Whats Some Good Computer Jobs That Dont Have To Do With Taking Calls?

ICame4Pussy
ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Im looking for a job change, i definitely wanna be inside working on a computer, Maybe Data Entry or something like that. Any Ideas or Recommendation?

Comments

• Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Data entry is cool and its almost like taking notation but its not simple to just pick up and master. I guess building computers if you know how. I used to build computers from scratch after high school
  • new account2
    new account2 Members Posts: 1,469
    edited June 2011
    they had a huge thread like this before....apparently G&S is filled with IT geeks....LOL this one might blow up too....

you dont want to take calls??? like in general??? i mean thats a wide spectrum..

and when you say data entry, like data base (Running and managing data) or like making spread sheets for other mafuckas?
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Data entry is a boring ass job. What about web development or IT?
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited June 2011
    they had a huge thread like this before....apparently G&S is filled with IT geeks....LOL this one might blow up too....

you dont want to take calls??? like in general??? i mean thats a wide spectrum..

and when you say data entry, like data base (Running and managing data) or like making spread sheets for other mafuckas?

I work for a sprint call center now, its easy but im tired of it
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited June 2011
    taeboo wrote: »
    Data entry is a boring ass job. What about web development or IT?

I would like to, but dont know much about it
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    I would like to, but dont know much about it

If you know someone in the field, maybe you can talk to them about what you need to learn. Web development isn't that hard to learn if you have someone who can break it down for you.
  • new account2
    edited June 2011
    I work for a sprint call center now, its easy but im tired of it

oh that call center ? ....LOL Yea that 15 minutes, half our lunch them ? clocking you all days.....Cant have a cigarette break longer than 5 minutes constantly talking to people who say stupid ? ass jobs....I hear you

Theres a lot.....what do you like to do, be in the field, talking to people?? You a anti ? ??? Do you got time on your hands.....?? All that ? comes into play.....I will say that if you dont have no paitence and/or aint a quick learning ? or hungry enough, IT aint for you.....IF you got one of those 3 reqs........then the world is yours.....

Start out with something simple....A+ or Web design......two eaisest ways into IT with as lil money and time as possible....

A+ is like the fixing computers ? .......get a book and try to get an A+ Cert......go buy some old cheap computers from the thrift store, fix'em up and break'em back down.......watch videos.......go on craigslists and look for internships......or side jobs.....meet people who ? with that ? .....etc..

Web design is pretty much get you a web space, preferably something free or cheap, right click (on sites you like)> view source.......That is usually the HTML coding, which is the basic language of websites and in general....get you a book or two or class......watch videos and get to work......

IF you do all that ? , start putting it on your resume.......hustle your way in......

But it takes one of them 3 things.......thats the key, hunger, intelligence or paitence....IF you have one of those 3, you'll be fine......
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    system admin, db analyst, developer
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited June 2011
    oh that call center ? ....LOL Yea that 15 minutes, half our lunch them ? clocking you all days.....Cant have a cigarette break longer than 5 minutes constantly talking to people who say stupid ? ass jobs....I hear you

Theres a lot.....what do you like to do, be in the field, talking to people?? You a anti ? ??? Do you got time on your hands.....?? All that ? comes into play.....I will say that if you dont have no paitence and/or aint a quick learning ? or hungry enough, IT aint for you.....IF you got one of those 3 reqs........then the world is yours.....

Start out with something simple....A+ or Web design......two eaisest ways into IT with as lil money and time as possible....

A+ is like the fixing computers ? .......get a book and try to get an A+ Cert......go buy some old cheap computers from the thrift store, fix'em up and break'em back down.......watch videos.......go on craigslists and look for internships......or side jobs.....meet people who ? with that ? .....etc..

Web design is pretty much get you a web space, preferably something free or cheap, right click (on sites you like)> view source.......That is usually the HTML coding, which is the basic language of websites and in general....get you a book or two or class......watch videos and get to work......

IF you do all that ? , start putting it on your resume.......hustle your way in......

But it takes one of them 3 things.......thats the key, hunger, intelligence or paitence....IF you have one of those 3, you'll be fine......

I Like how that sound and yea I got all 3 qualities
  • opiie562
    opiie562 Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    i'm an administrative assistant at a real estate office. i do have to deal with the phone, but thats every once in a while. i'm mostly in my cubicle, in front of my computer. chill job, no complaints, except sometimes it gets pretty boring, theres only so much ? you can look at online.
  • new account2
    edited June 2011
    I Like how that sound and yea I got all 3 qualities

yea web design is cool, just make sure you hold on to your social life tho...LOL

its prolly the the easiest of the two anyways....
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    free way to learn some basic things

http://www.w3schools.com/

just remember the certificate from there dont hold any weight its just a free way to learn basics
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    if i get into web design should i be learnig html or xml
  • new account2
    edited June 2011
    both....there isnt too much difference between the two.....HTML is like the foundation for XML......
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited June 2011
    Both, but they won't get you far at all. This ain't 97.

Web design might as well be "burger flipper" these days, in most cases.

If you want to build websites these days, you should know the markup languages intimately, alongside being familiar with server and client side programming languages. At least one server side technology. If you don't have the stomach to be a programmer, at least master often-used CMSs within the realm of your choice.

HTML is not the foundation for XML.
  • new account2
    edited June 2011
    you are actually right......I'm thinkin XHTML....
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I only want to do this part time so should i go to an art institue school or some technical school or is it easy to learn on my own
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    man..the best way to learn anything computer related is to pick up a book and practice. Web development..or networking etc. thats the key. then once u feel comfortable....throw that ? on ur resume and put it out there.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    software engineer... i don't take any calls, Just have to meet with people one a week for an hour or so.
  • spc4mack
    spc4mack Members Posts: 202 ✭✭
    edited July 2011

Listen to this guy. If you are not patient or cannot catch on to things quick IT may not be what you are interested in. If you are the type of person that enjoys troubleshooting and figuring out how things work then you may have what it takes. Get yourself an A+ book and a old PC. Take the ? apart and figure out how to put it back together. Learn what each part does and study and by all means talk to and mingle with people in the IT field. After you get that A+ you can figure out which route you want to take from there.
  • opiie562
    edited July 2011
    what about a computer programmer
  • opiie562
    edited July 2011
    software engineer... i don't take any calls, Just have to meet with people one a week for an hour or so.

how is it? you have a bachelors degree or something? get paid good?
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    opiie562 wrote: »
    how is it? you have a bachelors degree or something? get paid good?

I have a BA in math and one in computer science. Pay is really good. I also freelance.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Dice Is where I have been looking for a begginner IT job! I am trying to get some SQL experience So I can put it on my resume!