If you've EVER read "The Autobiography of Malcom X", come discuss some things...

Options

Comments

• edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    No I'm not

I knew someone who met malcolm X and attended his speeches in harlem Their words>>>>>>>>>>>>>? who watched more docs and watched more speeches than me

Difference is Im not typin essays or debating wit social lounge posters cuz I dont care

Who would read an essay you wrote? You're not that intelligent and not cut for it. People would read an essay I wrote because I'm Intelligent.

So what you know someone who went to the speeches and shook his hand. What signifigance does that have....Alot of his speeches were at ballrooms and churches. You should be able to find somebody who was their if they're old enough and from Harlem.

Your logic is flawed, you knowing someone who attended the speech and your tattoo are both one in the same. Insignificant information,your mind is obviously lackadaisical and it's painfully obvious "YOU DON'T GIVE A ? ". If it does matter? How.....See but it doesnt. So I know you wont have anything to say that shows you know anything.

So stop fronting.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    One thing a lot of people don't know about Malcolm is that toward the end of his life outside the NOI. He was actually trying to get back in.

I think this was the act that really sealed his fate, because as long as he was in opposition to the NOI, Cointelpro could use him to try to stifle the growing influence of the NOI.

If anything this teaches us is that when you have a organizational disagreement you should go underground instead of public, so you can reorganize and get yourself together. It is too difficult to get something up in the view of the public, media, and hawking government sources.
  • edwardnigma
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So why you replying then?

You just read,quoted my post and replied and said "why would u read an essay I typed"

Great logic

A person who met malcolm X,was part of the noi and knows exactly what went on cuz they experienced it 1st hand>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You

Not one post I made was inaccurate btw

? ? you see through. Like YOU said before.....The guy attended some speeches...Simple.

Now all of a sudden he was in the NOI and experienced everything first hand. Seems you trying to save face. You know what I'nt even know why I'm going back and forth with you. One

And step....I didn't know Malcolm was trying to get back in, where could I get my hands on this info because I never knew that and I'd like to read about it, watch an interview about, basically I'd like to check it out for myself...hook me up with that info
  • edwardnigma
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    One thing a lot of people don't know about Malcolm is that toward the end of his life outside the NOI. He was actually trying to get back in.

I think this was the act that really sealed his fate, because as long as he was in opposition to the NOI, Cointelpro could use him to try to stifle the growing influence of the NOI.

If anything this teaches us is that when you have a organizational disagreement you should go underground instead of public, so you can reorganize and get yourself together. It is too difficult to get something up in the view of the public, media, and hawking government sources.

Thats how I feel, I feel he should have never went public, I think he should've just fell back. Him going public made me feel like he just wants to be in the seat of Power like Elijah Muhammad.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've read this book 8 times since I was 13. I was around 18 the last time, I think.

I idolized Malcolm when I was younger.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i m rereading it now
    every couple of months i do
    that spirit the dignity
    nothink like it
    i had to put it down when i read how his father got killed
    the insurance companies wouldnt pay on 2 policies
    also when he got his ass whipped in boxing by his white friend
    ? was goat
    he said his brother never looked at him the same

he had a few prophecies that were on point to this day
    I just wish he had more interaction with other leaders of the time
    and his advice on woman is spot on
    the woman in this thread would be proud

i just feel he missed out on to much of his family and was kind of brainwashed himself
    there was alot left out of the autobiography that will be included
    in the newer ones
    i have bought 3 or so
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm just finishing up the book for the first time (better late than never, I suppose). Now, having already seen the movie, I went into the book expecting Malcolm to near-mirror what Spike has put down.

I was wrong. REALLY wrong.

They say this book will change your life. I'm not sure if Malcolm's first-person account of his journeys changed me, then rather reinforced what I already knew...especially when it came to black people in this country.

This book is sad, in a way. If you understood him referencing about the plight of the "brainwashing" black person in America, you'll know why this irony gets very real.

But, what were your thoughts/feelings/convictions about this piece of literature?

are you referencing the nation of islams impact on him? and to be honest the book was co written by alex haley, and his motivation was questionable, but also the book isnt the best way to really find out what malcolm x was about i think, i believe his speeches which he wrote all of speak more about ihs message and goals rather than, the book which is his autobiography
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ^^^

I'm not so sure. What better way than to get a better insight of the man's life than through his own eyes, accounts, and experiences?

But the biggest thing I figured in reading this book:

When it comes to black folk, the majority (probably about 96%) are completely and utterly incapable of having their own independent thought process. THAT's why most black folk fall to the "mass" way of thinking, from the 60s up to today.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'd also recommend Assata by Assata Shakur, Soul on ice by Eldridge Cleaver and Maya Angelou's autobiographical series.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ^^^

I'm not so sure. What better way than to get a better insight of the man's life than through his own eyes, accounts, and experiences?

