Sources: McNabb may be Raider

Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
The Oakland Raiders have emerged as the leading candidate to land quarterback Donovan McNabb in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles, league sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

McNabb

The sources say all the ingredients for a trade are in place. Of all the teams the Eagles have spoken with, the Raiders have been the most willing to meet the Eagles' asking price. Last week, The Associated Press reported that the Eagles want a pick in the top 42 of the 2010 draft for McNabb. Oakland has a second-round pick that is the 39th overall selection.

Also, the sources say McNabb's contract, which has one year and $11.2 million left on it, has scared off other teams. But, the sources say, Oakland is not concerned that McNabb is due a $6.2 million roster bonus on May 5 nor that the quarterback is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2010 season.

There also are connections between the Raiders and McNabb. Raiders owner Al Davis and McNabb each went to Syracuse, and Oakland's new offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson, is a distant cousin of McNabb's.

Should Oakland trade for McNabb, it would be the most stark admission by the Raiders that former No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell has not been the player the team had hoped. Oakland selected Russell with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft and awarded him a six-year, $68 million contract that included $31.5 million in guaranteed money.

One source familiar with trade discussions said no deal was done with Oakland. But other league sources predicted it soon would be done in a trade that would be the NFL's biggest offseason move.

And although McNabb has informed coach Andy Reid that he wants to stay with the Eagles and, if he has to be traded, would prefer to go to a winning team such as the Minnesota Vikings, the sources say the Eagles will do what they believe is best for team even if it means trading McNabb to the Raiders, a team with a recent history of losing.

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Ether, i would threaten them with retirement than play for the Raiders. Philly has no respect for Mcnabb
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    if they do trade him to Oakland, he more than likely wont resign so Oakland shouldnt make the deal
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    aint enough fabric in oakland to make jerseys for mcnabb and jamarcus
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Ether, i would threaten them with retirement than play for the Raiders. Philly has no respect for Mcnabb

lol that'd be a bad move....look what happened when the Broncos traded Jake Plummer to Tampa, he retired...and stood retired, McNabb wants a ring to much to be that stupid

but maybe they can actually be a good offense next year...they got a few RB's (Fargas, Michael Bush, McFadden) they got those 2 young recievers...who knows, McNabb might show his greatness with this mediocre team like hes done throughout his whole career...but i still think its a bad move for the raiders
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010

Word and this is coming from a Cowboy fan.. they never had respect for Mcnabb the best QB imo standing right there with Manning.
  • Ant4523
    Ant4523 Members Posts: 805
    edited March 2010
    That fool should just retire ? them Raiders. You basically retired if you go play for them. True weak sauce....
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    lol that'd be a bad move....look what happened when the Broncos traded Jake Plummer to Tampa, he retired...and stood retired, McNabb wants a ring to much to be that stupid

but maybe they can actually be a good offense next year...they got a few RB's (Fargas, Michael Bush, McFadden) they got those 2 young recievers...who knows, McNabb might show his greatness with this mediocre team like hes done throughout his whole career...but i still think its a bad move for the raiders

The Raiders O-Line is trash though!
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Retire McNabb don't go out as a Raider. Eagles come on now.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    lol but these same Raiders beat McNabb and the eagles this past season im just sayin lmao
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    if they do trade him to Oakland, he more than likely wont resign so Oakland shouldnt make the deal

franchise tag bruh..they will do it they did it to seymour
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    The Raiders O-Line is trash though!

yeah o line is trash i think they gona draft a lt in the first round...
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Mcnabb ? hearing this ? right now
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    was jus bout to post this

mcnabb got big dreams thinkin the eagles gonna trade him to a contender. especially an NFC contender

they already played the raiders last year so they wont be seeing the raiders for atleast another 3 years

mcnabb better learn about AFC team defenses cuz no way he get traded to an NFC team like the cardinals or Vikes
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    McNabb can come to Oakland and finally get appreciated. I personally would rather roll with gradkowski and keep whatever we're tradin mcnabb for.
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    Mcnabb ? hearing this ? right now

lol yeah hes mad but if he do get traded he will turn his story around like ow well its a honor to be a raider n ? lol
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    McNabb can come to Oakland and finally get appreciated. I personally would rather roll with gradkowski and keep whatever we're tradin mcnabb for.

yeah when gradkowski was in the game the team just played way better....offense lookd like a different group...
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    lol but these same Raiders beat McNabb and the eagles this past season im just sayin lmao

Yeah you right but we talking about the Raiders man
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    McNabb ain't retiring, I'll tell you that
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    smh @ my eagles...? is disgusting

but it might actually work out for him..the raiders run the ball enough to help him out. depending on the development of the receivers, they might not be too bad.
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    traestar wrote: »
    McNabb ain't retiring, I'll tell you that

yeah i dont see him retiring
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    The Oakland fan base is CRAZY. He would actually be loved here. And the Raider may even be decent if they had good QB play. We havent seen them play with a decent QB yet. If I was him I'd just give it a shot. Aint like he winning a ring in Philly anyway. Nor will their next QB.
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    The Oakland fan base is CRAZY. He would actually be loved here. And the Raider may even be decent if they had good QB play. We havent seen them play with a decent QB yet. If I was him I'd just give it a shot. Aint like he winning a ring in Philly anyway. Nor will their next QB.

yeah if he got them to the playoffs dude would be praised...lol ima raider fan..i hope this happens...idk about trading nhamdi tho
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Max-b wrote: »
    yeah if he got them to the playoffs dude would be praised...lol ima raider fan..i hope this happens...idk about trading nhamdi tho

Im a Charger fan. I want Asomwa the ? out of the AFC period...just knowing he's in the division scares me shitless.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Max-b wrote: »

No way in hell that happens. Besides, Nhamdi prolly don't wanna go anywhere else b/c he knows Al gone bust down that check come contract time.
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    MallyG wrote: »
    No way in hell that happens. Besides, Nhamdi prolly don't wanna go anywhere else b/c he knows Al gone bust down that check come contract time.

never say never..lol...if he does get traded raiders offense is upgraded....to much talk for them not to trade him..he knows hes not the qb of the future