YEP I DID IT !! Locs/dreadloc appreciation THREAD!!!

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Outside of trying to keep them out my eyes, I gotta say I'm feeling my length.

byydvwewsy33.jpg

@chicity how long you been growing yours?
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout 3 1/2 yrs
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    This is six months after first twist

trkm9qns39qx.jpg

This is my first twist kblqf7h31f9b.jpg
    Other angle from first twist
    8eljllvva8nv.jpg

Dope! I thought of getting dreads but I think I'm just going to stay natural.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    This is six months after first twist

trkm9qns39qx.jpg

This is my first twist kblqf7h31f9b.jpg
    Other angle from first twist
    8eljllvva8nv.jpg

Dope! I thought of getting dreads but I think I'm just going to stay natural.

Appreciate it, honestly I hear so many sisters saying this,but you can do anything with dreads that you can do with straight hair from curling, to braiding ,to dying , and you can switch it up everyday if you nice like that but I definitely respect the natural styles...to each their own
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got my hair twisted Monday after like 8 months of not getting it done. I've just wore it back washed and oiled I figured I would get tired of it and just cut it that's the longest I've went without maintenance. I was super close to cutting it but I broke dine and got it done.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Locks are hard to maintain. I just started washing my locks with water filtered by De-Nitrate rocks. It feels 100% better and dries quicker than normal.
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? happens wrote: »
    Got my hair twisted Monday after like 8 months of not getting it done. I've just wore it back washed and oiled I figured I would get tired of it and just cut it that's the longest I've went without maintenance. I was super close to cutting it but I broke dine and got it done.

Who does your maintenance
  • shit happens
    edited February 2017
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    Locks are hard to maintain. I just started washing my locks with water filtered by De-Nitrate rocks. It feels 100% better and dries quicker than normal.

I've had em for seven years it's just I don't have the patience to sit there and get it done anymore.
    OhMars wrote: »
    ? happens wrote: »

Who does your maintenance

Lady at the shop. lol she let me have it smh new growth was lightweight kickin my ass
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    Must have been the week of retwist for us all

Got a ACV rinse, wash, twist and braided on Saturday and Sunday
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    @Bookworm, drop ya locs and stop playing
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    65vbm7hxin1l.jpg
    Then thangs startin to swang....

I feel like I'm on the brink of passing that rough stage...about 2 more retwist and I'm good
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    OUR HAIR when it is four inches or more strikes fear and hate within some of our own race and by many others. If you want it to or not. Just grow it four inches and see how much ? you'll hear (probably not as much as four years ago, but people will still talk).

Our hair naturally twists and locks so really it's just what blacks since Egyptian pyramid painting days have done.
    I like a fade, nice and simple but when I get bored I grow it and have someone two strand twist it.
    I have two-strand twists now, laid back. Sometimes I wear my fro and use that sponge brush to twist it a little bit for that Lenny KRavitz look.

I remember when I was rocking my twists 4 years ago everyone black and white was talking about me. So after they said their ? I flat twisted my hair (which gives a cornrow look) and kept it twisted every month. Now everyone's rocking them and all those that were ? back then doesn't say ? to me and my hair now.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With all that said. You gotta take care of that hair the more you grow it. It's not a pass to not style it and pay for it to get done just bc ur growing it. Keep that head lined up and twists neat and sides brushed!!!!!!! Please.
    Don't rock the half perm, half natural,half burned by a hot comb, half relaxed and think the rest of everyone is fooled when you go saying you have some other ethnicity in you that makes it that way. No. Go natural, completely natural or stay with that relaxer
  • shit happens
    Options
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Joining free form gang, anybody else started with manicured locs and just stopped retwisting. How did it go. I'm 2 years in btw.
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    Yo fellas when do y'all get y'all line up??

If you get a line up....do you get it before you get your hair re-twisted or after the fresh retweist????
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    I need answers!
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^Lol...I use to get line ups when I first started growing and it was after the re-twist. I don't anymore and haven't had one in three years
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Line up after always. Assures you get all the strays that your stylist couldnt get
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    Nah b, my ? natural all around

Plus I can’t lose no more from my forehead, styles are already pulling my ? back
  • shit happens
    Options
    Chi Snow wrote: »
    Nah b, my ? natural all around

Plus I can’t lose no more from my forehead, styles are already pulling my ? back

Damn g you on stevie status no huh

SoggyGleamingApatosaur.gif