Lil B releases Im ? album without warning

Options

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    so when grandmaster casanova fly was choreographing routines for the CCold Crush Brothers folks were sayin "ahh man, that takes no skill. anyone can do that"

when this young rakim kid flipped hip hop on it's head and debuted with paid in full folks were like "ah man, he aint said ? . anyone cant put together rhymes like that"

law they don't get it and how can they say any ic rappers suck if this is what they praising
  • BanjeeFish
    BanjeeFish Members Posts: 308
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so when grandmaster casanova fly was choreographing routines for the CCold Crush Brothers folks were sayin "ahh man, that takes no skill. anyone can do that"

when this young rakim kid flipped hip hop on it's head and debuted with paid in full folks were like "ah man, he aint said ? . anyone cant put together rhymes like that"

Hell yeah! The haters were...
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    "Why can't I sag? When it's just a style?"
  • BanjeeFish
    edited July 2011
    Options
    law they don't get it and how can they say any ic rappers suck if this is what they praising

lol - so that's what all this is about?
  • MC The Rapper
    edited July 2011
    Options
    bruh u coming off real salty if u don't like it move on

so be it , yall will accept any lil ?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? thread topics say going double plat
  • MC The Rapper
    edited July 2011
    Options
    BanjeeFish wrote: »
    lol - so that's what all this is about?

nope even if i wasn't rapping i would be horrified just like when people was praising wayne or any other ? that came out
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

tru dat

they jus dont get it.

thats why sometimes i jus put my lil input in,but i dont care for multipage arguments when i know these kids and ? jus dont understand.

maybe 6 years from now they will look back and be like "wtf was i thinkin. i cant believe i was into that"

jus like all them brothas who wore cross color clothes in the 90's
  • young law
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nope even if i wasn't rapping i would be horrified just like when people was praising wayne or any other ? that came out

seriously fam

rapper or not,
    im still gonna call crazy crazy

and honestly,
    this lil b ? is pure satire IMO. anyone who falls for it is mindless to an extent,
    so dont take it too tuff
  • BanjeeFish
    edited July 2011
    Options

Well, you realize that everybody has their own taste in music, right? And it's pretty snobby to act like your opinion is more legitimate than somebody else's. But it is a good thing that you are making your own music to bring to the world what you feel is missing. And your music is valuable no matter what anybody else say - just like Lil B's music is valuable no matter what you say. And I'm not even crazy about LIL B music, but I can appreciate, admire, and be inspired by his creative efforts and quest for growth/learning/evolution. And the more some of you keep hating on him, it makes me like him even more. it's like choosing beauty over ugliness. That's all.
  • young law
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well, you realize that everybody has their own taste in music, right? And it's pretty snobby to act like your opinion is more legitimate than somebody else's. But it is a good thing that you are making your own music to bring to the world what you feel is missing. And your music is valuable no matter what anybody else say - just like Lil B's music is valuable no matter what you say. And I'm not even crazy about LIL B music, but I can appreciate, admire, and be inspired by his creative efforts and quest for growth/learning/evolution. And the more some of you keep hating on him, it makes me like him even more. it's like choosing beauty over ugliness. That's all.

this has turned into a teen drama
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Can't front the production is tight and the content is positive. Not a fan of Lil B tho on any level and still sceptical if he does actually put out a joint project with Jay Electronica (WTF?)

But anyways anyone know who produced the album or whether Lil B did the joints himself?

Oh and when J. Cole album drops I bet ppl would be like, "if only he had lil B's album production instead of his own...etc"
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This ? is iiiiiiiiiiiiggghhtt, but ? talking about 4.5/5 and this is anywhere near a classic need to be taken out back and shot. Hip-hop seems to be the year for ? ad overall weird ass ? in 2011
  • MC The Rapper
    edited July 2011
    Options

You don't know what hate is. His music is ass cheeks even when he is serious and has a positive message there's is no hate involved. I'm starting to believe that hip hop don't need saving its the people who create and consume the music that do .
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You don't know what hate is. His music is ass cheeks even when he is serious and has a positive message there's is no hate involved. I'm starting to believe that hip hop don't need saving its the people who create and consume the music that do .

whats ya idea of good hip hop?
  • BanjeeFish
    edited July 2011
    Options

You're just frustrated. But it's cool. Happens to the best of us.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

You tell him MC. I know what hate is
  • MC The Rapper
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    whats ya idea of good hip hop?

good production , good lyrics, good flow, everything top notch. not weak lyricism and delivery with good beats what the ? is that.
  • young law
    edited July 2011
    Options

great post

Listen.. people be askin me all the time,
    "Yo Mos, what's gettin ready to happen with Hip-Hop?"
    (Where do you think Hip-Hop is goin?)
    I tell em, "You know what's gonna happen with Hip-Hop?
    Whatever's happening with us"
    If we smoked out, Hip-Hop is gonna be smoked out
    If we doin alright, Hip-Hop is gonna be doin alright
    People talk about Hip-Hop like it's some giant livin in the hillside
    comin down to visit the townspeople
    We (are) Hip-Hop
    Me, you, everybody, we are Hip-Hop
    So Hip-Hop is goin where we goin
    So the next time you ask yourself where Hip-Hop is goin
    ask yourself.. where am I goin? How am I doin?
    Til you get a clear idea
    So.. if Hip-Hop is about the people
    and the.. Hip-Hop won't get better until the people get better
  • Turfaholic
    edited July 2011
    Options
    good production , good lyrics, good flow, everything top notch. not weak lyricism and delivery with good beats what the ? is that.

i meant artist
  • young law
    edited July 2011
    Options

if the kids are

-smoked out
    -?
    -violent
    -ignorant
    -full of self hate
    -have low attention spans

what kind of music do they think they will embrace???

CONSPIRACY AT WORK
    how do you control the people???
    "keep the entertainment at a 6th/2nd grade level......"
  • MC The Rapper
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    i meant artist

he or she has to have charisma
    be able to express him/her self well
    be skilled at rapping(flow,delivery,lyrical content that is associated with rapping ie, wordplay punchlines,metaphors,similes)
    have versatility (can make any type of song well ie conscious,party,story tell,concept etc)
    be able to write a compelling song
    be original
    knows how to pick good production
    good at creating an emotional tone with their music
  • Turfaholic
    edited July 2011
    Options
    if the kids are

-smoked out
    -?
    -violent
    -ignorant
    -full of self hate
    -have low attention spans

what kind of music do they think they will embrace???

CONSPIRACY AT WORKhow do you control the people???
    "keep the entertainment at a 6th/2nd grade level......"

Keyword @ Bolded. People use the word ? on here so freely, but dont actually realize who's the one in the skyriser dancing for the records execs with a CD in they hand.
  • Lord Sinistah
    Lord Sinistah Members Posts: 49
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Can't front the production is tight and the content is positive. Not a fan of Lil B tho on any level and still sceptical if he does actually put out a joint project with Jay Electronica (WTF?)

But anyways anyone know who produced the album or whether Lil B did the joints himself?

Oh and when J. Cole album drops I bet ppl would be like, "if only he had lil B's album production instead of his own...etc"
    lmaooooooooo!!!!
  • Turfaholic
    edited July 2011
    Options
    he or she has to have charisma
    be able to express him/her self well
    be skilled at rapping(flow,delivery,lyrical content that is associated with rapping ie, wordplay punchlines,metaphors,similes)
    have versatility (can make any type of song well ie conscious,party,story tell,concept etc)
    be able to write a compelling song
    be original
    knows how to pick good production
    good at creating an emotional tone with their music

dang bruh, i meant like who makes music that meets ya standards. Name People