Do people need to know you have kids ...

Options
2»

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mikko_ wrote: »
    Oh, and denying your Childs existence is denying your kid

That sounds good, but no it's not. Like I said, some ? is personal.

A ? could be #1 dad but humble enough to not go into that ? . Not everybody feels that's an appropriate discussion.

For instance, does everybody at your job need to know you have a kid that don't live with you ? And denying you have a kid is not denying your kid.

If you're rich and a random ? asks you if you're rich, and you say no, are you denying your money ?
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    It's all good, I post real ? . I don't really expect everybody to agree.... especially females. That's the original point, ? start jumping to assumptions about you when you discuss you havin' kids - and especially if they don't live with you.

It's like bringing up religion, the conversation could go south real quick.

Which is kinda what they doin' right now...
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I dont have any children, but I would think most people would assume that the child lives with the mother if since father's hardly have full custody, so I dont see the problem
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yeah bruh. Who really cares how a stranger views you and your custody arrangement.
    Who really gives a ? . If you feel like its too personal/intrusive, just say its to personal, and that you dont want to discuss it.. cause you just met them.

Pretty simple grown up ish, if you ask me
    just saying
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Oh, and denying your Childs existence is denying your kid

wow. how profound
  • 7figz
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yeah bruh. Who really cares how a stranger views you and your custody arrangement.
    Who really gives a ? . If you feel like its too personal/intrusive, just say its to personal, and that you dont want to discuss it.. cause you just met them.

Pretty simple grown up ish, if you ask me
    just saying

I could dig it and that's exactly how I do it. Except instead of saying it's personal, I say no to cut that ? off real quick. Anything other than no, gonna lead to the same ? .

And at times, this ain't even females. It could be a manager or some ? ask if I got kids, and my answer will be no. Ain't tryin' to give ? no ammo to use plus lettin' people know doesn't really lead to anything beneficial, just more questions.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i'll tell who ever if they ask.
  • 7figz
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You're comparing money to denying the existence of a human life YOU created...Jesus Christ!!!
    Furthermore, strangers sometimes become friends, lovers, and aquantinces...how are you going to go back and tell that person you pretended your kid didn't exist so they wouldn't make assumptions? What will they think of you then, that's not exactly a lie you can keep up forever is it?

damn you're emotional...

You make it sound like a ? ordered the execution of his child over some money. Look some people get to know and some people don't. If you're important enough, you'll know.

The same goes with a chick I'm ? ' with. It's not the 1st thing I tell her, but when she finds out, then she does. One chick didn't know until she was in the crib and saw a picture, and it wasn't because I told her I didn't, I just didn't bring it up. I wasn't on the hunt for a new baby mother, I was looking to smash (and so I did)

Then when she seen me later with my kid, she's acting like I hid something from her. I'm like ? , that's personal biz and he got a mother, what you needed to know for ?
  • 7figz
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What's more important - admitting to random people you got kid(s) so that can categorize you, or doing what you feel you need to do as a father ?
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Real talk right there. I used to speak on it but then I noticed all it did was lead people to assume ? and ask more questions they shouldn't ask - especially for a guy. What kind of father are you ? Why did you leave the mother ? Just other out of place ? .
    That ? is the WOAT. It makes you not want to bring it up. I also hate it when meeting a new chick that doesnt have kids and she tells you why.
  • El oh El
    El oh El Members Posts: 323
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is like an episode of "When being a baby daddy goes wrong"
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What's more important - admitting to random people you got kid(s) so that can categorize you, or doing what you feel you need to do as a father ?

people will categorize you regardless. It doesnt matter what you say or do. Every body wont be impressed or disgusted. But I dont see a reason to lie unless in some form or fashion I was ashamed.... but thats just me.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The only women that talk about their kids 24/7 are those that don't have ? else to talk about...my child will come up but she definitely doesn't dominate my conversations.

