• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh, man they really ? this up....2 years ago Hickson could've been traded for Amare Stoudamire.

Now they go ahead and draft Tristan Thompson who isn't better than Hickson and trade Hickson for a future 1st rounder to a team that might be really good in 2 years. Had they taken Kyrie Irving and Valancuinas (big man that had to go back overseas for a year drafted by Toronto) Hickson could've built up his trade value through the season and they could've tried to trade him for a 1st rounder this coming season in a draft thats gonna be GREAT. Then next year you got Kyrie, Valanciunas, and maybe 2 lottery picks (1 from themselves ? you know they gon trash again, and 1 from the team they trade with).

Then for the Kings, I guess they're just gonna go no defense....Jimmer, Tyreke, Salmons, Hickson, and Cousins....ROFL they'll be exciting to watch though.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    great pick up for the kings, JJ Hickson can ball ...he didnt get to start until after a while this past season and when he did he put up really really good numbers ...so his 13 and 8 are a tad misleading ...

once he started he probably was a 18 or 19 ppg player and 10 or 11 rebound guy .... very good move by the kings
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh, man they really ? this up....2 years ago Hickson could've been traded for Amare Stoudamire.

Now they go ahead and draft Tristan Thompson who isn't better than Hickson and trade Hickson for a future 1st rounder to a team that might be really good in 2 years. Had they taken Kyrie Irving and Valancuinas (big man that had to go back overseas for a year drafted by Toronto) Hickson could've built up his trade value through the season and they could've tried to trade him for a 1st rounder this coming season in a draft thats gonna be GREAT. Then next year you got Kyrie, Valanciunas, and maybe 2 lottery picks (1 from themselves ? you know they gon trash again, and 1 from the team they trade with).

Then for the Kings, I guess they're just gonna go no defense....Jimmer, Tyreke, Salmons, Hickson, and Cousins....ROFL they'll be exciting to watch though.
    this team wins no more then 30 games.. wheres the veterans at for the leadership that they provide... ANd no i'm not talking bout salmons, ? him
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

hickson was cool just inconsistent one night he give you 20+ next 8. and i heard amare didnt want to come here***shrug***..i feel sorry for irving ? gonna bounce first chance he get
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LOL @ the Kings not being a lottery pick for years to come. (this is before and after this trade)

And the Cavs like ? it we trying to have the first pick every year.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yessss

I HATE Cleveland, and this makes them worse. Perfect.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    LOL @ the Kings not being a lottery pick for years to come. (this is before and after this trade)

lol. already positioning themselves for the next Lebron in 2027
  • gucci7383
    edited June 2011
    Options

at least next yrs draft has some game changers in it... not like the ? we just wacthed last week
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    great pick up for the kings, JJ Hickson can ball ...he didnt get to start until after a while this past season and when he did he put up really really good numbers ...so his 13 and 8 are a tad misleading ...

once he started he probably was a 18 or 19 ppg player and 10 or 11 rebound guy .... very good move by the kings

18/10 playing alongside Demarcus Cousins??
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    this team wins no more then 30 games.. wheres the veterans at for the leadership that they provide... ANd no i'm not talking bout salmons, ? him

lol they in the same boat as the Twolves when it comes to that, bunch of young talent with no vets....but at least the Kings dont have 100 people that play the same position. They should be able to win games by outscoring people with the talent they got but thats it.

