let's discuss the Epidemic of ? in Church

2»

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    matt- wrote: »
    Jesus was not married, he instructed people to live as he did, but essentially said that if you can't handle celibacy then dont live a life devoted to it b/c it will only lead to sin.

Jesus was married to Mary the church just dont want you to know that
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    thats true, ? is sick. hell i cant understand it, and dont even want to discuss it on that front no more. They need to be dealt with, in the worse way, and stop getting transferred around and camouflaging the issue.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    We are all sinners. I don't understand why people think that just because somebody is a "priest" they are exempt from the curse of sin? It's really ridiculous to be honest. The curse of sin in is in our very nature. It can not be escaped in this lifetime, thus nobody ever reaches sinless perfection. Why do you people expect perfection just because somebody is in the clergy? False expectations like this is what leads to peoples downfalls. You put people on pedastool and treat them like a mini-? . But when they fail you, people are quick to run on the defense and smear the name of the same person that they used to worship. It's pathetic.

People need to stop placing and putting their faith in MAN. He will let you down every single time. Look to ? because only He is perfect and only He can save you. Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. Only He alone is perfect and only He alone will be the judge of all mankind on the last day.

real talk the middle man can be corrupted.. the message and ? is true and without fault.. The man can let you down.. why give him that chance
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    thats true, ? is sick. hell i cant understand it, and dont even want to discuss it on that front no more. They need to be dealt with, in the worse way, and stop getting transferred around and camouflaging the issue.

"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?" 1 Peter 4:18

How bout you Mr. Hyde Park?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Ill leave all the forgiveness and love for ? and jesus.. these pedophiles should be castrated and stoned..
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    "If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?" 1 Peter 4:18

How bout you Mr. Hyde Park?

lol, what about me? i know im not perfect, no.. i do respect other people, and i live a good life tho. .Im good. I think man striving for all this perfection is what sets us up for failure in the first place.
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited March 2010
    Caution: Controversial Statement coming!

The faults, missteps and HUMANNESS of these "Holy Men" are the reason we cannot consider the Bible a holy book unacceptable of mistake - because the authors were Holy men as well.....

And its not just catholicism, all holy men are nothing but human. No more or less. This is a prime example as to why we can't put people on a pedestal larger than they deserve - AND THIS INCLUDES THE AUTHORS OF THE BIBLE.....
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Ill leave all the forgiveness and love for ? and jesus.. these pedophiles should be castrated and stoned..

Like leaving it all to peter pan lol

it would be a valid statement if the man actually existed.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    garv wrote: »
    Like leaving it all to peter pan lol

it would be a valid statement if the man actually existed.

You got to have an IQ of a 10 year old if you believe Jesus Christ never walked this earth. Then again, that's still giving you to much credit because even a 10 year old has more sense than you.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    They should be stoned to death and humiliated in front of thousands of people.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    All the more reason why religions shouldn't be taken seriously. Being a religious person doesn't mean ? , nor did it ever impress me.....Christopher Columbus was also a Catholic.....let that marinate for a second. The Pope needs to get fired, he has no business letting these priests get away with this ? . I can't imagine how and why a priest would do something so sick to a young child. This has nothing to do with being married or not, a child molestor is going to molest, whether he has a ring on his finger or not. John Waynce Gacy was married, that didn't stop him from molesting boys while handcuffing and butchering them.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    And for the record, Catholic Priests CANNOT get married.....that's law that comes straight from the Catholic Church....look it up.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2010
    edeeesq wrote: »
    Caution: Controversial Statement coming!

The faults, missteps and HUMANNESS of these "Holy Men" are the reason we cannot consider the Bible a holy book unacceptable of mistake - because the authors were Holy men as well.....

And its not just catholicism, all holy men are nothing but human. No more or less. This is a prime example as to why we can't put people on a pedestal larger than they deserve - AND THIS INCLUDES THE AUTHORS OF THE BIBLE.....

100% truth here. Let's not forget the authors of the Bible supported slavery.....? them!
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Not being able to get married has nothing to do with preist sexually abusing boys. If they abusing little girls than maybe there could be a small argument, but they like boys. The catholic church is evil any way, they make ? up as they go along
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I bet some other religions have some pedophilles... I actually think the Catholic church is being villified in some ways to ? it and create defectors.

Same way they do polygamist because "THEY" believe it to be wrong. How can you stop someone from practicing their religion because "GOVT LAWS" say you can?

You can if your religion is behind the one behind the scenes being used as a tool. Moral thought is in the eye of the beholder who of course had to be raised a "certain" way.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    plocc wrote: »
    Its a byproduct of an unnatural rule that Catholicism holds on to. Priest being unable to marry is the root of all this. Plus it must be so rampant that if they all were punished there wouldn't be any priest left to run the churches.
    Because of the scandals Catholicism has to be the fastest dwindling religion. I personally know people who were raised catholic but now want nothing to do with the Catholic church.
    Thats ? .
    Not being able to marry a woman dosent make you a child-molesting fa99it.

Its a part of europeon culture and a part of Xristianity,its a ritual practice and the sick deviants get away with it.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Thats ? .
    Not being able to marry a woman dosent make you a child-molesting fa99it.

Its a part of europeon culture and a part of Xristianity,its a ritual practice and the sick deviants get away with it.

this is the truth. man on man relations and man on boy relations is the foundation of Greco Roman culture, in which the Catholic church/Vatican is the custodien.