Meanwhile, the only fathers that want to avoid convos about their kids are those that are ashamed of the circumstances or aren't taking of their kids.
  • 7figz
    edited July 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    The only women that talk about their kids 24/7 are those that don't have ? else to talk about...my child will come up but she definitely doesn't dominate my conversations.

Meanwhile, the only fathers that want to avoid convos about their kids are those that are ashamed of the circumstances or aren't taking of their kids.

Might be true in some cases, but it's just a generalization.

A ? could be doing all the right ? as a non-custodial parent but not speak on it because he tryin' to smash somethin'
  • oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    not gonna be like "oooh oooh guess what yall I have 2 children"

if a particular convo/subject takes place regarding and if I'm asked if I'm a parent or not...sure I'll let it be known then...other than that it's happenstance if someone were to find out ( around me when I'm on the phone talking to them, I have pictures out in a public setting for people to notice, etc.)
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If a person asks, I tell them. But I don;t volunteer that information. Just like I don't volunteer any other information. I wouldn't lie about the ? , but I'm not big on people knowing my business too tough. Especially ? at work.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »

100% false.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    t/s that's some weak ? ? man

real talk

what stranger is that important that you worried about being willing to deny your own kid just to impress them? SMH
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ya, why lie about it? Especially coworkers. It's inevitable. I have a coworker who told her whole damn life story the 2nd day on the job. We were both new and I was thinking why was she spilling all her drama..but anyway..those types of things come out when you're around people 40+ hours a week. I don't see the need to keep it a secret. You trying to get at somebody at work?
  • 7figz
    edited July 2011
    Options
    t/s that's some weak ? ? man

real talk

what stranger is that important that you worried about being willing to deny your own kid just to impress them? SMH

SMH at puttin words in a ? mouth.

1. Who said a ? was "worried" ? Anybody who been outside the hood knows that you don't discuss your personal business with everybody, and anybody from the hood who works above a fast food pay grade knows, that people at work knowing your personal business ain't the move.

Most of the time you meet a ? who constantly talks about their kid and how their kid is what they live for, etc... etc... doesn't have a life. Example - FACEBOOK

2. Who the ? said it was to impress somebody ?

I dont want to hear about nobody else's kids either, so I don't discuss mine at work. Let'em know you got kid(s) and they think you want to see pictures of theirs... uhhh no I don't but maybe you do.

----

Only a sensitive ? feel that this is denying your kid. Not discussing your kid(s) with someone you'll probably never seen again ain't ? . Being a good father is all you gotta worry about.
    Ya, why lie about it? Especially coworkers. It's inevitable. I have a coworker who told her whole damn life story the 2nd day on the job. We were both new and I was thinking why was she spilling all her drama..but anyway. .those types of things come out when you're around people 40+ hours a week. I don't see the need to keep it a secret. You trying to get at somebody at work?

Na and that's the thing. You gotta be strategic, you can't be at work telling everybody ? . Everybody ain't ya' friend. She told you her whole biz and what was the purpose of that ? what if you ain't have her best interest at heart? If y'all tight, then ofcourse but otherwise it's a time and place for everything. Personal ? ain't gonna come out (for me) at work, that's how ? get nowhere. I treat work as strictly business. And if I meet a female, I just want to ? - or don't give a ? about, I see no reason to share that info. Personal ? will come out between friends, not strangers.

? is slow though - taking the ? way too seriously. "? , he's denying his children...". soft ass emotional ? . What does tellin' strangers about ya' kids do for ya' kid ? Not a damn thing.

Oh and I'd have no problem if it came out. Like if I had to leave early to pick up my kid - just wouldn't choose to go into it. And bore people with stories about my kid's graduation or some ? ...

but hey that's just me.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    broham, if somebody asks you if you got kids it shouldn't be anything to say yeah you got a couple of niglets

if you don't feel like sharing intimate details, you ain't got to

so why be so unsure about whether or not you should express that you got kids? what person is that significant that you can't just tell them to mind their business if they asking too much?

just keep it greasy fam