Death Of Spider-Man

Options
KeepOnPushing
KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Quite Comical
ultimatecomics_spiderman_160_polybag.jpg

death_of_spider-man_510.jpg

anyone check this out??...the ending gives me that "Nah sorry dude aint dead" Reaction, i just wasn't convinced enough ...

overall the issue was kinda cheesy to me as well...

Comments

• whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    he was killed before and came back with stronger powers..honestly marvel and dc need to let some of these characters die for real and develop some new characters...they scared of losing their cash cows.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    Options
    he was killed before and came back with stronger powers..honestly marvel and dc need to let some of these characters die for real and develop some new characters...they scared of losing their cash cows.

Thats really what it's all about it , they wont let other characters develop, or either scared to .
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    honestly marvel and dc need to let some of these characters die for real and develop some new characters...they scared of losing their cash cows.

^^^ - this would get you SLAPPED in a DC/Marvel board meeting

Scared of losing they cash cows? ? .....Batman alone is a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE. Why the ? should DC let him "die for real" and try to push some new character instead? DC and Marvel come out with dozens of new heroes every year.........you've just never heard them because they're not the cotdamned BATMAN. This isn't pro-wrestling where you gotta push new guys to keep it fresh, Supes and Bats have been like half of DC's money since Black people was drinkin from the Colored water fountain.

Seriously, its like saying Jerry Jones should sell the Cowboys and apply for an expansion team in L.A.

Comic Book Death means eventually coming back. Period.

There's only 2 types of comic book characters that STAY DEAD:

1) Dead characters crucial to an origin story (Martha & Thomas Wayne, Uncle Ben)

2) Characters people never really gave a ? about in the first place (insert wack X-Men mutant w/ Meg Griffin fingernail-growing powers that got sonned by a Sentinel)

Everybody else? Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiit......they even brought Bucky back.....Jason Todd too.....Captain Mar-vell been resurrected and swiftly killed again a few times lol......X-Man's alive again
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? if something is bringing me millions/billions u damn right i wont ? it off
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Co-sign what everyone said about not losing their cash cow, but yall do know this is ULTIMATE Spider-man from the Ultimate universe and not the "regular" Spider-man.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Co-sign what everyone said about not losing their cash cow, but yall do know this is ULTIMATE Spider-man from the Ultimate universe and not the "regular" Spider-man.

Because at the end of the Ultimates storyline (the one where Magneto went ? and flooded New York with a Psunami using his powers with Thor's hammer), Spider-Man was shown to be alive after one of the buildings he was in collapsed on him.

So, that ain't it.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Because at the end of the Ultimates storyline (the one where Magneto went ? and flooded New York with a Psunami using his powers with Thor's hammer), Spider-Man was shown to be alive after one of the buildings he was in collapsed on him.

So, that ain't it.

And you quoted me why? What you said had nothing to do with my post, so I'm just curious to why you quoted me. [Not tryna be a smartass]

I'll bite anyway. They didn't market that as the Death of Spiderman and the writer already confirmed that Parker is dead and they will be getting a new Spider-man. So yeah, he is dead (for how long, who knows?), but what I was saying is that this is Ultimate Spider-man and not the "real" Spider-man that everyone knows, so in the end, who really gives a ? who dies in the Ultimate Universe.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ultimate Universe Zombie Universe who gives a ? .
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's ? comics! Anything can ? happen in comics! If they want to ? off and bring back any character, so ? be it! It's a ? comic book!!! You know damn well that when they ? off a big name there gonna bring that muthafucker back because they can!
  • toomy
    toomy Members Posts: 369
    edited August 2011
    Options
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/2011-08-01-black-spider-man_n.htm

Revealed in Marvel Comics' Ultimate Fallout Issue 4, out Wednesday, the new Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe is a half-black, half-Hispanic teen named Miles Morales. He takes over the gig held by Peter Parker, who was killed in Ultimate Spider-Man Issue 160 in June.

In his first appearance, he simply breaks up a fight. But readers will learn the true origin of Morales and how he became the new Spider-Man when Ultimate Spider-Man relaunches in September with a new No. 1 issue.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's ? comics! Anything can ? happen in comics! If they want to ? off and bring back any character, so ? be it! It's a ? comic book!!! You know damn well that when they ? off a big name there gonna bring that muthafucker back because they can!

Damn dude you ight?
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Damn dude you ight?

Lol yea my bad homie!
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Read this ? , and for all this hype, it was Spider-Man in a new suit and a reveal that he's Black. Then scene change. ? was so anti-climatic.
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    read em. ? was ? corny. would have rather skipped the ultimate spider man stories and read the Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates instead. they had Blade in there! and Thor did pull some gangsta ? on Greg Stark.