So yall ? checking out Gruden camp with Terrell Pryor on ESPN @

Options
2»

Comments

• ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    [QUOTE=Coo Coo Cal's Beanie;2884942]Its a joke to even give Gruden a segment. What has he ever done? And dont reply to me sayin he won a superbowl wit the GOAT defense playing against the offense he built either. Jon Gruden aint ? and thats why he aint coaching now.

CO Sign[/QUOTE]

I keep telling people this ? . Thats why I dont even watch that ? ... And why give him a segment with young QB's when he has never developed a young QB his whole damn career.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Its a joke to even give Gruden a segment. What has he ever done? And dont reply to me sayin he won a superbowl wit the GOAT defense playing against the offense he built either. Jon Gruden aint ? and thats why he aint coaching now.

CO Sign

i've said it time and time again, Gruden is great at times, but he refuses to grill these guys and he rarely says anything negative about players or teams b/c he doesn't want to burn bridges. And after a couple years its gotten out of hand. Thats why these qb sessions aren't as good as they shoudl be, because he coddles to these guys. and thats also why its worse when some of these guys cant even impress the audience in an interview full of softball questions and non-existant follow-ups.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    I keep telling people this ? . Thats why I dont even watch that ? ... And why give him a segment with young QB's when he has never developed a young QB his whole damn career.

thats true, they need to have segments of him with mediocre 30+ year old qb's b/c those are the one's he's had most success with
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i missed it. and i don't have a problem with Gruden. It's not like he's actually developing these guys or anything. He's just offering up cream puff questions so each draftee has a chance to improve their public image. Any guy who has coached offense for as long as Gruden has knows these basic skills. I don't need Joe Montana to be on the segment for it to be legit. ? half of these dudes are being developed by Cris Wienke and Ken Dorsey. That's who folks need to be worried about in terms of how these guys are developed and not Gruden. It's for tv, no real NFL scout evaluator is taking this with a grain of salt. they have already done their due diligence. Pryor and his agents reached out and called ESPN and Gruden for this interview so they can try to show he's not a bad guy.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Monizzle wrote: »
    D'Brickashw Fergusons twitter:

DragonflyJonez D'Brickashaw
    Terelle Pryor looks like Dave Chapelle when he tried to look like Tiger Woods.
    13 minutes ago

That ? just made me spit my water out......
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    First Take is grading Terrelle's performance with Gruden right now:

Jemele: "I got a whole lotta nothing from Terrelle Pryor." Grade: C-

Skip: Grade: D b/c I felt too sorry for him to give him an F
    "Overwhelmed by the moment, easily knocked off balance verbally. He often looked just as awkward on the field as he did in the session."

I tend to agree w/ the bad reviews. Mainly b/c Pryor did NOTHING to help his stock or image. It was a waste of time b/c of Gruden's wackness and Terrelle's bland style.
  • Joe Grizzly
    Joe Grizzly Members Posts: 232
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I dont see what a ? tv segment has to do with real football. Some people are good at what they do but can't verbalize it when put on the spot.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    TP is a damn joke.

OSU hype machine.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Its like they wanna throw Pryor 2 the wolves but ESPN was jocking and campaigning Tebow 2 be a 1st rounder a year ago and everybody wanted him 2 win especially Gruden. But they ? on TP
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I dont see what a ? tv segment has to do with real football. Some people are good at what they do but can't verbalize it when put on the spot.

because he failed his on field test too. Dude could not win the big game that decided if he was gunna play in a normal bowl or the national title bowl. Yes he won other big bowls but those matchups were easy compaired to winning the conference and winning the national title. Look at guys who got their team to the title that are already busts......
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    TP is a damn joke.

OSU hype machine.

*True*

But the ENTIRE Big 10 was willing to suck him and his daddy's ? to have him sign at their school. I knew they were all about to get set up for a disappointment.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he had a better career than either of the 2011 rookie QBs. EITHER of them. Yes *that one* included.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »

You hit the nail on the head. I think Gruden was a good coach, but the one thing about him is that he had 0 patience for dealing with green QBs, so he's like the last person that should be doing something like this.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Always thought he was a ?