How many dudes on here have had kidney stones?

Options
tommy_jules
tommy_jules Members Posts: 138
edited July 2011 in The Weight Room
I'm gonna go see the doc tomorrow, but it sounds like that's what I got according to Wikipedia, sharp pains in the kidney area that resonate right down to my right nut. I hope it's just a pinched nerve or something but the dietary things that lead to it are definitely in my diet.

So, if it is in fact a stone, any advice? Or has anyone ever had the type of pains I'm describing and it wasn't a stone?

Comments

• killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I've had similar pains and it ended up being gas I think...whatever it was it subsided after a few days
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Never did but want to avoid it, any advice on ? to eat or not to eat to avoid stones?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The worst pain i ever experienced. It took 3 days for it to pass and there is no word to describe the pain when you finally ? it out
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    Never did but want to avoid it, any advice on ? to eat or not to eat to avoid stones?

Dont eat a lot of calcium enriched foods. The doctor told me to drink cranberry juice to help keep the stones from forming
  • tommy_jules
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is from Wikipedia:

Dietary factors that increase the risk of stone formation include low fluid intake, and high dietary intake of animal protein, sodium, refined sugars, oxalate, grapefruit juice, apple juice, and cola drinks.[7]
  • Jonas.dini
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Damn I drink a lot of grapefruit juice... maybe I'll switch to cranberry
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    never had it but my boy had it and said its the worstttttttt pain he ever had
  • tommy_jules
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As long as your getting enough fluids I think that's the big one.
  • tommy_jules
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The worst pain i ever experienced. It took 3 days for it to pass and there is no word to describe the pain when you finally ? it out

Did you go see a doctor or just tough it out on your own? And is there any pills or anything that can make the pain not as crazy. Also, after you ? it out, how long until the pain went away?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What you want to do is drink warm water and cranberry juice. Make sure it is the 100 percent cranberry juice and not the Hybrid juice drink stuff. The properties in CJ help dissolve the stones. But you must eliminate meat, cheeses or any animal by-product that is high in protein and other potentially uric crystal forming foods from your diet until the stone is passed.

Try it for a few days.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I just had Kidney Stones last night and I wanted to die. That was the worst pain I have ever had in my life. The doc said the pain can be more painful than childbirth or gunshot wounds. It was unbearable. It happened to me about 2 weeks ago also but bot as bad as last night. The first time I just thought it was a stomach ache.
  • Jonas.dini
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I just had Kidney Stones last night and I wanted to die. That was the worst pain I have ever had in my life. The doc said the pain can be more painful than childbirth or gunshot wounds. It was unbearable. It happened to me about 2 weeks ago also but bot as bad as last night. The first time I just thought it was a stomach ache.

What's your diet like dogg?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    bruh....this is a pain that's universally recognized as worse than child birth for women......you gonna die
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited July 2011
    Options
    can't that ? be caused from drinking to much soda.
  • Michael_Malice
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    What's your diet like dogg?

Honestly not as good as it should be. I rarely eat because I am so busy with work. I never seem to have time for breakfast and lunch so I usually just eat dinner. When I do eat I try to eat somewhat healthy, salads, turkey, chicken, fish, veggies. And not too much fried foods. Io do drink too much soda so I am stoppping that right now. I don't drink nowhere near enough water. My wife just recently got me drinking Smartwater so io keep a cold bottle in the fridge. But man I don't ever want to feel that pain again so I am about to change some ? . Doc told me I have a bunch more in my right kidney and there is no telling when they are going to come out. I am fearing any kind of pain in my stomach and going to ? .
  • Michael_Malice
    edited July 2011
    Options
    can't that ? be caused from drinking to much soda.

Yes. That's what the doctor told me. And I drink way too much of it. Bout to stop man.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Honestly not as good as it should be. I rarely eat because I am so busy with work. I never seem to have time for breakfast and lunch so I usually just eat dinner. When I do eat I try to eat somewhat healthy, salads, turkey, chicken, fish, veggies. And not too much fried foods. Io do drink too much soda so I am stoppping that right now. I don't drink nowhere near enough water. My wife just recently got me drinking Smartwater so io keep a cold bottle in the fridge. But man I don't ever want to feel that pain again so I am about to change some ? . Doc told me I have a bunch more in my right kidney and there is no telling when they are going to come out. I am fearing any kind of pain in my stomach and going to ? .

Thats brutal. I would say I'll pray for you, but this is the IC sooo...uh, yea. I'll do it anyway ...
  • Michael_Malice
    edited July 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Thats brutal. I would say I'll pray for you, but this is the IC sooo...uh, yea. I'll do it anyway ...

LOL!!! Preciate ya my dude. I tell you what though. This Hydrocodone is NICE. I guess I bettwer save this joints, lol.
  • tommy_jules
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback, even if it's scary as ? . I'm starting to think that might not be what it is but I'm waiting to hear back on the ? test. I haven't heard anything since I dropped it off on Monday, which is a good sign, they say no news is good news. I might have just aggravated a nerve while having sex or playing ball or jerking off. I dunno, it's starting to feel a better but it went away before and came back. It's been feeling better since I started drinking more water and eating more lean, maybe it's not a stone but just my kidney hurting a little bit.. I wish I just knew what it was.