Fit Test Results With The Insanity Workout

Mastery
Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Weight Room
Insanity is a 60 day workout program in which you take fit tests to monitor your progress. I will list my weight as well even though I'm not really focused on it (Just focused on reducing overall body fat). They have us take fit tests 5 times throughout the 60 days, 1st (Mar 16th) before you start the program, 2nd (Mar 30th) two weeks after the first test, 3rd (Apr 20th) three weeks after the second test, 4th (May 4th) two weeks after the third test, and the 5th (May 17th) two weeks after the 4th test. You get 1 minute per exercise to get as many as you can and you also get like a minute to rest in between each exercise as well. Here are my results so far:

Mar 16th
Switch kicks - 110
Power Jacks - 55
Power Knees - 90
Power Jumps - 50
Globe Jumps - 7
Suicide Jumps - 15
Push up Jacks - 30
low Plank Oblique - 40
Weight - 210

Mar 30th
Switch kicks - 120
Power Jacks - 68
Power Knees - 140
Power Jumps - 80
Globe Jumps - 16
Suicide Jumps - 20
Push up Jacks - 40
low Plank Oblique - 62
Weight - 202

I will be updating this thread with my results as I continue on in this program icon14.gif

Comments

• DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Good job...look at u getting stronger and stronger :)

Globe Jumps must be nooo joke...what are they?
  • Mastery
    edited March 2010
    Good job...look at u getting stronger and stronger :)

Globe Jumps must be nooo joke...what are they?
    You start in a squat position with your hands on the ground then jump up to your left while raising your hands in the air, when you land (squat position) you touch the ground again then jump backwards and touch the ground, then to the right and touch the ground, then back to the front... that is counted as 1 rep lol Then you do it all over again :tu

Yeah, I was hyped when I compared my results :tu You dont really know how good you're doing until you see results of some sort lol
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Ohhhhhh my trainer made me do that ish! Its hard!! And complicated smh....I know exactly what ur talkin bout. He never made me do it again though....hmm...I wonder why (i complain like a ? lol)

This is a good idea though, i've never actually tracked any progress. I have soooo far to go now since I fell off all winter. I might copy you. Thx Harrison!
  • Mastery
    edited March 2010
    Ohhhhhh my trainer made me do that ish! Its hard!! And complicated smh....I know exactly what ur talkin bout. He never made me do it again though....hmm...I wonder why (i complain like a ? lol)

This is a good idea though, i've never actually tracked any progress. I have soooo far to go now since I fell off all winter. I might copy you. Thx Harrison!

Yeah you start off fast as hell, then after a few times or so you start slowing down like a mug... Got me jumping around like a ? ' monkey and ? lol
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I hate those globe jumps, and looking at your results, I am not posting mine. LOL
  • Mastery
    edited April 2010
    WallH wrote: »
    Mar 16th
    Switch kicks - 110
    Power Jacks - 55
    Power Knees - 90
    Power Jumps - 50
    Globe Jumps - 7
    Suicide Jumps - 15
    Push up Jacks - 30
    low Plank Oblique - 40
    Weight - 210

Mar 30th
    Switch kicks - 120
    Power Jacks - 68
    Power Knees - 140
    Power Jumps - 80
    Globe Jumps - 16
    Suicide Jumps - 20
    Push up Jacks - 40
    low Plank Oblique - 62
    Weight - 202

Apr 20th
    Switch Kicks - 160
    Power jacks - 71
    Power Knees - 152
    Power Jumps - 104
    Globe Jumps - 17
    Suicide Jumps - 25
    Push Up Jacks - 45
    Low Plank Oblique - 86
    Weight - 196

I have NEVER done a workout program that was this hard in my entire life. I'm loving my new energy levels, clothes fit much looser, etc... 4 more weeks to go until I finish the workout program. Today I started the second half of the workout program, which is the "max" portion and they each last about an hour a piece as opposed to 30 - 40 minutes. icon14.gif
  • Mastery
    edited April 2010
    I hate those globe jumps, and looking at your results, I am not posting mine. LOL
    Nevermind my results, post yours. We are all at different fitness levels... nothing wrong with that, and I absolutely HATE globe jumps as well. That is my least favorite exercise.

