Do ya'll think Tyler Perry will ever make a real movie?

Comments

• American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    i would love to see Tyler Perry make Jurrassic Park 4

or the film adaptation of the Korean War
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    sit down yall

Tyler Perry Presents:

A clockwork orange
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited March 2010
    Tyler Perry's Frankenstein

Summer 2012
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    young law wrote: »
    why did i get married

that was a legit movie

Its a funny thing how black ppl get at certain people for certain things but support things much worse... No one said any of his movies were a picture of every negroes life.. i only seen the film u mentioned above and the first medea..... but anyway if the movies suck so bad and are this that and the other why do yall keep watchin them over and over..
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Tyler Perry presents : The Godmother

script written by Francis Ford Copolla
    staring Madea as The Godmother
    co-staring random b-list black actress and actors

Plot - a tale of when Don Chichi crossed the wrong ?
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited March 2010
    Its a funny thing how black ppl get at certain people for certain things but support things much worse... No one said any of his movies were a picture of every negroes life.. i only seen the film u mentioned above and the first medea..... but anyway if the movies suck so bad and are this that and the other why do yall keep watchin them over and over..

tyler perry movies defy all logic.

i NEVER plan to watch them. i shake my head at the previews.

but some how, some chick always tricks me into seeing them
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    to this day I have never seen a Tyler Perry movie. Not my type of movies.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    people hating on dude he making all these millions from tired ass black women lol
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Tyler Perry is really ? . Sadly, that he doesn't come out of his closest.

His movies/TV shows are ? shows. All of them have the same ? .

? TYLER PERRY ? ASS ******!
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    His movies dont bug me nearly as mucch as those two TV Shows... Amos n' Andy and Amos n' Andy-er
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited March 2010
    i just hate that he make shows that send up back 50 yrs ago
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Every movie hes made would comfortably fit within the confinements of a "horror movie" if that constitutes for anything
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    SMH @ ppl seriously claiming he setting black ppl back. He's not affecting me in any way. If anything, he's showing young black people you can be the man, making your own movies, running things, the boss.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    ii seen why did i get married which had a good plot just bad acting i seen the junt with stringer bell also his movies are ok i guess just not for me that madea ? is just pure cooning and them tv shows are just sad meet the browns is just shameful you main character is a dam ? but black women will watch anythign like these cornball reality shows talking about nothing at all
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Seems like that Why did I get married Too looks pretty good I guess. But TP is a sub par film maker, he just is. Maybe he will get better over time, I find his movies that dont rely on Madea are a little better.

Personally I think he gets a lot of unnecessary hate, specifically from blacks. I did a google on Tyler Perry and all I see is "Tyler Minstrel Show Perry" or "Tyler Perry is a ? " etc etc. I dont see nothing wrong with what he is doing. Do I like his movies? No. They tend to be predicable and have poor acting, but is he making a mockery of the black race? Hell no. If anything, most of his movies consist of normal middle class blacks that work for a living, not everybody lives in the projects. On top of that he does his own thing, aint no white man pimpin this guy. Then the vast majority of the people that go see his films are black people. Minstrel shows entertained whites at the expense of blacks.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited March 2010
    His next movie,Women are tired too Coming soon, starring madea
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Probably not. The movie formula that he has now is WAY to profitable. SMH
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited April 2010
    Don't ever, and I mean EVER put The Departed anywhere near the name Tyler Perry....smh.....
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    ii seen why did i get married which had a good plot just bad acting i seen the junt with stringer bell also his movies are ok i guess just not for me that madea ? is just pure cooning and them tv shows are just sad meet the browns is just shameful you main character is a dam ? but black women will watch anythign like these cornball reality shows talking about nothing at all

Why are you always generalizing all black women in a negative way?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Seems like that Why did I get married Too looks pretty good I guess. But TP is a sub par film maker, he just is. Maybe he will get better over time, I find his movies that dont rely on Madea are a little better.

Personally I think he gets a lot of unnecessary hate, specifically from blacks. I did a google on Tyler Perry and all I see is "Tyler Minstrel Show Perry" or "Tyler Perry is a ? " etc etc. I dont see nothing wrong with what he is doing. Do I like his movies? No. They tend to be predicable and have poor acting, but is he making a mockery of the black race? Hell no. If anything, most of his movies consist of normal middle class blacks that work for a living, not everybody lives in the projects. On top of that he does his own thing, aint no white man pimpin this guy. Then the vast majority of the people that go see his films are black people. Minstrel shows entertained whites at the expense of blacks.

Yup you wrapped this up real neat.. like i said before not really my bag. but his ends justify his means and he has good intentions.. its funmy when real ? dont get called out.. the word gets thrown about too damn much.. and wrecklessly
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    hmmmm probably never dude is on a roll now I dont think he's goin out of boundaries
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    He doesnt know how to write movies and his camera work is suspect. His movies have some good ideas, he just develops them poorly. Most people dont give a ? but like my old film professor told me, once you learn how to watch movies you can never look at a movie the same way again.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I respect Tyler Perry cause I know what he's accomplished. Here's a man who used to be homeless and slept in his car and now he is making his own movies and T.V shows. He's the modern American success story. But his films are garbage along with his T.V shows. But I can also respect what he does. I for one as a black man want to be entertained. I don't need to go on a black history lesson like Spike Lee likes to put in every single one of his movies (For you slow ? I'm not comparing Tyler to Spike as a filmmaker, not in a million years). Some blacks just want to be entertained and enjoy a movie for a couple hours that makes them laugh and has a message at the end. I think Tyler Perry does that. Now I need MUCH more than that from movies I watch, but I don't have a problem with Tyler doing what he does. There's a niche for everything.
  • lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    no of course not hes going to stick to what made him rich.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    allied wrote: »
    I respect Tyler Perry cause I know what he's accomplished. Here's a man who used to be homeless and slept in his car and now he is making his own movies and T.V shows. He's the modern American success story. But his films are garbage along with his T.V shows. But I can also respect what he does. I for one as a black man want to be entertained. I don't need to go on a black history lesson like Spike Lee likes to put in every single one of his movies (For you slow ? I'm not comparing Tyler to Spike as a filmmaker, not in a million years). Some blacks just want to be entertained and enjoy a movie for a couple hours that makes them laugh and has a message at the end. I think Tyler Perry does that. Now I need MUCH more than that from movies I watch, but I don't have a problem with Tyler doing what he does. There's a niche for everything.

I agree with this, I don't knock him for what he's done or accomplished with either.

I don't really mess with the TV shows, but I do watch his movies tho.

I grew up on Boomerang, Strictly Business, etc. that were about successful black peoplez that go through different troubles
    but didn't ride on the negative stereotypes other movies showed in their movies. ( Don't get it twisted, Poetic Justice, Juice, Menace II Society were my ? )
    But it's good to watch something more enlighten, and Tyler Perry and Reggie Hudlin still do it with these movies so I'm not all mad with his movies.
    The extremity of the characters in these movies are clearly for entertainment, I hope you ain't taking this ? seriously.

So Cheers for him...Precious was a good movie overall but despicable in terms of how black families are portrayed, so much it was literally laughable.