ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread

Comments

• GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    lol I cant front Im hype for it but I aint played my MVC3 since like 3 weeks after the game came out.

They need a complete overhaul to the gameplay, they know the updates are mostly bought by the ? fans so I think theyll do the right thing with it

This...

If no add-on I will trade the original in for this.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Yall will get just enough for that "trade" to put $5 on a preorder.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    lol I aint never trading any of my games in , I keep my ? forever
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    oh ? evil daredevil leading the hand lol

? it ill budge. im getting this.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    focus wrote: »
    Yall will get just enough for that "trade" to put $5 on a preorder.

I know, right. ? it, I probably don't cop this ? since I don't even play the first one.
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Only character I'm hyped about is strider. Who should've been in from the start.

And a lot of these characters will go untouched in tournaments I think. I mean, from the original cast, only 10 were really used.

But I'll wait to see gameplay before I judge
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    hmmm i might actually cop this.
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    ClemsonKUjayhawks215 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    they got live footage of the game on shoryuken.com
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I like the classic Storm alternate costume with the mohawk. What the ? do they mean 48 new characters plus DLC, though? Seriously. They're not gonna just add em all? We still gotta download 2 more?
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    They added a couple new moves to each of the characters; Good to know that it's not just a copy and paste with new characters.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Damn, they put Strider and Vergil in and upgraded Ryu. That just might be enough to warrant me getting this. I probably won't get it right away though. i plan on getting Resistance 3 in September and Dark Souls in October, so I won't have the time for this in November.
  • stoneface
    edited July 2011
    1311185950369.jpg

There goes the new character hype build up.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    would be sick they give ryu the ability to transform into evil ryu like in MvsC1. always thought that was dope.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    lol nova and rocket raccoon are the WOATS. they shouldve put daredevil or one of the F4.

at least Capcoms lineup is straight. i remember the NES game starring that little gargoyle.
  • focus
    edited July 2011
    [UPDATE]: Capcom has acknowledged the authenticity of the leak, and provided the following statement:

"Today we announced Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for PS3 and X360 as well as the first four characters and a playable build for this week's San Diego Comic-Con. As part of that, you may have seen some of our new characters for the game pop up on the Internet a bit earlier than anticipated. We are very happy with the positive response to the lineup, but at this point we're only going to focus on the four characters (Strider, Firebrand, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye) we have officially revealed. As for the other eight additional characters, we will have a ton of info, videos, screens and playable code in the coming months. Stay tuned!"

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/story/6324583/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-roster-leaked
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    LMAO @ raccoon over Black Panther or DareDevil......FAILED
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Capcom Aint Gettin No More Of My Money I Already Got SF4 SSF4 And MvC2 And MvC3...Greedy ?
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Thoses ? are releasing it at the same time as KOF XIII
  • focus
    edited July 2011
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 producer Ryota Niitsuma was just interviewed on the Capcom Unity Comic Con live stream. Here few things of note that he said about the game:

The game will have 8 new stages. None of the old stages are going away. Some of the new stages are different versions of old stages, with different weather or time-of-day, and many differences in the background to accommodate those changes.

UMvC3 will be “on display” at Evo 2011.

Every old character is being looked at, but not every one will get brand new moves. Some will be tweaked in more subtle ways.

The team looked at major tournament results when making decisions about what to change in UMvC3.

DLC you purchsed in ‘vanilla’ MvC3 is a mixed bag. The costume pack featuring Ryu, Dante, Chris, Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor will carry over to Ultimate if you bought it. Shuma and Jill DLC characters will also carry over. However, shadow mode will not exist in UMvC3, so if you bought those, they are confined to vanilla.

The number of colors and costumes available per character has increased by an unknown number.

The encounter with Galactus has been enhanced in UMvC3.

The game’s netcode has been retooled to ‘reduce lag’, and to make matchmaking easier. This includes easier rematch options online.

When asked about releasing full and detailed change logs for UMvC3 and/or when the game is patched, Niitsuma just laughed. This is a disappointing difference in culture.
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2011
    cant wait for EVO next weekend

The Marvelous Adventures of Gootecks & Mike Ross Ep. 16 - IDENTITY THEFT w/ Fanatiq

Special guest Fanatiq joins Mike Ross for a Marvelous Adventure, as the two of them take over Gootecks' account! Fanatiq is more of a training mode disciple than an online warrior - how will his deadly M.S.S. team and pad skills fare against the unknown of XBox Live?
  • stoneface
    edited July 2011
    cant wait for EVO next weekend

The Marvelous Adventures of Gootecks & Mike Ross Ep. 16 - IDENTITY THEFT w/ Fanatiq

Special guest Fanatiq joins Mike Ross for a Marvelous Adventure, as the two of them take over Gootecks' account! Fanatiq is more of a training mode disciple than an online warrior - how will his deadly M.S.S. team and pad skills fare against the unknown of XBox Live?

Fanatiq is nice.
  • stoneface
    edited July 2011
    focus wrote: »
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 producer Ryota Niitsuma was just interviewed on the Capcom Unity Comic Con live stream. Here few things of note that he said about the game:

The game will have 8 new stages. None of the old stages are going away. Some of the new stages are different versions of old stages, with different weather or time-of-day, and many differences in the background to accommodate those changes.

UMvC3 will be “on display” at Evo 2011.

Every old character is being looked at, but not every one will get brand new moves. Some will be tweaked in more subtle ways.

The team looked at major tournament results when making decisions about what to change in UMvC3.

DLC you purchsed in ‘vanilla’ MvC3 is a mixed bag. The costume pack featuring Ryu, Dante, Chris, Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor will carry over to Ultimate if you bought it. Shuma and Jill DLC characters will also carry over. However, shadow mode will not exist in UMvC3, so if you bought those, they are confined to vanilla.

The number of colors and costumes available per character has increased by an unknown number.

The encounter with Galactus has been enhanced in UMvC3.

The game’s netcode has been retooled to ‘reduce lag’, and to make matchmaking easier. This includes easier rematch options online.

When asked about releasing full and detailed change logs for UMvC3 and/or when the game is patched, Niitsuma just laughed. This is a disappointing difference in culture.

Thank ? for the retooled netcode and Im even more glad I never bought any of those ? ass shadow battle DLCs.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2011