MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Quite Comical
Is this true?

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    shes incredibly strong, and some of her powers are magic based, so yes, she could hurt superman.

beat him? probably not. a lot of things can hurt superman. the problem is that not a lot things can SURVIVE superman.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    she's beaten him before. It's just comics, ? like that happens from time to time. On average, Superman will win a solid majority, but Diana will make him work for each win.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    shes incredibly strong, and some of her powers are magic based, so yes, she could hurt superman.

beat him? probably not. a lot of things can hurt superman. the problem is that not a lot things can SURVIVE superman.

Indeed. Remove that chewy ethical center from Superman, and e'rybody gets got.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If a human like batman has done it a goddess like wonderwoman should be able to also
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    She almost as strong as sups and it a better hand to hand fighter... I say 8 outta ten Supes wins but Wonder Woman makes him work for it each time.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    She almost as strong as sups and it a better hand to hand fighter... I say 8 outta ten Supes wins but Wonder Woman makes him work for it each time.

i agree.....
  • davidkk
    davidkk Members Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hey maybe if she manage to seduce him and then ? him. ;))
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

a very good assessment
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LMAO at almost as strong as Super Man.

? , can that ? move planets?
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    DC's "party line" is that in terms of strength, Superman is #1, and Wonder Woman is #2.

Never mind that Wonder Woman's #2 status doesn't really hold up with guys like Captain Marvel around, and that Supergirl is probably stronger than Wonder Woman, or at least should be, but that's another discussion entirely.

She's close enough to him in strength that, coupled with her far greater fighting skills, she should be able to win a few. But, as has been pointed out, if Superman didn't play by the rules and took the brakes off, there's not much that would be able to stand up to him.
  • nujerz84
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I add suppose a scenario in both SUPES and WW were stripped of there powers and were forced to fight...Wonder Woman would body SUPES in that situation off hand/fighting skills alone imo
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Phoenix can beat Superman
    Shuma-Gorath can beat Superman
    Dr. Strange can beat Superman
  • nujerz84
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Also aint some of WW gear creted by magic from the greek gods? Wouldnt that affect Supes?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    shes a better skilled fighter than superman, supermans just stronger, faster and more durable....
  • not this again!
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Also aint some of WW gear creted by magic from the greek gods? Wouldnt that affect Supes?

IF she got the chance to use it against him.

But in a scenario with Supes going full throttle against her and out to ? her, she shouldn't get that chance.
  • Copper
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I add suppose a scenario in both SUPES and WW were stripped of there powers and were forced to fight...Wonder Woman would body SUPES in that situation off hand/fighting skills alone imo

damn near everyone would ? superman in that situation...even nightwing
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Is not Wonder a Demigod?
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    Is not Wonder a Demigod?

I don't know. I guess kinda, but wasn't she created and not born?
  • not this again!
    edited July 2011
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    Is not Wonder a Demigod?

No. There was a story arc a few years back where the Olympians made her the goddess of truth, but she's long since been stripped of that power and status.

She's a big step above other Amazons, but she's not a demigod.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Superman once died so yea anything s possible
  • Copper
    edited July 2011
    Options
    jim lee is the best...
    superman31-mbailey.jpg
  • mikeak
    mikeak Members Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Of course wonder can whoop superman. She is equipped with tools from the gods and is a goddess herself. As a princess warrior born and trained to battle then yes. She has her weapons to do more harm to supes such as her tiarra, lasso, zeus lightening bolts, shield and sword as does supes has what...the sun and laser vision. What she has can do more harm to supes then he to her. She killed maxwell lord to save supes. It was her who held back. She could have easily decapacited but instead subdued him by cutting his throat. Is that all you got supes?
  • mikeak
    mikeak Members Posts: 2
    Options
    Ww is a goddess with weapons of the gods to do more harm to supes then supes can do to her. She was born a princess warrior equipped with lasso shield zeus bolts sword and shield. He's got what...the sun for his strength speed and laser vision. It was her who held back on supes trying to salvage supes by killing max lord. She could've easily decapacitated supes but instead subdued him by slicing his throat. Is that all you got supes?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I remember a comic where Superman asked Batman who would win in a fight between him and WW. Batman told Supes that WW would body him. Supes replied yeah but I'm faster than her. Batman and this is EXACTLY why dude is the GOAT replies "Who'd win in a fight Usain Bolt or Bruce Lee??"
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ultimately, no she can't. Let's not forget that it's built into Superman's character that he hold's back and typically fights at around half power. If Superman ever fought her seriously, she'd have about as much chance as a bag of Wonder Bread.