Most underrated/most overrated luxury car brands

Options

Comments

• im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hummer's are horribly overrated. I've owned 11 Cadillacs and I gotta say the 2002's and above are super overrated. The quality has turned to ? and the part prices are ridiculous. I had to get a part replaced on mine about 3 months ago which cost me 340$ to buy at a parts store that would've cost me 65 to 80$ in a honda.

Cadillacs are great looking cars, ride great and all but the mechanical issues on those cars these days are just ridiculous. I'll never buy another one.
  • oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    Hummer's are horribly overrated. I've owned 11 Cadillacs and I gotta say the 2002's and above are super overrated. The quality has turned to ? and the part prices are ridiculous. I had to get a part replaced on mine about 3 months ago which cost me 340$ to buy at a parts store that would've cost me 65 to 80$ in a honda.

Cadillacs are great looking cars, ride great and all but the mechanical issues on those cars these days are just ridiculous. I'll never buy another one.

they're no longer American owned nor American made anymore go figure

when they were still American made yeah they were gas guzzlers but they ride great, good handling,etc.

I'm biased about Caddies since my pops used to have a '83' Grey Coupe De Ville
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    audis are mad underrated i love them ?
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    audis are mad underrated i love them ?

Yeah, them Audis hit hard like hell.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    oldhead77 wrote: »

when they were still American made yeah they were gas guzzlers but they ride great, good handling,etc.

Damn, really? Who owns Cadillac now?
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    First car was a Lex, next car will be a Toyota, car after that will be a Lex.

I love Lexuses. They're understated, reliable, and have all the amenities you'll find in any other luxury vehicle.
  • im_lux
    edited July 2011
    Options
    oldhead77 wrote: »

GM still owns Cadillac so it's still an American owned brand. There are GM plants/factories all over the world if thats what you mean by no longer American made then you've hit the nail on the head in a sense. But if GM sold out that would mean Chevy is no longer American made either.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How do y'all feel about Mercedes-Benz?
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah, them Audis hit hard like hell.

? you aint never lied. i want one but insurance will be a ? . and those bmw's. sheeeeiiiit ? i want an 8 on the dot so bad
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? you aint never lied. i want one but insurance will be a ? . and those bmw's. sheeeeiiiit ? i want an 8 on the dot so bad

You want to talk about insurance: if you get a BMW, the insurance on that would be crazy!
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I heard a 18 year old today is averaging 250 a month for insurance. this true??
  • im_lux
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You want to talk about insurance: if you get a BMW, the insurance on that would be crazy!

Lol if you're young under 25 that ? will murder you.
  • im_lux
    edited July 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »

Probably for full coverage. But one of my brothers is 19 he's only paying 109 for liability and he's got tickets.
  • oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    GM still owns Cadillac so it's still an American owned brand. There are GM plants/factories all over the world if thats what you mean by no longer American made then you've hit the nail on the head in a sense. But if GM sold out that would mean Chevy is no longer American made either.

that's what I meant they're not American made anymore
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Lol if you're young under 25 that ? will murder you.

lol I can imagine. I'm exactly 25 and still won't get a BMW. LOL
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    ya'll ? is sleeping on Hyundai too.

Honda and Toyota don ? around and let them become some legit competition...

Yeah, Hyundais are very nice. That Hyundai Equus is slick, but I wouldn't pay no $58,000 for a Hyundai. lol
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »

Last year when I was 18 and driving (1979 pontiac bonneville) I paid 150 a month for basic state minimum liability...eventually I switched to Progressive through AAA and paid 105..i couldnt imagine 250 tho that's a ?
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? luxury cars the lease ran up on my benz last yr and I said ? it and just got that 2010
    camaro waiting for parts is a ? and they over priced.

and all luxury cars do is attract stuck up dime chicks who dont know how to ? or suck.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? luxury cars the lease ran up on my benz last yr and I said ? it and just got that 2010
    camaro waiting for parts is a ? and they over priced.

and all luxury cars do is attract stuck up dime chicks who dont know how to ? or suck.

Don't sleep on Mercury and Buick.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    when was the last time you got in a new hyundai? serious question. when was the last time you drove one?

dog im telling you, with hyundai you get what you pay for and more.

i'll certainly pay 58,000 for a hyundai.
    you know why? cause aint NOBODY ? WITH A 10 YEARS 100,000 MILE WARRANTY

that right there is them ? saying "We stand by our product" "we want you to have our cars forever"

Never been in a Hyundai...I don't think. lol I didn't know about that 10-year 100,000 mile warranty, though. I will have to change my mind now...only if I could afford a car that much. That's a hell of a warranty!
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? are calling Hyundais, Toyotas, Volvos ? luxury cars? Lmao.

European cars are the only cars worth going for.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    ? are calling Hyundais, Toyotas, Volvos ? luxury cars? Lmao.

European cars are the only cars worth going for.

They're not luxury car brands like Cadillac, BMW, etc, but they have luxury cars in their line-up(at least Hyundai and Toyota does). I should've named the thread "Most underrated car brands/most overrated car brands". LOL

Edit: I just edited the thread title.