Good way to sell tickets and try to keep your team though.
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Kings are likely gonna be back in the lottery, i dont know about giving up a high end pick for a player like Hickson entering into his contract year.
  • gucci7383
    edited June 2011
    Options

lol they in the same boat as the Twolves when it comes to that, bunch of young talent with no vets....but at least the Kings dont have 100 people that play the same position. They should be able to win games by outscoring people with the talent they got but thats it.

dont matter if they had LB23 on there team next yr...the kings are as good as gone next season..there moving to anaheim to have that L.A area code..the lakers just signed a 3 billion dolar tv deal..the kings owners arent stupid they want a piece of that big city tv money..they cant get that in sac town...there team doing bad has nothing to do with them moving as it does them not being able to build a new area in sacramento
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

u really struggle to read i swear, i didnt say he would be that next to cousins, i said with the cavs when he became a starter he was around 18 or 19 ppg player and also 10 or 11
    rebounds

..with the kings it will go down because they got guys who like to touch the rock, the statement i was making was Hickson showed he can play , he showed he could score and rebound...
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lmao im buggin, I read that wrong.

that defense is gonna horrible though.
    dont matter if they had LB23 on there team next yr...the kings are as good as gone next season..there moving to anaheim to have that L.A area code..the lakers just signed a 3 billion dolar tv deal..the kings owners arent stupid they want a piece of that big city tv money..they cant get that in sac town...there team doing bad has nothing to do with them moving as it does them not being able to build a new area in sacramento

lol bruh its the Kings owners who made that Jimmer pick, they not tryna move to LA they tryna stay in Sactown. Regardless, they shouldn't even be gettin moved to LA...the NBA should be sendin them ? to Seattle.
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ha millz is getting that john2009 treatment
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Both teams are irrelevant.
  • gucci7383
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lmao im buggin, I read that wrong.

that defense is gonna horrible though.

lol bruh its the Kings owners who made that Jimmer pick, they not tryna move to LA they tryna stay in Sactown. Regardless, they shouldn't even be gettin moved to LA...the NBA should be sendin them ? to Seattle.

anaheim tv money & playing iin the honda center> playing in sac town & sac town tv money
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    anaheim tv money & playing iin the honda center> playing in sac town & sac town tv money

Stern already gave Sactown another year to push for a new building. Those politicians have to have something else to do other than impregnate their nannies and house cleaners. Word to the governator!!!!!!
  • gucci7383
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Stern already gave Sactown another year to push for a new building. Those politicians have to have something else to do other than impregnate their nannies and house cleaners. Word to the governator!!!!!!

theres no money in the state for another new arena.. lakers signed a 3 billion dollar tv deal..that kind of money is not an option in sac town... but it is in anaheim
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Good pickup by my ? ...another big to give more problems to teams out west....and we don't need anymore lottery picks...we just have to surround our 3 1st round picks Reke, Cousins and Jimmer with some defense in leadership in these next couple years...We have a nice young core that just has to gel, and we're good...It's gonna take about 2 years watch....? it, we're getting the 8th seed next year...We're averaging alot of points i know that ? ..you have a bad night defensively against us your ? ..
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Damn, like I said Dan Gilbert doesn't know what he is doing.
    He traded away Mo Williams and now J.J. Hickson, Wow.
    U could have did that Mo Williams trade in 2010 and brought in Baron Davis.
    U could have traded Hickson for a solid big man, u wait until after LeBron left.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    Good pickup by my ? ...another big to give more problems to teams out west....and we don't need anymore lottery picks...we just have to surround our 3 1st round picks Reke, Cousins and Jimmer with some defense in leadership in these next couple years...We have a nice young core that just has to gel, and we're good...It's gonna take about 2 years watch....? it, we're getting the 8th seed next year...We're averaging alot of points i know that ? ..you have a bad night defensively against us your ? ..

This imo will be the kings biggest problem, and when your two best players lack that quality IDK how it's gonna work out.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm glad we got rid of JJ cause that ? was too inconsistent and he was not a hard worker. He didn't do anything to improve his game after Lebron left and he couldn't handle it when Byron Scott got in his grill about his lazy work ethic. Omri is a pretty decent role player but he fits better with us than JJ cause he plays harder/thread
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Cavs won,they got a draft pick and an outside shooter.Kings just got a okay big man who isn't better than Jason Thompson
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Cavs won,they got a draft pick and an outside shooter.Kings just got a okay big man who isn't better than Jason Thompson

I wish we could have got him as well he will be a good player for years to come.