The Official Supplement Tolerance Thread

Options

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Just received my Universal Natural Sterol Complex in the mail, i got an old school bodybuilding supplement stack im about to start, i am taking it back to the 80's, and will post my log of the supplements in the Warriors thread and when i do my cycle of anabolics it will be post in the steroid thread..but back to my old school stack this is the first supplement i am stacking.

Universal Natural Sterol Complex universal_natural-sterol-complex-180-tabs.jpg

FOR THOSE WHO CHOOSE NOT TO TAKE PRO-HORMONES OR STEROIDS i recommend taking Universal Natural Sterol Complex this is the closet you will get to anabolics with out it being steroids or prohormone it's natural anabolics that come from plants and have many other great stuff init that will build dense muscle, add size and burn fat.

20091005_52.jpg

According the the Universal Nutrition website:

Natural Sterol Complex, a plant sterol-based anabolic supplement, is a powerful but natural alternative to prohormones. And we have great news for you. It is now new and improved, making it even more potent than before. A number of distinct and potent components make up the best-selling Natural Sterol Complex formula: natural anabolic plant sterols, an herbal mass and density blend, a specialized phytonutrient blend, essential fatty acids (EFAs), and finally rounded out by a comprehensive muscle cell protection blend. All in all, you get over 8,500mg. of ultra concentrated anabolic support for your bodybuilding endeavors

• waterproof
    edited January 2013
    Options

Anabolic Sterol Complex

This complex consists of the following combination of herbs:
    1.Beta Sitosterol: – Being a steroid, β-sitosterol is precursor of anabolic steroid Boldenone. Boldenone undecylenate is commonly used in veterinary medicine to induce growth in cattle but it is also one of the most commonly abused anabolic steroids in sports. This led to suspicion that some athletes testing positive on Boldenone undecylenate didn’t acually abuse the hormone itself but consumed food rich in β-sitosterol

2.Tribulus Terrestris: Tribulus terrestris increases testosterone levels, which helps to increase muscle mass. According to the Physicians’ Select website, studies reveal an increase in testosterone levels when tribulus terrestris is taken. The rise in testosterone level reduces the time for the muscles to recover, and enhances protein synthesis, or the process that living cells manufacture proteins from their constituent amino acids, based on the genetic information carried in the DNA of the chromosomes. It also promotes positive nitrogen balance. The combination of these actions all help to strengthen and increase muscle mass.
    Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/164176-the-benefits-of-tribulus-terrestris/#ixzz1wkCbO0r5

3.Kudzu:- contains a variety of phytochemicals, which are potent antioxidant compounds found naturally in plants, that help to prevent and treat disease in humans. Kudzu contains the phytochemicals quercetin, which has antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties, and genistein which works as a free radical scavenger. The most important phytochemicals are, however, the isoflavone compounds — daidzein, daidzin, tectorigenin and puerarin.
    Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/411394-benefits-of-kudzu-isoflavones/#ixzz1wkDZAwhu

4.Methoxyisoflavone :-Methoxyisoflavone is an anabolic compound that may be responsible for an increase in muscle growth and recovery. It is also classified as a non-essential nutrient. Flavones are favored by many athletes, as they have similar benefits to anabolic steroids, but not the negative side effects. Methoxyisoflavone is also referred to as methoxy or 5-Methy-7-Methoxyisoflavone.The main benefits of methoxyisoflavone not only include the ability to increase lean muscle mass and fat loss in the body, but also the ability to support a healthy cholesterol level. It also significantly increases muscle recovery after a workout and decreases cortisol levels. This supplement is commonly used by bodybuilders and fitness athletes and can be found in many sport supplement products.

5.Beta Ecdysterone :- Ecdysterone is a plant extract (naturally occurring hormone) extracted from the rhaponticum carthamoides. It happens to exist as a compound in the herbs like Rhaponticum/Leuzeae and Cyanotis vaga, and is therefore a naturally occurring phytochemical. It evolved from Russia. The Russians gave it to their athletes prior to competitions in order to optimize performance while coming off anabolic steroids to beat doping tests.It works by increasing nitrogen retention and increasing protein synthesis. Clinical studies by ICN Pharmaceuticals demonstrated that the results are further improved when the drug is combined with a high-protein diet, to the point of equalling or even surpassing the beneficial effects of conventionally derived steroids such as Dianabol(steroid). The same studies showed the effective dose for a human to be around 5 mg per kg of body mass, daily. The compound becomes toxic only at doses of 6400 mg per kg of body mass per day.