• CASH RULES
    CASH RULES Members Posts: 306
    edited April 2010
    I might give this regimen a try.

You're making some good gains, props.
  • lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Apr 20th
    Switch Kicks - 160
    Power jacks - 71
    Power Knees - 152
    Power Jumps - 104
    Globe Jumps - 17
    Suicide Jumps - 25
    Push Up Jacks - 45
    Low Plank Oblique - 86
    Weight - 196

I have NEVER done a workout program that was this hard in my entire life. I'm loving my new energy levels, clothes fit much looser, etc... 4 more weeks to go until I finish the workout program. Today I started the second half of the workout program, which is the "max" portion and they each last about an hour a piece as opposed to 30 - 40 minutes. icon14.gif

so once youre done, are you supposed to continue to do it to maintain, or just go back to w/e regular regimine you were on before?
  • Mastery
    edited April 2010
    lady_c wrote: »
    so once youre done, are you supposed to continue to do it to maintain, or just go back to w/e regular regimine you were on before?
    I wasn't doing anything before really which is why I blew up and add to the fact I was eating fast food all day every day lol. Now I might have a fast food meal once a week, and even then it is something not too high in calories and the rest of the week I'm eating healthy. When I'm done, if I'm not where I want to be body fat % wise, then I'm going to start the program over for round # 2. Once I get to where I want to be then I will most likely stop the program and start a regular exercise routine, making sure I eat right to make sure I dont blow up that big again lol
  • Mastery
    edited April 2010
    CASH RULES wrote: »
    I might give this regimen a try.

You're making some good gains, props.
    Definitely give it a try... I'd recommend it
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Nevermind my results, post yours. We are all at different fitness levels... nothing wrong with that, and I absolutely HATE globe jumps as well. That is my least favorite exercise.

I am going to start over because I had fallen off, and I hate that I fell off because I was seeing the results I wanted.
  • Mastery
    edited May 2010
    Apr 20th
    Switch Kicks - 160
    Power jacks - 71
    Power Knees - 152
    Power Jumps - 104
    Globe Jumps - 17
    Suicide Jumps - 25
    Push Up Jacks - 45
    Low Plank Oblique - 86
    Weight - 196
    May 4th
    Switch Kicks - 165
    Power Jacks - 77
    Power Knees - 158
    Power Jumps - 108
    Globe Jumps - 18
    Suicide Jumps - 31
    Push Up Jacks - 53
    Low Plank Oblique - 101
    Weight - 194

Didn't lose too much weight over the past couple of weeks *shrugs*. I'm thinking about dropping my daily intake of calories to around 1500 or so to create an even bigger caloric deficit. I currently take in about 2000 calories a day (which is enough to maintain my current weight, then I add in the daily exercise for the caloric deficit).
  • knivez
    knivez Members Posts: 57
    edited May 2010
    you slacking on them globe jumps brah

lol nah good ? though yeah you might need to lower your cals a bit. but you're not that focused on that so i wouldn't drop too much. maybe 1800 will give you something more steady.

If i didn't live in an apt i'd mess with insanity. well that's my excuse lol. maybe in a few months i'll try it out. i know you have to be in some what decent shape to really mess with this. seems like an advance workout from most others out there.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    man i took 2 weeks off...but i may need to jump back on my insanity ? as well...props for re-motivating me.
  • chred04
    chred04 Members Posts: 3
    edited May 2010
    man i took 2 weeks off...but i may need to jump back on my insanity ? as well...props for re-motivating me.

Get back on the wagon King! The great thing about Insanity (and P90X for that matter) is the fact that you see results so quickly -- it doesn't take long to notice some changes...
  • CASH RULES
    CASH RULES Members Posts: 306
    edited May 2010
    peeped the vids, somethin about video workouts just seem mad corny to me.

my workouts are fairly similar tho.
  • Mastery
    edited May 2010
    May 4th
    Switch Kicks - 165
    Power Jacks - 77
    Power Knees - 158
    Power Jumps - 108
    Globe Jumps - 18
    Suicide Jumps - 31
    Push Up Jacks - 53
    Low Plank Oblique - 101
    Weight - 194
    May 17th

