Lil B releases Im ? album without warning

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Kushington wrote: »
    Lil B's album is straight, it suprised me, he gets into alot of deep topics

The only thing I would say is that he shoulda wrote that ? down, cause alot of the songs you can tell its off the top of the head

i agree about his flow ...but when will people understand that hoes on my ? ? is just entertainment ...its just funny music that gets the crowd going crazy ...i dont think he makes those kinds of tracks with the intent to be serious ...
  • smoothballa81
    smoothballa81 Members Posts: 157
    edited July 2011
    He made a complete album. He has his own way of conveying things. In about 5 years people will respect this album as paving a way for something different, some of these songs touched your heart cause the ? he was saying was not preachy, or elitist, or arrogant. Dude, just wanted to see people love themselves, let others be without judgement, and be happy that you are living life.

It bangs in the whip and it makes you think at home. Most enjoyable body of work I have heard in years. Not the greatest technical lyrical or flow album ever. But, the concept and the body of work musically and message is incredible.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I keep hearing positive opinions on this album have to give it a listen.
  • smoothballa81
    edited July 2011
    AHH or somebody needs to do a real or cohesive review of this album, seriously
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    AHH or somebody needs to do a real or cohesive review of this album, seriously

everybody sayin the same ? . Great production. Great content. Wack Delivery.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    that's what happens when you independent ; lil b sucks by the way but he smarter than a lot people in the game who have to struggle to get a release date

uh when u dont have distribution whatelse is there to do but upload it to the internet for free ... wow ... this guy is breaking new ground ... smh yall just dont get it ... trust me if dude had a real buzz and a REAL FAN BASE 100,000+ .. he would ship ? out for free ... trust ... ;)
  • smoothballa81
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, the worse thing you can say about this ? is his delivery. This deserves a 4.5 out of 5 basically. And if he produced all these songs....He needs to go holla at J Cole's ass and see if he could do his ? .
  • antarticp
    edited July 2011
    this was a pure case of ITS MY ONLY OPTION lol ;)

ie lil kim with her paypal scheme ...

hopefully itll do GRODT #'s because same ? happen to that album and the free producted boosted the ? out of the retail sales ....if it doesnt count on lil b to be releasing free albums for the rest of his career

;)
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    antarticp wrote: »
    uh when u dont have distribution whatelse is there to do but upload it to the internet for free ... wow ... this guy is breaking new ground ... smh yall just dont get it ... trust me if dude had a real buzz and a REAL FAN BASE 100,000+ .. he would ship ? out for free ... trust ... ;)

why do you think this is a good move?
    this was a pure case of ITS MY ONLY OPTION lol ;)

ie lil kim with her paypal scheme ...

hopefully itll do GRODT #'s because same ? happen to that album and the free producted boosted the ? out of the retail sales ....if it doesnt count on lil b to be releasing free albums for the rest of his career

;)

u reaching with the GRODT numbers in 2011
  • antarticp
    edited July 2011
    Brian B. wrote: »
    & its not that bad

the production is good throughout

my only problem is most of the songs sound like he was freestylin

granted, I was cuttin grass while I listened so I really didnt get a good listen

but I'd give it a 3/5

so an album full of great production filled with some ? off the cuff lyrics ... ok thats it im buying this ? .... gtfoh .... i felt my iq dropping just from listening to that bill belamy ? ...... i swear whenever i listen this cat is makes me wanna try to become a professional rapper and i dont want to .... so i gotta stay far away from this garbage ..... and shout to ? like soulja boy who built a brand on signing, cosigning and celebrating wack rappers and bad art .......... its because of you the talentless now have a home to express themselves lol ;)
  • antarticp
    edited July 2011
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    why do you think this is a good move?

u reaching with the GRODT numbers in 2011

actually i dont think its a good or a bad move ... i just think its not that innovating as people are making it out to be ... it aint like the move Kanye and Jay are making with doing an online only release ... not innovating but we all know they have all distribution avenues in the palms of thier hands and they are settling with online only sounds kind of crazy ....