6.Chrysin (5,7 Dihydroxyflavone) :- Studies have shown that flavones, in particular chrysin, have the ability to exert a large variety of beneficial and powerful effects upon the body. Specifically, European studies have shown that after consuming chrysin, levels of testosterone and blood serum increased by as much as 30%. his is how chrysin benefits you. By cutting down the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, chrysin reduces the levels of estrogen in your body and increases the levels of testosterone.

• waterproof
    Options

Natural Sterol Complex Mass & Density Blend
    1.Muira Pauma:- Muira puama is used for treating sexual impotence, enhancing sexual interest, and preventing sexual disorders. Other uses include alleviating stomach distress, menstrual cramps, premenstrual syndrome or ? , symptoms of menopause, arthritic joint pain, and paralysis from polio. It is also used to treat hair loss and depression. Some use Muira puama as a tonic for general health and to increase appetite. Muira puama is applied to the skin for treating erectile dysfunction, joint pain, beriberi and muscle paralysis.
    Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/414715-muira-puama-benefits/#ixzz1wkKGgIYN

2.Stinging Nettle Root:- Also known as urtica dioica, stinging nettle root is a type of nettle that predominantly grows in South America. Stinging nettle root can help to naturally boost testosterone levels by keeping the testosterone molecule free from a carrier protein known as sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). While SHBG helps testosterone stay in the blood longer, it also prevents it from binding with its specific receptors in muscle cells. By freeing up testosterone from SHBG, you’ll experience higher levels of free testosterone in the body, which can induce muscle growth. Stinging nettle root also helps boost T levels by preventing its conversion to dihydrotestosterone. While testosterone has anabolic effects in muscle cells, dihydrotestosterone has negative effects such as prostate growth. Preventing this conversion by adding stinging nettle root to your supplement regimen means you’ll have more anabolic testosterone available.

3.Oriental Ginseng:- Traditionally, chines medicine practitioners have believed that Panax ginseng can improve sexual performance in both men and women. Although few studies have investigated its exact effects, the Maryland University Medical Center suggests that it may improve libido, or sexual interest. Panax ginseng’s exact relationship with sex drive is not well understood, but it is believed to work by enabling the body to adapt to stress with fewer fluctuations in sex drive.
    Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/164613-sexual-benefits-of-panax-ginseng-for-men/#ixzz1wkOt5gZZ

4.Kola Nut:- Kola nut may be beneficial to those suffering from chronic fatigue and loss of stamina. However, as with caffeine or any stimulant, it should be used with caution. The caffeine acts as bronchodilator and can help in the treatment of asthma and bronchitis. It often is found in herbal weight loss formulas because it helps to increase metabolism and decrease appetite. It enhances alertness and increases overall physical energy and endurance.
    Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/69424-information-kola-nut-herb/#ixzz1wkQwUdGq

5.Cissus Quadrangularis :- Cissus Quadrangularis is a plant related to grapes and has been used as an herbal remedy in India for hundreds of years. Cissus extract helps support tendon, bone and muscle health.* Cissus also provides anti-oxidant benefits and may support fat loss, weight management, and lean muscle. *

6.White Button Mushrooms :-In the Beckman Institute study, white mushrooms showed more promise for reducing cancer risk from high estrogen than any of the 7 vegetables tested — onion, celery, carrot, pepper, broccoli, spinach, and mushroom. White mushrooms contained the most effective aromatase inhibitor. Additional experiments at the City of Hope Medical Center showed that white button mushrooms play a positive, chemo-preventive role against prostate cancer.Mushrooms also offer incredible protection against inflammation. Chronic inflammation increases the risks of many health problems, including type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and certain cancers. Research shows that eating whole fresh mushrooms, mushroom extracts, and powdered/dried mushrooms can help block the production of pro-inflammatory molecules. Read more: http://undergroundhealthreporter.com/mushroom-health-benefits-cancer#ixzz1wkTpX58C

7.Gymnema Sylvestre :- Gymnema sylvestre, a tropical herb originating in southern India, has been used for thousands of years to treat type 2 diabetes and several other medical conditions. Today, practitioners of Ayurvedic traditional medicine recommend gymnema as a treatment for high blood sugar, diabetes, high cholesterol, inflammation and obesity. Gymnema is generally regarded as safe and associated with few side effects or drug interactions.
    Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/100857-benefits-gymnema-sylvestre/#ixzz1wkUKnknP

