The official nba/nfl lockout thread

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    ? go be watching eastern michigan and iowa a&m play ball...any football will do...i hate it that the football offseason is the longest out of all other sports.
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    GetMoneyInDaN.O. Members Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    i always watch football no matter what...even those tuesday nights toledo vs miami(oh) games on espn2

nba wont be missed as long as the nfl gets their ? 2gether
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    There's about to be a NBA baby boom.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    i always watch football no matter what...even those tuesday nights toledo vs miami(oh) games on espn2

nba wont be missed as long as the nfl gets their ? 2gether

nba>>>>nfl
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Exactly same thing Im sayin

Im sick of hearing about unions and cba's and etc

They robbin the fans

Get a mediator or judge look at either sides best proposal and let them dictate who gets what

Whether the union or owners like it or not since they couldnt come to an agreement

Cuz everything I read and hear is sayin this could get ugly

Super ugly

worst than the last lockout ,Now people who watch and support this game have to suffer

Thats why fans should boycott them for doin this ? when u had ample time to get somethin done

all i know is if i have to miss one game of the nba or nfl i might not ever watch the nba or nfl again. I'll just stick to college sports
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I blame todd mcullough for the nba lockout..

i just do
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    2011 fall/winter = WOAT

imma have 2 remain busy durin that dull time.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    2011 fall/winter = WOAT

imma have 2 remain busy durin that dull time.

That's the problem, ain't nothing to do in the winter. I'm not trying to be outside when it's 2 degrees. It's go be a lot of babies being conceived if both leagues dont get deals done
  • D.D.S.
    edited July 2011
    That's the problem, ain't nothing to do in the winter. I'm not trying to be outside when it's 2 degrees. It's go be a lot of babies being conceived if both leagues dont get deals done

exactly, i'm the house watchin ? tryin 2 stay warm. but i can't do that now if the lockouts don't end. and chicago's winter trumps this ky ? . haha.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Millioinaires vs Billionaires, who cares… In the end they’re banking in the general public’s forgiveness and stupidity to comeback to arenas and get charged an additional 10-30% more for these new CBA’s.

When you see cats like Desean Jackson Twittering his $25K bar tab, it’s a slap in the face to all of his ‘regular’ followers and fans that are busting their ? to put kids thru school, pay rent, food etc. I never begrudge anyone for having dough and spending it on whatever they want, however when you’re flaunting your ? on twitter, just don’t expect me to feel bad for you when that cash runs out
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I keep telling people this lockout won't last long cuz the owners are too ? greedy to miss out on money for the upcoming season. Lockout will be lifted before mid Sept watch.
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Damn Stern is really gangsta nba.com has taken down all pictures or videos of current NBA players. They got pictures of Jerry West and John Stockton on the front page.
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited July 2011
    Damn Stern is really gangsta nba.com has taken down all pictures or videos of current NBA players. They got pictures of Jerry West and John Stockton on the front page.

yeah and the nba youtube page is just posting a bunch of classic ?
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    [QUOTE=aone415;2886032]Millioinaires vs Billionaires, who cares… In the end they’re banking in the general public’s forgiveness and stupidity to comeback to arenas and get charged an additional 10-30% more for these new CBA’s.

When you see cats like Desean Jackson Twittering his $25K bar tab, it’s a slap in the face to all of his ‘regular’ followers and fans that are busting their ? to put kids thru school, pay rent, food etc. I never begrudge anyone for having dough and spending it on whatever they want, however when you’re flaunting your ? on twitter, just don’t expect me to feel bad for you when that cash runs out[/QUOTE]

C/S, they are just being greedy.
    U got people like us out here working 9 to 5 making $10-$15 an hour and with the economy the way it is and the taxes the way it is, u are barely making it.
    U have foreclosure, high gas prices and the cost of living being high and pay is low but, they making all this money and still wanting more and not really doing anything with it.
    I can see if they was going on strike to get health benefits for the players after they retire or if they get seriously injured but, they are looking for more money.
  • D.D.S.
    edited July 2011
    yeah and the nba youtube page is just posting a bunch of classic ?

hahaha wtf.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I will not be spending any money on live games for the NFL or NBA. I will not buy the NFL Sunday Ticket or NBA Pass. F*ck them all. But I do side with the players, these owners are so damn greedy especially in Football where players are risking life and limb. NBA like Baseball have guarantee contracts so the Owners are upset that the players will make bank no matter what. The NFL owners are just foul. Overall I see Football starting late, it's already July, training camp is suppose to start in 3 weeks, even if they get a deal done this week they are so behind. NBA has time to work it out cause the season just ended but I hope fans wake up and see how you've been getting hustled and played by sports in general. People let that ish run their lives. The players and owners don't give a damn about you, they only care about the money. You work hard as hell for every dollar you have. Don't give it to them, keep it for yourself. Like I said, I will only watch if it's on regular TV for free, no more paying for games. They will not get my money. But it's going to be wack having no football in the fall if this continues to drag on. I don't really care for basketball until after January anyway so it's not much of a loss to me.
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited July 2011
    question: isn't it dumb for players like nene and shannon to opt out of contracts when there is no certainty of what typr of contracts and money players will recieve after the lockout? or is there sense in their actions?
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I won't be that ? if the NBA misses some games but the NFL? Naw ? we need all 16 games, not that 8 game season ? .
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011

this is how it looked like right at 12:01 last night, they QUICKLY took ? down

NBA+screenshot.jpg

sorry for the super big ass pic yall
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I know this ? frustrating

But if the nets resign D will and get Dwight howard which are both strong possibilitys

You KNOW you gonna watch

But I feel you this ? is blowin me

Today would of been the 1st day of free agency and teams could of started makin trades

it would be hard not to watch but i use watch hockey all the time but then they locked out now i barely watch it. I just sick of these players thinking they're entitled to more. Of course the owners dont want to give the players more money the players arent putting up their own money to run the team
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Well in the NFL case I dont understand why the NFl had a lockout in the 1st place every team in the league made a profit every team. These owners are arguing over 10 billion dollas and how they wil split it up. The NBa is different they're a couple of teams that are having financial problem like some of them small market teams like Sacramento and so forth. But they need 2 get that ? 2gether I cant take Baseball no more
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    ? is depressing because its supposed to be Free agency and we were supposed to make our run at Samuel Dalembert smh. But damn I havent watched ESPN for more than 5 mins in like 2 weeks. But I think for the NBA a deal could be reached before December.Everybody is going to lose even more money by not having games.
  • afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    On espn they said for some teams not having a season would be a good thing fo them financially
  • oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    fellas,

yall do realize that females are "licking their chops" at the prospect of them knowing deep down THEY WILL HAVE SUNDAY TO-DO LISTS FOR US SINCE FOOTBALL SUNDAYS IS OUR "WEEKEND PASS".

*cringes at the thought* that this ? may drag on and just totally X out the NFL season period

at least the semi-saving grace is that there's always NCAA Football especially if the PAC-12 successfully lobbies for college games to be played on Sundays

in the meantime however

fucccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!

had to vent
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    to tell the truth i really dont give a ? , im a sports fan but i stop being a fanatic long time ago..... ? there's college ball, boxing, the gym, spendin time with the fam, i mean what the ? ???? they dont give a ? about me so why so i give a ? about them.....but when they play i will be watching if not oh well