what system is better....360 or ps3?

Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in IllGaming
im thinking of getn a ps3..i know im late...i just didnt play games as much....

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    depends on what type of games you're into
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    depends on what type of games you're into

well i play sports n shooting games..my brother had a 360 but he moved out.. i didnt like how the 360 controllers the batteries run out quick....and he had the red ring of death,,he eventually got it fixed tho...

also is there a major thing between 60 and 120 gb?? i know more memory..
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Max-b wrote: »
    well i play sports n shooting games..my brother had a 360 but he moved out.. i didnt like how the 360 controllers the batteries run out quick....and he had the red ring of death,,he eventually got it fixed tho...

also is there a major thing between 60 and 120 gb?? i know more memory..

If you talking ps3 then the 60g are backward compatible with psone and ps2 games. the 120g is backward compatible w/ psone games only. Also the 60g seems to be more susceptible to the ylod (yellow light of death) and on top of that harder to find since they're no longer sold in stores.

If you into sports and shooters then either will do
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    If you talking ps3 then the 60g are backward compatible with psone and ps2 games. the 120g is backward compatible w/ psone games only. Also the 60g seems to be more susceptible to the ylod (yellow light of death) and on top of that harder to find since they're no longer sold in stores.

If you into sports and shooters then either will do

damn..ok...i think they might have a 60 g at a local game stop...n they selln 120 g at target...what they selln for now like 250??.....
  • vagrant-718
    edited March 2010
    damn..ok...i think they might have a 60 g at a local game stop...n they selln 120 g at target...what they selln for now like 250??.....

Well if you can find one, that's good since ps3 supposely have a shortage
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    Well if you can find one, that's good since ps3 supposely have a shortage

ok ill prolly cop a 360 than...are the arcade 360 n the black one iis there really a difference between the 2?
  • vagrant-718
    edited March 2010
    ok ill prolly cop a 360 than...are the arcade 360 n the black one iis there really a difference between the 2?

Black ones comes w/ a hdd while arcade does not. You can probably google to find out more
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    Black ones comes w/ a hdd while arcade does not. You can probably google to find out more

ok thanks,,,,,
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    if u like playin online get a xbox
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    ps3 is way better 360 has way to many problems with it. since 2006 i've had a total of 3 xbox 360's and they a had the same problem the 3 flashing red light of death. So if were u i would pick up that ps3.

Note:get a ps3 that has more gb's to it. it'll help u out in the long run
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    i havent heard anybody get the red rings in over a yr now
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Lets just compare them side by side

Blue Ray - PS3 included - Xbox none
    Online gaming - PS3 free- Xbox $50 for a year
    Charge controllers - PS3 charged through system- Xbox requires batteries
    Wireless router - PS3 included - Xbox $100
    Internet Browser - PS3 included - Xbox nope

Oh and i have both systems.

Getwitcha
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010

Blue Ray - PS3 included - Xbox none- who the ? buys movies in 2010
    Online gaming - PS3 free- Xbox $50 for a year- far superior online community if u think different ur in denial
    Charge controllers - PS3 charged through system- Xbox requires batteries-true but u can get play in charge kits or like me use wired ( I prefer it)
    Wireless router - PS3 included - Xbox $100-true
    Internet Browser - PS3 included - Xbox nope- niggas really use they systems to browse the web up grade ya PC fam custom builds only.

Getwitcha
    I own all systems and i built a gaming rig so whats ya point? Bottom line is PS3 does have some nice exclusives but online which is why most of us play is far better on Xbox. ? actually use mics lol. SMH @me playing MAG in utter silence. felt like I was playing with bots.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    i'd get on the mic and play with you blazin ;)
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Simple: if you have to choose one, then look at the exclusives of both systems and go with what you prefer.

PS3 has advantage because it uses BluRay tech so, not only you get a BluRay player, they are able to store more on one BluRay disc than switching between discs. Also, the built in wifi and Bluetooth tech for controllers and other accessories.

360 has larger online community and other online features such as party chat etc.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    blazini wrote: »
    but online which is why most of us play is far better on Xbox..

opinion. not everyone's favorite genre is shooters or sport games.

and who buys movies? lots of people. blu ray is picking up faster than DVD did.
  • John_Blazini
    edited March 2010
    junegemini wrote: »
    i'd get on the mic and play with you blazin ;)
    u want to play with my mic im a hop skip and a jump away
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    360 by far free games ftw
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    I buy movies in 2010....I'd rather have a nice movie collection than a bunch of bootleg dvds scattered all over the basement in a lil white envolopes.......
  • vagrant-718
    edited March 2010
    blazini wrote: »
    I own all systems and i built a gaming rig so whats ya point? Bottom line is PS3 does have some nice exclusives but online which is why most of us play is far better on Xbox. ? actually use mics lol. SMH @me playing MAG in utter silence. felt like I was playing with bots.

I have a mic but i only use it when i'm playing with someone i know or when its needed. I don't need to hear pointless chatter or bunch of kids screaming
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    PS3. Buy a Wii before you get a Shitbox360.
  • John_Blazini
    edited March 2010
    I buy movies in 2010....I'd rather have a nice movie collection than a bunch of bootleg dvds scattered all over the basement in a lil white envolopes.......
    DVD's dah ? ? streaming FTW who has time to burn movies.
  • Max.
    edited March 2010
    lol thanks for the advice
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited March 2010
    All 360 homers have to defend their system is how many people online are playing with mics? My how the tables have turned. Even the Wii has better exclusives than 360 now. PS3 FTW!
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010

Blue Ray - PS3 included - Xbox none
    Online gaming - PS3 free- Xbox $50 for a year
    Charge controllers - PS3 charged through system- Xbox requires batteries
    Wireless router - PS3 included - Xbox $100
    Internet Browser - PS3 included - Xbox nope

Getwitcha

- blu ray is only an advantage if u buy blu rays, if u donwload BRrips or BDrips (HD basically) they play on both 360 and ps3...personally i dont buy dvds or blu rays, i download n then stream all my ? ...

- free online is def an advantage imo, i'll never ever pay to play online, ? is dumb..its 2010.

- damn...they still using batteries over there at microsoft ?...what about wireless ?...bluetooth is def an advantage ...again...its 2010

- lol...im actually shocked at this...no wireless router support ?...i think u might actually be wrong....do u mean wifi built in ?...i thought 360 supported it...shame on them if it doesnt...but its only an advantage if u have wireless, i have it n it was easy as hell to set up on the ps3...and again...its 2010...

- internet is browser is the ? , i use it on the ps3 to watch ? on youtube or on gametrailers....but i guess its not that big of a feature, but it def comes in handy.

all in all...360 is an econmy console n ps3 is a premium console...its like comparing a mercedes to a ford fiesta...

dont think twice, cop a ps3.