For those into Metal music: Opeth?

Options
Alivethroughmusic
Alivethroughmusic Members Posts: 94
edited July 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
Hey guys,

What do you guys think of the Swedish progressive Metal band Opeth?

Harvest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu67S95drUA

They are extremely talented and incorporate multiple styles and influences, so it's not all screaming and crazy distorted guitar riffs.

I suggest this band to anybody looking for an intelligent and extremely dark vacation from Hip hop.

Comments

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    O yea huge fan of opeth right here. to me they are in the same vein as my other favorite metal bands: mesuggah, cryptopsy, and cynic. all are known for incorporating elemets of free jazz, fusion, folk, and blues as u described. and also polyrhythmic structures and mathematical time signatures. all the aforementioned groups are like virtuosos on their instruments. and i love bands that are like that
  • Alivethroughmusic
    Alivethroughmusic Members Posts: 94
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I agree man. I have most of their albums on vinyl, they are all timeless ! It's an exciting moment every time something new drops from Opeth.
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Been meaning to listen to them.. I like Bathory, Wintersun, Norther, Kalmah, Between the Buried and Me, At the Gates, some other metal bands.. I'm listening to the song you posted now, and it's definitely not what I expected