Tracy Morgan Under Fire Again for Mocking the Disabled.. SMH...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gnRw4m3DIa35ciC6U8IvrZNe2ccA?docId=378ab64f8c134a38a9d3f679de28745e
Tracy Morgan's latest jokes offend the disabled
(AP) – 3 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Tracy Morgan had just finished apologizing for his anti-? jokes, and now the comedian is in hot water again.

In his standup act in New York last weekend, Morgan mocked the mentally disabled, according to The New York Times. This has led to a demand for an apology from the "30 Rock" star by a group promoting the rights of the mentally and physically disabled.

Morgan's wisecracks reportedly included a warning not to "mess with women who have ? kids."

His remarks are "far too offensive to be excused as comedy," Peter Berns, head of The Arc, said earlier this week. He called for an immediate apology.

Thus far, Morgan has offered no response.

Earlier this month, he apologized for a homophobic rant made during a stand-up routine in Nashville.
advocacy group for disabled people is demanding an apology from Morgan on the heels his first stand-up performance since his anti-? tirade.

Yet another group is demanding an apology from Tracy Morgan.

The 30 Rock actor and comedian returned to the stage Saturday night for his first stand-up performance since going on an anti-? tirade June 3 in Nashville over which he was forced to apologize.

During the show, at Carolines Comedy Club in New York, Morgan quipped: "Don't ever mess with women who have ? kids. Them young ? males is strong. They're strong like chimps."

The remark earned him groans and shouts of "uh-oh" from the audience.

He then launched a bit about hooking up with a girl he referred to as a "? ."

Now, the Arc, a nonprofit advocacy group that works on behalf of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is demanding an apology.

"Tracy Morgan should apologize immediately," the Arc CEO Peter Berns, told E! News. "This quote is far too offensive to be excused as comedy, and it is very hurtful to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. "Mr. Morgan has an incredibly powerful platform from which to fix this, and if he's learned anything in the last few weeks, he can't bomb this apology."

There were reportedly no audience walkouts at the New York event as there had been at the Nashville show, where Morgan said he would "pull out a knife and stab" his own son if he were ? .

Those comments gained attention after audience member Kevin Rogers posted them on his Facebook page.

According to Rogers, Morgan "said if his son that was ? he better come home and talk to him like a man and not [he mimicked a ? , high pitched voice] or he would pull out a knife and stab that little N (one word I refuse to use) to death. ... Tracy then said he didn't [expletive] care if he [angered] some ? ."

Morgan's tirade was full of homophobic references and expletives, according to Rogers' Facebook account.

Afterward, several in Hollywood spoke out against the actor-comedian, including Wanda Sykes, Chris Rock, NBC entertainment chief Robert Greenblatt and Morgan's 30 Rock co-stars Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin and Cheyenne Jackson.

Meanwhile, Marlon Wayans defended Morgan, who has since apologized: "I know how bad bullying can hurt. I was bullied when I was a kid. I'm sorry for what I said."

He also committed to working with GLAAD on an anti-bullying PSA and meet with LGBT youth in New York and returned to Nashville last week to apologize to "my friends and my family and my fans and everyone in every community who were offended with this."

see this what happens .. when you get backed down from one group.. now every "advocacy" group is going what you backdown too.. this ? has no one blame.. but himself for letting the pink voltron punk him...

Comments