P90X vs Insanity workout

Options
stlien314
stlien314 Members Posts: 68
edited July 2011 in The Weight Room
Has anybody done one or both of these? I'm thinking bout getting one but not sure which one to get. Might say ? it and snatch both of em

Comments

• im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I haven't done the P90X or Insanity but my home boy has done em both and said that the insanity one is much harder than the P90X and if you're not in top shape you'll have a hard time with both of them but more so with the Insanity.

If you're not in good shape go for the regular Power90 and then graduate to P90X then Insanity. But my boy got crazy results though he lost weight on power90 gained a little bit of muscle and gained more muscle and leaned and cut up on P90X. So I guess it does work.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ive done both (not all the way thru..i got ADD)

insanity...is the hardest cardio ever put on DVD. its cardio based..a little resistance but every workout will get u sweating buckets

p90x is more muscle building. It has a cardio video and yoga and ? but its mainly weight/resistance training.

depending on your goals you should choose one to do first. theyre both very tough though.
  • stlien314
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yea i just googled it and everybody saying that insanity is cardio crazy and p90x is more of an overall workout. i still dont know which one to get. i got a gut and im in pretty good shape so i wanna loose weight while gaining lean muscle so i might do p90x first then insanity
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Insanity will help you tone/get cut because its all body weight strength and cardio training.

P90X will help build more muscle because it focuses more on strength training with resistance and weights.

In a nutshell if you want to lose weight or inches, Insanity will get you there faster but P90X will pack on some muscle.
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Im doing the P90x currently, i had to restart tho, damn 4th of july trips. But its the real deal. Like dude said tho if your not in shape already it will murder you. I been doin weights for a min so im kinda ok, but my homie just started and he aint done ? since lil league baseball and he 31.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm leaning towards Insanity. I need to lose a couple pounds so a heavy cardio work is a must.
    I have burned copies and it looks intense but to my understanding the workouts are shorter & its 60 days vs 90.

If i make it through I'll ? with 90x to tone up, but I dont know anyone that has been able to complete the 90x to date.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    P90X2 is coming out soon bruh. U better hurry and get on that P90X and get thru it.
  • stlien314
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So most likely I will do insanity first to lose the excess weight and tone up then Im gonna get on p90x to pack on some muscle. Damn a P90x2? When is that coming out?
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    stlien314 wrote: »
    So most likely I will do insanity first to lose the excess weight and tone up then Im gonna get on p90x to pack on some muscle. Damn a P90x2? When is that coming out?

This Fall.................
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I brought Insanity a few weeks ago and I burned p90x from a friend. I'm gonna do P90x first cause honestly, I took one look at the Insanity workouts and said to myself "I'm not ready for this yet". So I'll do P90x then graduate to Insanity. All in the process of getting my fat ass in shape. Summer of 2012 will be mine!
  • needmorecash
    needmorecash Members Posts: 253
    edited July 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    I brought Insanity a few weeks ago and I burned p90x from a friend. I'm gonna do P90x first cause honestly, I took one look at the Insanity workouts and said to myself "I'm not ready for this yet". So I'll do P90x then graduate to Insanity. All in the process of getting my fat ass in shape. Summer of 2012 will be mine!

i said the same thing maine.. . i just started the ab ripper on the p90x. . ..
    i cant keep up with them but i go as far as i can go

that insanity looks insane. . .i really aint trying to do it like that.. .maybe if i was traning in some professional field
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited July 2011
    Options
    P90 works muscle building and cardio for leaning up. Insanity is a lot of plyo work and intervals. Depends on your goals. I say do p90 first and then Insanity to add to the muscle confusion theory.