But the biggest thing I figured in reading this book:

When it comes to black folk, the majority (probably about 96%) are completely and utterly incapable of having their own independent thought process. THAT's why most black folk fall to the "mass" way of thinking, from the 60s up to today.

those are what you call houseniggas and their are the product of conditioning but i think his life tells a different story than his message
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Malcolm X's story is a tragedy on so many levels.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    I'd also recommend Assata by Assata Shakur, Soul on ice by Eldridge Cleaver and Maya Angelou's autobiographical series.
    I'm reading this right now
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and who says black men dont read......
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Malcolm X Bio is a book every black person should read.
  • NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If it doesn't mention turning tricks with white business men, it ain't official. Here was this young lightskin guy, middle-aged white tricks would literally circle around the block with their pants unzipped hoping he was really for sale. Do you know how many 2 a.m. traffic jams he caused? City hall was fuming.

Not judging, though. Malcolm was okay. He matured in time. Eljiah hustled and impregnated teenagers, he rightly called him out.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    And as us black men and women read these powerful books

The community continues to fall deeper in despair.

This is why. Funny ? by Chris Rock, but 100% accurate:
  • edwardnigma
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mikko_ wrote: »
    This post amused me, Farakhan is a racist scumbag ? ? , period. There is nothing honorable about an old ass anti Semite who routinely rapes 9&10 year old girls.

As far as the thread topic, yes I've read the book several times. I wouldn't say it was life changing but it was eye opening, and a window into the mind of a great Man.

Anti Semite ? You watch too much c span. You don't use the phrase anti semite in a non political environment. I don't work for a government agency, I'ma regulr cat off the streets of the world. So when we speak we're not being politically correct, we are speking raw truth.

With that being said......Are you ? serious, if you don't know you're speaking to a black man. WE ARE THE JEWS...Listen buddy the system is backwards but every individual isn't. Those White Greek Polish Roman and German White people are not truly jews, they are jewish converts.

The true Jews are the desendants of the Sudanese, Ethiopian and Libyan people. Whom are now mostly Black American Haitian and Jamaican people. Those who are Sudanse Ethiopian and LIbyan and still in Africa are now mostly muslims.

So your reasoning for hating farrakahn and my reasons for liking him are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

We won't agree.

As far as being a ? , I won't put anything past anyone, I don't worship anybody. I just agree with some of his views, period.

I'm jst in here stating facts, What Malcolm X was saying cme from the mind and guidance ofElijah Muhammad. Shiit the motherfcer says that in every speech. If you deny this, you are simply ignorant.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Anti Semite ? You watch too much c span. You don't use the phrase anti semite in a non political environment. I don't work for a government agency, I'ma regulr cat off the streets of the world. So when we speak we're not being politically correct, we are speking raw truth.

With that being said......Are you ? serious, if you don't know you're speaking to a black man. WE ARE THE JEWS...Listen buddy the system is backwards but every individual isn't. Those White Greek Polish Roman and German White people are not truly jews, they are jewish converts.

The true Jews are the desendants of the Sudanese, Ethiopian and Libyan people. Whom are now mostly Black American Haitian and Jamaican people. Those who are Sudanse Ethiopian and LIbyan and still in Africa are now mostly muslims.

So your reasoning for hating farrakahn and my reasons for liking him are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

We won't agree.

As far as being a ? , I won't put anything past anyone, I don't worship anybody. I just agree with some of his views, period.

I'm jst in here stating facts, What Malcolm X was saying cme from the mind and guidance ofElijah Muhammad. Shiit the motherfcer says that in every speech. If you deny this, you are simply ignorant.

so the rapper shyne knows what he is doing ?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Also cop "Die ? Die" by H Rap Brown, good ass book to read.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Get these also "African Muslims in Antebellum America: Transatlantic Stories and Spiritual Struggles" by Allan Austin and "Servants of Allah: African Muslims Enslaved in the Americas" by Syviane Duouf . Some good books to cop also
  • edwardnigma
    edited July 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    so the rapper shyne knows what he is doing ?

LOL ? I don't know what Shyne is doing. He is really Jewish in the exact way that I'm speaking but he's playing it out in an extreme fashion whch wont be accepted nor understood.

Shyne is like a Malcolm X with no Elijah Muhammad lol He got a lil Knowledge but don't know how to act.
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    This is the number 1 read among inmates. Especially repeat offenders.

It is also the number one read among Black college students who have never been offenders. So you know............
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This post amused me, Farakhan is a racist scumbag ? ? , period. There is nothing honorable about an old ass anti Semite who routinely rapes 9&10 year old girls.

As far as the thread topic, yes I've read the book several times. I wouldn't say it was life changing but it was eye opening, and a window into the mind of a great Man.

Wow. This is why they want us to join the army.

SMH, at your cross referencing three and four different false stories.

But then again, ? is over in Iraq killing babies and they think they right because the white man told them to do it.

SMH, sad, sad, sad.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Malcom dont get the respect he deserves like martin

I GOT THE BOOK THO! BUT IM IN THE MIDDLE OF READING REVOLUTIONARY SUICIDE THE AB OF HUEY NEWTON CANT WAIT TO READ IT THO
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

You got a source on these ? /? allegations?