday for a month and that will work but then I will need to completely change my routine. Same goes for foods :/
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Ahhhhhhh. Yeah, that's been suggested but I feel guilty, it's just how I've been programmed. I havent worked out since Monday!! I mean it feels like I done committed a heinous crime here, lol. :/ I would give myself that one day to "cheat" and eat whatever but that makes me want to work out even more, because of that indulgence.

Anywho, thank you kindly for your suggestions. I've been watching the nutrition info of foods I eat but I never actually kept record of my calorie intake although something more structured tends to work better for me. Only thing is I get bored easily. I could do the same work out everyday for a month and that will work but then I will need to completely change my routine. Same goes for foods :/

Funny thing is I have slacked off on my working out. I only run 3 miles (4 if I feel good) three times a week and then I do 30 pullups and 100 pushups and some ab work. I need to get back on the ball but my time is precious. I go to work, get off, cook, play with the kids, get the kids ready for bed, study for school and try to workout. If I know I am not working out. I may eat some veggies and that is it!
  • FrankOceanIsGay
    FrankOceanIsGay Members Posts: 402
    edited June 2011
    The easiest way is to cut off ur leg.. With all things being consistent u can only loose a couple lbs a week safely.. Water weight doesnt count either.. If ur not weighing urself the same time under the same conditions ur just comparing meaningless numbers
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    How bout some pics so i can give a better analysis...

but forreal

1) Forget the 10 days stuff, its irrelevant

2) 90% of it is not only the eating right foods, but knowing what exactly are the right foods

It doesnt mean cuttin back on stuff here and there, it means completely deleting certain foods from your diet. (mayonaise, juice, cheese, soda, etc.)

The #1 most overlooked aspect of fitness is You are What you Eat. Its such a cliche that it goes in 1 ear out the next, but its 90%. Especially if you already have the discipline to work out EVERY day??? Damn, you are completely wasting your time and energy smh

Imagine, instead of focusing on 10 days, saying 'if i eat ___ and workout for 1 year straight, what will i look like. Thats how you get results.

What are your dimensions?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    The quickest way to lose 10 pounds in a week is to eat as few carbs as possible and severely limit sodium intake (no fruits (maybe blue/black berries are ok), rice, sugars, pasta, potatoes, bread, noodles, no starchy vegetables like carrots and corn, no whole grain stuff either).
    The only carbs to take in should be green vegetables like brocolli, spinach, green beans, green peas etc. Keep the protein high and the fat moderate. And drink a lot of water, take a multi vitamin, and an occasional G2 Gatorade (for sodium/potassium). After a few days it'll force your body into Ketosis and you'll be burning primarily fat for energy. Be aware that you may absolutely feel like ? after about 4-5 days but after that you'll be fine.

If you only do this for 1 week then you best believe the majority you'll lose will be water weight the first week and if you resume your regular diet this early all that water weight will come back very quickly.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited June 2011
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    How bout some pics so i can give a better analysis...

but forreal

1) Forget the 10 days stuff, its irrelevant

2) 90% of it is not only the eating right foods, but knowing what exactly are the right foods

It doesnt mean cuttin back on stuff here and there, it means completely deleting certain foods from your diet. (mayonaise, juice, cheese, soda, etc.)

The #1 most overlooked aspect of fitness is You are What you Eat. Its such a cliche that it goes in 1 ear out the next, but its 90%. Especially if you already have the discipline to work out EVERY day??? Damn, you are completely wasting your time and energy smh

Imagine, instead of focusing on 10 days, saying 'if i eat ___ and workout for 1 year straight, what will i look like. Thats how you get results.

What are your dimensions?

Yeah, I'll get back to you on that.

And well this is new for me. I've never desired "weight loss" because I'm at a good weight and I don't really watch numbers, I more so go according to how my body feels, literally. A scale doesn't tell me as much as running my hands down my body does and the way my clothes fit. I generally work out daily and don't eat foods that are considered "bad." I try to stray from fruits even because of their sugar content. I don't drink juice or soda so this is like a temporary issue because I OD'ed one week because I had so much going on so I feel guilty for "indulging" as much as I did. It's not necessarily "10 lbs in 10 days", the goal is just to get back on track and quickly because I maintain my figure 24/7 365 and basically took a break from it and took a step back. I am hard on myself about it but it's necessary when you can't ever allow yourself to fall off, not a chance.

I will go weigh myself tomorrow and let you know. I am around 5'9.5" though. Appro. 139-149. Smh. This scale is ? .

ps. I know I've developed some muscle memory over the months Ive consistently been working out as my body jumps back quickly. That's definitely a good thing.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    when I crash diet for quick weight loss

it involves running at least 4 miles a day (morning)

alternating between yoga and spinning (evening)

I drink tones of water, two out of three meals are liquid, my one solid meal consists of fruits and veggies

I end up hungry, irritable and the perfect size 4

its awesome, and way more tolerable than getting the stomach flu
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited June 2011
    haute wrote: »
    when I crash diet for quick weight loss

it involves running at least 4 miles a day (morning)

alternating between yoga and spinning (evening)

I drink tones of water, two out of three meals are liquid, my one solid meal consists of fruits and veggies

I end up hungry, irritable and the perfect size 4

its awesome, and way more tolerable than getting the stomach flu

Sold !

No but I really like the diet part of it too. I've done something similar but I just ate fruits and veggies and drank lots of water.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Like someone mentioned diet is the key...u can do all the cardio in the world but it really won't make that much of a difference...i dont even know how u would be able to do intense cardio everyday on a low calorie diet...your performance wouldn't be the best I would assume

And yeah that keto diet aint no joke...I tried it but I need carbs....I also hate how all my muscles look flat.....and keto breath yuck...I've been doing good on a low-moderate carb diet
  • FrankOceanIsGay
    FrankOceanIsGay Members Posts: 402
    edited July 2011
    U also have to consider if muscle is that important to u.. The faster u lose weight the more muscle and strength loss ur going to have.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited July 2011
    U also have to consider if muscle is that important to u.. The faster u lose weight the more muscle and strength loss ur going to have.

Muscle is what's important to me, not weight loss. As I previously mentioned, weight loss has never been my goal. It still isn't, I am just overcompensating and making up for last month as I got a little off track. So when I said "10 in 10" I really just rounded up and threw a number out to just have it set and get some feedback.
    The overall focus of maintaining my figure on a regular basis is toning and building muscle, not losing any body fat. My belly is flat, I just want to tone it more and maintain that sculpted firmness in my thighs and calves.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    well just because u messed up last month doesnt mean u need to do anything drastic...just get back on track with your regular diet/exercise..i thought u had a deadline or something u were trying to make
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited July 2011
    well just because u messed up last month doesnt mean u need to do anything drastic...just get back on track with your regular diet/exercise..i thought u had a deadline or something u were trying to make

Lol. I do! Next week is the deadline to bounce completely back which is very doable and I am almost there. Just wanted to reach that as quick as possible. I just won't allow myself to fall off so yes, I am OD'ing a bit. Having gone days without working out made me anxious to get right back on it which I have. Did my cardio this morning and will be going swimming this afternoon. I am really loving how solid my legs are and swimming will definitely give them a good workout.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited July 2011
    I was clearly OD'ing with this thread. Just weighed myself and I am at my same normal weight :/ Which is good although numbers aren't what I look at. Wasn't consistent with it last month and that along with that 1 pound is what threw me off but I am feeling/looking good so back to the regular routine. Mind you I had pizza over the weekend.... I'm so bad :P
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    running and ? . 10 pounds aint much...