I got low bridged playing ball about a week ago and my shoulder is ? up, to say the least. I can't do my last fit test today but you all see the results so far so that is good enough. My weight though, shot back up to 197. I will be out of commission for about another week or so then I will start a weight lifting / cardio program. I need to add some weights to my workouts so that I can change my body composition, not just get "smaller" as I have been doing. Anyway, thanks for following :tu

Oh yeah, the ? that low bridged me... His mother already had him cremated
  • knivez
    knivez Members Posts: 57
    edited June 2010
    Hey wall, did you see any loss in muscle when you did this? I need an intense workout but i don't want to get real small. I notice that while people do get shredded they look so damn small. if possible, i'd like to mix both P90x and Insanity. I think i remember you mentioning you were doing that. How'd that work out for you? What were the workouts you mixed in/out? thanks
  • Mastery
    edited June 2010
    knivez wrote: »
    Hey wall, did you see any loss in muscle when you did this? I need an intense workout but i don't want to get real small. I notice that while people do get shredded they look so damn small. if possible, i'd like to mix both P90x and Insanity. I think i remember you mentioning you were doing that. How'd that work out for you? What were the workouts you mixed in/out? thanks
    I really didnt lose muscle at all to be honest, because as I cut my caloric intake, I also upped my protein intake as well :tu If you want to do P90X and Insanity at the same time, make sure you're taking in enough calories. I gave up P90X and stuck strictly with Insanity because it offers body weight resistance and that was good enough for me (plus I decided to shred first then take on a weight lifting routine). When I started P90X (before I went to Insanity) I was doing the doubles version. I will drop my schedule for the doubles portion in a minute. The classic and doubles version of P90X are the same for the first month, so I will put up month 2 and 3 of my P90X - Insanity Hybrid workout.
  • Mastery
    edited June 2010
    P90X + Insanity Hybrid Workout

Week 5-7
    MONDAY
    AM: Insanity (Max Interval Circuit)
    PM: P90X (Chest, Shoulders & Triceps + Abs Ripper X)
    TUESDAY
    Insanity (Max Interval Plyo)
    WEDNESDAY
    PM: P90X (Back & Biceps + Abs Ripper X)
    THURSDAY
    P90X (Yoga X)
    FRIDAY
    PM: P90X (Legs & Back + Abs Ripper X)
    SATURDAY
    Insanity (Core Cardio & Balance)
    SUNDAY
    P90X (X Stretch)
    WEEK 8
    Mon – P90X (Yoga X)
    Tues – P90X (Core Synergistics)
    Wed – Insanity (Core Cardio & balance)
    Thurs – P90X (X Stretch)
    Fri – P90X (Core Synergistics)
    Sat – P90X (Yoga X)
    Sun – P90X (X Stretch)
    WEEKS 9 & 11
    MONDAY
    PM: P90X (Chest & Back + Abs Ripper X)
    TUESDAY
    PM: Insanity (Max Interval Plyo)
    WEDNESDAY
    P90X (Shoulder & Arms + Abs Ripper X)
    THURSDAY
    PM: P90X (Yoga X)
    FRIDAY
    SATURDAY
    Insanity (Core Cardio & Balance)
    SUNDAY
    P90X (X Stretch)
    WEEKS 10 & 12
    MONDAY
    PM: P90X (Chest, Shoulders & Triceps + Abs Ripper X)
    TUESDAY
    PM: Insanity (Max Interval Plyo)
    WEDNESDAY
    P90X (Back & Biceps + Abs Ripper X)
    THURSDAY
    PM: P90X (Yoga X)
    FRIDAY
    SATURDAY
    Insanity (Core Cardio & balance)
    SUNDAY
    P90X (X Stretch)
    WEEK 13
    Mon – P90X (Yoga X)
    Tues – Insanity (Core Synergistics)
    Wed – Insanity (Core Cardio & Balance)
    Thurs – P90X (X Stretch)
    Fri – P90X (Core Synergistics)
    Sat – P90X (Yoga X)
    Sun – P90X (X Stretch)

Of course you can mix it up however you want, but this is how I did it :tu
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Strarting back on Insanity on Monday. I still havent made it to the 2nd months workouts. But you get results quick and I was a lot quicker on the court.