8.Eurycoma Longifolia (Long Jack / Tongkat Ali) :- Tongkat ali, botanically known as Eurycoma longifolia Jack, is a slender tree native to Southeast Asia. Its medicinal uses in Malaysian culture date back centuries, and include antimalarial, aphrodisiac and antibacterial remedies. Healers would utilize the roots, bark and leaves of the plant. Perhaps most popular for its purported effects on libido, tongkat ali has been studied by current science, and found to contain substances that may have beneficial health effects. This herbal extract is an effective alternative to boost the testosterone levels in men and women. In terms of sexual appetite and performance, Eurycoma Longifolia Jack was called nature’s most powerful aphrodisiac by Dr. Mehmet Oz. Not only will users of this extract be more interested in sex, but they will also have enough testosterone flowing through the body to be able to respond to sex when ther opportunity arises.
    Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/272509-tongkat-ali-information/#ixzz1wkW20TjX

9.Guarana:- One of the most powerful benefits of guarana is its energizing effects. According to A 2 Z of Health, Beauty and Fitness, guarana has a similar chemical structure to that of caffeine, and the plant seeds provide even higher caffeine effects than typical caffeine drinks, including coffee. Guarana may be more effective than coffee with regards to its energizing power, as guarana is released more slowly into the body to provide sustained energy. The plant directly stimulates the central nervous system and may be taken in small doses to fight fatigue and increase activity levels.
    Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/243271-what-are-the-benefits-of-guarana/#ixzz1wkWkgHZE
  • waterproof
    Options
    Just received my ON_BCAA-1000caps-360x363.jpg from bodybuilding.com, it been a months since i had some bcaa's, finally back on schedule again it feels good...... 2 more supplements i need to start my old school 80's stack.

Optimum Nutrition BCAA 1000 Caps Review | Best BCAA Around?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSVpOVIGRa4
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I just pop a Bronkaid and a Vivarin caffeine pill pre-workout....and drink some icy Orange Juice going into my workouts.

Way more energy than all that crazy "pre workout" supplement ? and only 3 ingredients (2 in the Bronkaid).

$25 and lasts 2 months.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jack3d offed a marathon runner, smh why she take that before a MARATHON?
  • waterproof
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I just pop a Bronkaid and a Vivarin caffeine pill pre-workout....and drink some icy Orange Juice going into my workouts.

Way more energy than all that crazy "pre workout" supplement ? and only 3 ingredients (2 in the Bronkaid).

$25 and lasts 2 months.

@leftcoastkev EC stack, bronkaid got Ephedrine in it, i dropped that stack in my steroid thread.......that explain the benefits and danger of that stack, you cant take that ? straight over two weeks, you got to cycle a week off or the effects will be come weaker or you bust that heart of yours
  • waterproof
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ALL RIGHT MY OLD SCHOOL BODYBUILDING STACK SUPPLEMENTS IS COMING IN through ups, i need two more supplements and i am going to log this fat burning muscle adding stack....

here's what im stacking when i start....

N.O. EXPLODE
    MULTI VIT'S
    FISH OIL
    BACAA'S
    Universal Natural Sterol CompleX

NOW yesterday i received my other 2nd old school supplement (Universal Natural Sterol Complex is the first) is..........

7014.jpg
    BEVERLY INTERNATIONAL BEEF LIVER TABLETS

Ultra 40 - 4X Beef Liver Concentrate Overview

Beverly International Ultra 40 - 4X Beef Liver Concentrate contains pure beef liver rich in protein, vitamins and trace minerals like copper, zinc, chromium heme iron and selenium. Ultra 40 - 4X Beef Liver Concentrate is an incredibly nutritious and enzymatically active whole food source of protein, vitamins and minerals. Beef liver tablets are a perfect supplement for bodybuilders looking to add quality lean muscle mass in a healthy and effective manner. It’s a great alternative to whey, soy and casein proteins for those who happen to have food allergies or are looking to differentiate their protein sources. Ultra 40 - 4X Beef Liver Concentrate is best taken with meals and before/after workouts to enhance protein content and supply highly utilizable amino acids to muscle cells to encourage new tissue growth. If you’re looking for a premium source of beef liver, look no further than Beverly International Ultra 40 - 4X Beef Liver Concentrate.

Ultra 40 - 4X Beef Liver Concentrate Description from BEVERLY INTERNATIONAL

Ultra 40 liver tablets are one of the most potent training aids for the bodybuilder. The formula is an extract which contains only trace amounts of fat and cholesterol, but forty-five times the nutritional value of whole beef liver, yet with all the nutrients and enzymes of raw liver. Ultra 40 has more going for it than any other food supplement being very high in useable bodybuilding protein (2 grams per tablet) of the highest quality (it contains all the essential amino acids). It's a strong blood builder supplying heme iron. It is a very rich source of B vitamins, especially riboflavin, niacin, B-12, and the lipotropics choline and inositol. It's a good source of vitamins A, C, and D and other micro-nutrients. Ultra 40 is also extremely rich in minerals such as the anti oxidant selenium, phosphorous, copper, zinc, and GTF chromium (insulin regulator). In addition to these known nutrients, there are substances present in liver shown to have a beneficial effect on health, fitness, and endurance.

