Bronze Nazareth's Sophomore LP 'School for the Blindman' Dropping September 13th 2011

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Essence
Might as well make the thread now considering the street team's promoting it (and not reading the rules). I keep a strict guideline in The Essence, so even if Jay Electronica's street team pulls through, the thread's getting deleted. Otherwise, everyone else has a reason to complain. I always say if there's a fan, the thread will be made.

So as I'm a fan and I know that posters in that thread were hyped also, here's a thread for us all.

From the Street Team:
"With production handled almost entirely by Bronze himself, School For The Blindman is a necessity for any Wu-Tang fan, with guest appearances from RZA, Masta Killa, Canibus, Killah Preist, Willie The Kid, and The Wisemen."

"Thought of as Detroit’s counterpart to Wu-Tang Clan leader RZA, Bronze has moved beyond the boundaries of a producer and proven himself as a lyricist through his performances on The Great Migration (2006), Wisemen Approaching (2007) and Children Of A Lesser ? (2010). Heralded as a super-producer for his work on Wu-Tang Meets The Indie Culture, Vol. 1, Bronze has remained integral to the Clan’s sound for the past decade. With appearances on seminal Wu-Tang Clan projects ranging from RZA’s Birth Of A Prince to Raekwon’s Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, Bronze has established himself as a purveyor of the gritty sound that defines the Clan’s sound. Don’t be fooled; despite studying under the tutelage of RZA, Bronze’s style is all his own, with rhymes to match. “If anyone's going to be the figurehead for the sprawling second and third waves of Wu-Tang Clan affiliates” writes Daniel Levin Becker of Dusted Magazine, “it might as well be Detroit's Bronze Nazareth.”

What do you think of Bronze Nazareth? Whats your favorite song?

To answer the street teams answers, Bronze Nazareth is dope and my favourite track from him by far is:

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    didnt know he was from detroit thats dope. I got his first album first migration its pretty good.
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    didnt know he was from detroit thats dope. I got his first album first migration its pretty good.

Better than that, IMO. He was huge back in 2005 too, here's the first leak from the album; just leaked:
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Dude had one post but i liked th Bronze Nazareths street team more than the Weezy street team over on The Reason :p

Bronze is dope though i haven't listened to all of the great migration need to find a stream youtubing all of the tracks too much time.
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    Dude had one post but i liked th Bronze Nazareths street team more than the Weezy street team over on The Reason :p

Bronze is dope though i haven't listened to all of the great migration need to find a stream youtubing all of the tracks too much time.

haha I'm with you there, but street team is street team and rules apply… I actually liked the fact he dropped that as I'd forgotten that a sophomore release was planned as I think it's been put back that many times…

Great Migration was well up there with people's favourite albums of 2005 in The Essence. Nice artist, definitely going to check for this release.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Bronze is the only one from The Killa Bee's that brings that Wu-ness, I got all his Wise Men joints but every time i go to the record store i keep forgetting to pick up The Great Migration Album, lol...... I see why RZA gave him a spot in the Wu-Elements his skills on the boards was never in question but his skills on the mic is truly underrated, I need to go cop Civilringz too
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Bronze is the only one from The Killa Bee's that brings that Wu-ness, I got all his Wise Men joints but every time i go to the record store i keep forgetting to pick up The Great Migration Album, lol...... I see why RZA gave him a spot in the Wu-Elements his skills on the boards was never in question but his skills on the mic is truly underrated, I need to go cop Civilringz too

Check out The Great Migration next time, serious album there… really enjoyed it.

I haven't checked out Civilringz either, his albums are instrumentals no???
  • Kraky
    Kraky Members Posts: 9
    edited July 2011
    Options
    cant see your video any longer :( dont know if its the same but i found this one on youtube...

songs dope! cant wait for the album to drop. hopefully they like Bronze nazareth in amsterdam cuz thats where ill be september 13th when the album finally comes out.
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ^^ Thanks for the re-post :tu Should be a good release, looking forward to it, no doubt!