Rest days.....

Knives Amilli
Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Weight Room
How important do you think they are? Do you have rest days? Do you do nothing on rest days or cardio? And if rest days are part of your workout, do you skip them sometimes if your up to it/not sore?

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I go 5 days a week sore or not and try to get "active rest" on weekends. Do ? that's physically active but not straining. When I wasn't training I would take a day off or two here and there but now I'm on some no rest for the wicked ? .
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I rest on Sundays and eat anything i want... then i get it in after that for 6 days
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I'm actually trying to cut back from five to six days a week working out to four. I just won't have time to work out every day.

I used to take a rest day on food too, like pigging out once a week, but now I'm off that tho, at least for the moment.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    they help me, I have better wokrouts. One im more rested two I feel like I cheated my self so I work out harder as well.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I'm a big supporter of high frequency training if u are just trying to maintain muscle mass or on a cut. When I'm bulking I usually work out 3-4 days a week hitting each body part twice. When I lift very heavy I tend to need more rest days to recover.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Sunday, would usually be my recovery day, being that I go all out monday thru sat.
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited July 2011
    You gotta listen to your body. Be consistent with your work outs but rest when you feel burn out.