So i switched from 360 to PS3......

BiGG_DuBB 760
BiGG_DuBB 760 Members Posts: 74
edited March 2010 in IllGaming
And so far im not too happy bout it...

Online Gaming is laggy
You cant even listen to music while playing!!!
Was Playin Bball 2k10 couldnt find a team up game
NHL 2k10 is super slow

dont know if i made a good decision on this one

Comments

• renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited March 2010
    you made the right decision end of story

if you still got the 360 i dont see what the problem is just play your sports games on there and use the ps3 for the superior exclusives...i will admit i dont think i have EVER had a good experience online in nba 2k10 either it lags(dont know if the person usin a lagswitch or not cuz it only happens after im up 15+) or i cant find a match..

cop a blu ray....cop gow 3...and then rethink what you just said
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    And so far im not too happy bout it...

Online Gaming is laggy
    You cant even listen to music while playing!!!
    Was Playin Bball 2k10 couldnt find a team up game
    NHL 2k10 is super slow

dont know if i made a good decision on this one

Play ppl with better connection
    Listen to music on your ipod
    And seems like you bought games you could've bought for 360, should've copped 2 exclusives for that much
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Why switch? Why not have both systems?

You will find lag on both systems, might not be your fault, but whoever is hosting the game.

Pick up GOW3 and U2 and you will appreciate the "switch"
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    My PS3 is hooked up to my stereo for sound, when I want music I just put on my music and play the game. That's not my problem. Either is lag really, most of the time it's a few people who have a bad connection or the host itself. I have lag like once a week, sometimes once every 2 weeks.
  • joshuaboy
    edited March 2010
    Thats the reason I haven't been playing online much recently. Bad connection. Think my neighbour's palm tree is blocking my signal.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    so sell it back and go back to your 360. damn ? . do you make threads asking what to eat for breakfast too?

i dont play basketball or hockey games so i dont know if those games are laggy or not. Ive usually found little to no lag when I play MW2, Madde, Ucharted 2, and random online games.

Not all games have music u can play from the hard drive, this is true. but ive found out that most that dont have great music to begin with, so theres no need for it. why you wanna hear wacka flocka when whooping ass as Kratos anyway?
  • vagrant-718
    edited March 2010
    so sell it back and go back to your 360. damn ? . do you make threads asking what to eat for breakfast too?

i dont play basketball or hockey games so i dont know if those games are laggy or not. Ive usually found little to no lag when I play MW2, Madde, Ucharted 2, and random online games.

Not all games have music u can play from the hard drive, this is true. but ive found out that most that dont have great music to begin with, so theres no need for it. why you wanna hear wacka flocka when whooping ass as Kratos anyway?

Pretty much, I only use custom soundtracks for racing games and that's it. Other genres, the in game soundtrack is good enuf
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    go back to your econmy console then...

ps3's aint for the faint hearted
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    you shoulda just kept the 360 and had both.

both machines have their good points and ass points. Somebody must've talked you into that ? .

If you switched to PS3 and are just playing some ? that you can get on either though that's dumb. The exclusives are what's gonna justify the PS3 purchase.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    lol @ you buyin a PS3 and buying the same games you have for 360......how about you buy some exclusives.....and with my ? connection I don't experiance much lag
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Its your internet connection if its lagging, NHL 2K 10 is wack as ? shoulda bought NHL 10

NBA 2K 10 servers are known to be iffy they work 1 day then ? up the next
  • BiGG_DuBB 760
    edited March 2010
    Had to get rid of the 360 for some financial stuff real quick..
    My boys been choppin me up about how hard the 3 is so when i got back on my feet i copped one..
    And i meant NHL 10 not 2k....

What are some of the exclusives besides GOW and UnChanted?
    I mainly like to play on line. i rarely play any one player story mode lately
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Damn you ? on Sony's pay roll????
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    I just got a PS3 yesterday but I also had my Xbox for almost like 3 yrs the reason I figure I would get a PS3 b/c I wanted to play some the PS3 exclusives like GoWIII, Uncharted 2, and Heavy Rain looks good Also I have gotten a little tired of playing the 360 though. I'm just trying to figure out a list of games I should get (suggestions are welcomed)
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    btw i have both
  • joshuaboy
    edited March 2010
    I just got a PS3 yesterday but I also had my Xbox for almost like 3 yrs the reason I figure I would get a PS3 b/c I wanted to play some the PS3 exclusives like GoWIII, Uncharted 2, and Heavy Rain looks good Also I have gotten a little tired of playing the 360 though. I'm just trying to figure out a list of games I should get (suggestions are welcomed)

Depends on what genres you're into.

Since you already said you getting Uncharted 2, then get Uncharted 1 and play that first. If you haven't played the first two GOW titles, then pick up the collection first so you can follow the story or you will be lost. Other good stuff are Killzone 2, MGS4, Demon Souls (RPG - very hard), Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (not the first MS), Resistance, Resistance 2 (though not as good as the first one, but has huge MP battles), Ratchet & Clank, Infamous and LBP (if you're into that)
  • willhustle
    edited March 2010
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Depends on what genres you're into.

Since you already said you getting Uncharted 2, then get Uncharted 1 and play that first. If you haven't played the first two GOW titles, then pick up the collection first so you can follow the story or you will be lost. Other good stuff are Killzone 2, MGS4, Demon Souls (RPG - very hard), Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (not the first MS), Resistance, Resistance 2 (though not as good as the first one, but has huge MP battles), Ratchet & Clank, Infamous and LBP (if you're into that)

I probably going to get MGS4, GOWIII, along w/the GOW collection, and I probably will end up getting Red Dead Redemption when it comes out in May.
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    you lost for switching bro lol
  • willhustle
    edited March 2010
    you lost for switching bro lol

Nah I ain't trying to switch systems. I'm a still keep my 360 I bought the PS3 for the exclusives
  • BiGG_DuBB 760
    edited March 2010
    which games actually playin in 1080P?
  • vagrant-718
    edited March 2010
    which games actually playin in 1080P?

Some psn game like flow and wipeout hd

Most retail games are 720p or sub hd and then upscaled to 720