I TOOOOLD y'all ni99as JJ was gonna be a problem.

Options
fabionbackbitch
fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
JJ Reddick could easily have a Reggie Miller type career. He was just never developed properly. Dude is obviously more athletic now than when he got out, he's bigger and quicker. and his stroke(no ? ) has always been wet(no ATL).

Comments

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hahah, he could easily have a HOF type of career? You make it sound simple as ? .
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the NBA has also gotten bigger and quicker, so just bein a guy with a great jumpshot doesnt turn you into a star....JJ never made more than 2 layups in a game b, that ? lives or dies behind that 3pt line

and 1 good game doesnt equal him bein a problem
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    We need a mod in cheapseats threads like this should deleted on sight.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    theres a lot of truth in this thread. jj's all around game has improved greatly since his rookie year. hes no longer just a 3 point shooter and his defense is underrated
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not strong enough, can't defend, can't dribble for ? ,etc. He is Tim Legler, Steve Kerr,etc, a spot up guy who can't create his own shot.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Not strong enough, can't defend, can't dribble for ? ,etc. He is Tim Legler, Steve Kerr,etc, a spot up guy who can't create his own shot.

hey take that back. Steve Kerr was straight up cold from the arc. If Jordan trust you with the rock then that's the ultimate cosign.
  • Ant4523
    Ant4523 Members Posts: 805
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It was one game........this fool has just been dyin to write this thread just waitin on that twenty point game and look......3 year's later it finally happened! Reddick is dumpster juice always has been always will......
  • one_manshow
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    theres a lot of truth in this thread. jj's all around game has improved greatly since his rookie year. hes no longer just a 3 point shooter and his defense is underrated

^Orlando Magic fan post

Did you say defense?

nope-1.gif
  • Dick Shitman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^Orlando Magic fan post

Did you say defense?

nope-1.gif

watch the orlando-boston series from last year and youll see the defense he put on ray allen. they also showed some numbers in the finals and kobes numbers were lower when being guarded by jj

hence, his defense is underrated
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options

i agree, he has improved....but he still cant create a shot for himself, and he never attacks the basket.....he is a "system" player, he'd survive with Orlando, Phoenix, New York, or Golden State....not many other teams though

and yea, he actually is a pretty good perimeter defender....u cant really play for Duke without puttin forth defensive effort
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ask Ray Allen if JJ has D and yea he has come a long way but comments like the first one shouldnt be made. He has also became a good passer and is probably one of the more smarter players in the game
  • one_manshow
    edited March 2010
    Options
    watch the orlando-boston series from last year and youll see the defense he put on ray allen. they also showed some numbers in the finals and kobes numbers were lower when being guarded by jj

hence, his defense is underrated

How about getting dusted off by D-League players like Garrett Temple or Keith Bogans dropping 12 points on you?

His defense from a transition aspect (from college to the NBA) has improved since he played no defense at all Duke but lets be real Barnes and Pietrus would be a better option on guarding big name players in today's game not J.J
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he can shoot real goood
  • Dick Shitman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How about getting dusted off by D-League players like Garrett Temple or Keith Bogans dropping 12 points on you?

His defense from a transition aspect (from college to the NBA) has improved since he played no defense at all Duke but lets be real Barnes and Pietrus would be a better option on guarding big name players in today's game not J.J

everybody gets scored on, but him holding ray to 34% shooting over a 7 game series>>>giving up some points to bogans

@ the bolded, thats a fact. theres no arguing that, but last year our best perimeter defenders were courtney lee and pietrus. kobe ate them alive, especially in game one. SVG put jj on him and it was surprisingly effective. what he lacks in athleticism, he makes up for in technique

hes not making any all defense teams in his career but hes made a 180 in his D from his rookie year to now. he's a solid defender and thats something nobody counted on from him
  • Dick Shitman
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the NBA has also gotten bigger and quicker, so just bein a guy with a great jumpshot doesnt turn you into a star....JJ never made more than 2 layups in a game b, that ? lives or dies behind that 3pt line

and 1 good game doesnt equal him bein a problem

close thread
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Gibson and Kaponos shot >>>>>>>> JJ's
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

truf.com...jj will be a starter or sixth mane of da year in da future...
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I gotta come back to laugh.
    Since when did a 23 8 and 7 game equate to being a Problem in the league haha.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    one game?
    lmao

1241737018742s.jpg
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he's nothing but a white Dell Curry
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i can not in good faith cheer a duke player on
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Then why is he rated ? 56 on 2k10????? Weakest ? on the team...I get mad everytime they sub out Vince....
  • Dick Shitman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Then why is he rated ? 56 on 2k10????? Weakest ? on the team...I get mad everytime they sub out Vince....

lmao, a 56? my man aint no all star but a 56 is blatant disrespect