and yeah im def reaching not expecting it to really do grodt #'s ... but thats was the last album to get released for FREEE and promoted by the rapper to get it for free and it actually helped the rapper to move more units ... thats the main reason why i mentioned it ...
  • antarticp
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, the worse thing you can say about this ? is his delivery. This deserves a 4.5 out of 5 basically. And if he produced all these songs....He needs to go holla at J Cole's ass and see if he could do his ? .

damnnnnnnnn son got a week delivery and u gving him a 4.5 out of 5 smh ... downsouth music truelly has changed how we look @ music ... i guess lyrics really dont mean anything anymore ... u can really make a hit without saying anything on the track LOL ... #mims lol ;) #thisiswhyimhot lol ;)
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    damnnnnnnnn son got a week delivery and u gving him a 4.5 out of 5 smh ... downsouth music truelly has changed how we look @ music ... i guess lyrics really dont mean anything anymore ... u can really make a hit without saying anything on the track LOL ... #mims lol ;) #thisiswhyimhot lol ;)

nah dont put that on us..

id give the album a 2.5 maybe 3/5 tho..
  • antarticp
    edited July 2011
    i guess we can now also look forward to 50tyson changing the game and dropping a classic album smh lol bye bye hip hop ... i think imma officially switch over to techno/club music ... they got better chicks over there anyway hip hop is losing its luster ... lol ;)
  • antarticp
    edited July 2011
    nah dont put that on us..

id give the album a 2.5 maybe 3/5 tho..

if u got a week delivery and week lyrics ... i cant see it being no more than a 3.5 ..... dude cant put out an album better than BG or waka lol or better yet Cormega .... go join the week delviery crew lol .... altho i ? with mega musically ;)
  • smoothballa81
    edited July 2011

This is more of a concept album.....Not a gimmick or whatever...''Week'' you mean Weak? His lyrics make a whole lot of damn sense, it's just his flow is kinda off. You can't compare some club ? to a cohesive message album like this.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    People keep trying to make different excuses for this guy.
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    BanjeeFish wrote: »
    "Don't cry. Dry your eyes..."

? gotta support their leader
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    if u got a week delivery and week lyrics ... i cant see it being no more than a 3.5 ..... dude cant put out an album better than BG or waka lol or better yet Cormega .... go join the week delviery crew lol .... altho i ? with mega musically ;)

he uploaded his album to tunecore which puts it on all the digital music outlets . Like I tunes etc. As far as having a weak delivery , weak freestyled lyrics , and good production that doesn't sound like an album i want to listen to
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited July 2011
    he uploaded his album to tunecore which puts it on all the digital music outlets . Like I tunes etc. As far as having a weak delivery , weak freestyled lyrics , and good production that doesn't sound like an album i want to listen to

bruh u coming off real salty if u don't like it move on
  • BanjeeFish
    BanjeeFish Members Posts: 308
    edited July 2011
    ? gotta support their leader

You call that a comeback?
  • aijalon
    aijalon Members Posts: 919
    edited July 2011
    ? need to get off their high horses and prejudice and appreciate that Lil B breathed life into the carcass.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    rofl @ this ? goin 6 pages.

this means that anyone can get on the mic and do numbers.

see ,i been tellin yall. hip hop is so terrible now because fans will accept anything. every man thinks he can jus get on the mic,"swag it out" and get paid
  • BanjeeFish
    BanjeeFish Members Posts: 308
    edited July 2011
    young law wrote: »
    rofl @ this ? goin 6 pages.

this means that anyone can get on the mic and do numbers.

see ,i been tellin yall. hip hop is so terrible now because fans will accept anything. every man thinks he can jus get on the mic,"swag it out" and get paid

They've been saying that about hip hop since the beginning.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    BanjeeFish wrote: »
    They've been saying that about hip hop since the beginning.

so when grandmaster casanova fly was choreographing routines for the CCold Crush Brothers folks were sayin "ahh man, that takes no skill. anyone can do that"

when this young rakim kid flipped hip hop on it's head and debuted with paid in full folks were like "ah man, he aint said ? . anyone cant put together rhymes like that"