OLD SKOOL MUTHAFUCKA, this ? been around since the 70's and the ? works, lot's of protein, b-vit's and other good ? , i will be popping 5-7 pill after i eat a day.......

and i have 2 CLA bottles that i haven't used and is not open that i will used in the stack, i used CLA before and it lean my stomach area out.....

CLA From A To Z

DISCOVER THE MANY BENEFITS OF CLA
    The two most important parts of shedding fat and managing your weight are diet and exercise, but supplements can provide additional support.* While primarily encouraging fat balance and protein metabolism in the body, CLA may help your body burn up calories and improve the way your body utilizes the food/fuel you eat.* Benefits may include:

Support for lean muscle development*
    Use of stored body fat as fuel*
    Promotes recovery from intense exercise*
    Immune system health*
    Anti-catabolic (anti-muscle-breakdown) effects*
    Anti-oxidant benefits*

CLA%20Supplements.png

CLA Supplement Reviews
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIOjzObzu_A
  • waterproof
    edited February 2013
    Options
    WATERPROOF'S OLD SKOOL STACK

N.O. EXPLODE
    MULTI VIT'S
    FISH OIL
    BCAA'S PILL
    Universal Natural Sterol Complex
    BEVERLY INTERNATIONAL BEEF LIVER TABLETS
    CLA
    BCAA POWDER

alright i just received my BCAA POWDER in the mail from bodybuilding.com [img]http://store.bbcomcdn.com/store/prodimage/? _prod4300050/image_prodprod4300050_white450px.jpg[/img] im going to put one scoop in my gallon of water and use it as my intra-workout drink, im trying to be anabolic at all times.....i am upping my AMINO'S, PROTIEN AND BCAA'S this stack.....

i got 2 more supplements i order and THIS ? IS OLD SCHOOL!!!!! will post it when i get it, and will log everything in the warrior thread......
  • waterproof
    Options
    ALRIGHT JUST IN TIME FOR LEG DAY MY LAST OLD SKOOL SUPPLEMENT FOR MY STACK IS HERE!!!!

Universal-Nutrition-Milk-and-Egg-Protein-Chocolate-039442010339.jpg

and

A9-1121-X500.gif

bout to run this stack in the warriors thread, i am expecting 5 pounds of muscle gains and 3-7 pounds of fat dropped, strict diet also...........
  • waterproof
    Options
    Lipo-6_Black_Ultra_concentrate_60_enl.jpg

this is going to be my fat burner on my cutting cycle, i had great results 7 years ago when i used the original Lipo 6
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muscle Pharm products >>>>>

That get swole stacker is GOAT.
  • scarfacetf
    scarfacetf Members Posts: 59
    Options
    Gonna Try That Universal Natural Sterol. Looks Like Good ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    D-aspartic acid: 6 grams every morning
    PES Erase: one pill with breakfast, one with lunch, one with pre-workout meal/Dinner on non-lifting days
    Mucuna Pruriens: 2 pills every morning

Decent stack
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't take any supplements because I have a stupid high stimulant tolerance. The old Jack3d formula did jack ? for me.

only supplement I take is creatine, fish oil, and multi's when I have those on deck.
  • ill_lojikal_kon
    ill_lojikal_kon Members Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Been taking HydroBuilder from ON. It's working out pretty good for me. That said it's not something I would buy often. It's cheaper to get your protein blend and creatine separately.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Someone school me on USP Labs Test Powder...
  • LUClEN
    Options
    I've never used it. Most test boosters are mad overpriced tho and usually base the formula around d aspartic acid and mucuna pruriens. You might save money if you look at the ingredients of it and order each separately from a wholesaler like iherb.com
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    13%2B-%2B1

My new stuff, can't wait to get to the gym
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's a good fat burner to get?
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Dexaprine
    Oxyelite pro

Can't go wrong with either,
  • LUClEN
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »

Eca
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    bout to get some creatine...

All Max is solid
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Just placed an order for Thermodyne from Novex Biotech. $30 off the regular price, supposed to be a great thermo
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    I've soured on dexaprine. The new formula seems to be wired down