Bigger Impact Player Bosh or Amare

Rated R
Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
IMO neither player is A max player but both will get A max deal either from their current teams or on the open market. My question is which player of the two impacts games more? Not who averages more points or rebounds but who would give you A better chance of winning if surrounded by the right pieces

Comments

• Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    with the way he's been playing lately, id have to go with amare. when he puts it on the floor and stops settling for jumpers, he's a bigger impact player than bosh imo
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Bosh no doubt he is a more complete player than Stoudamire who can't create his own shot. Majority of his points come in the paint and if he leaves Nash I don't see his game improving.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Bosh no doubt he is a more complete player than Stoudamire who can't create his own shot. Majority of his points come in the paint and if he leaves Nash I don't see his game improving.

c/s amare is overrated. he is a face up post player who will get u points but wont rebound or play d and brings no leadership skills. bosh scores, rebounds and plays better d than amare. neither are max players but bosh would make a better impact with a team
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Bosh actually rebounds and is a better leader plus he doesnt have the advantage of playing with Nash and getting easy point blank buckets.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited March 2010
    Chris Bosh easily, i dream of him goin to OKC and playin with Durant and Westbrook we're a dominant big man from going deep in the playoffs
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    amare..it seem like dis ? dunks on someone everynight, bosh just seems soft to me.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    Bosh he puts up numbers in a system not built for that. Amare is good no doubt but he got the Marion syndrome where hes more a product of his system than anything. Only averagin 8-9 boards a game on the suns is pathetic for someone his caliber. IMO Bosh could do 20-10 anywhere while Amare in a slower paced system would likely average around 18-7, not to mention he plays no Defense at all where Bosh does play a little. Bosh could also go in and out, Amare is more of post player, or pick and roll player.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    with the way he's been playing lately, id have to go with amare. when he puts it on the floor and stops settling for jumpers, he's a bigger impact player than bosh imo

dont believe the hype....that man is playin for a new contract, im scared he'll be 1 of those "sign and retire" guys....not actually retire of course, but he'll sign that huge deal and lose that fire that got lit under him...

if he signs to the Knicks i might have to make some more Anti-Amare threads, you saw how he responded this time lol

C/S

but Amare can create a shot when he faces up though...no bigman can guard his faceup game
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    dont believe the hype....that man is playin for a new contract, im scared he'll be 1 of those "sign and retire" guys....not actually retire of course, but he'll sign that huge deal and lose that fire that got lit under him...

if he signs to the Knicks i might have to make some more Anti-Amare threads, you saw how he responded this time lol

C/S

but Amare can create a shot when he faces up though...no bigman can guard his faceup game

yea but bosh is playing for that contract too, but i agree amare is more likely to fall off and getting paid than bosh.
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Bosh by a slight margin ... They both are great players and will make their mark in this league. Statistically Bosh is much better and has much less of a supporting cast. That being said, the Suns play in the west where its much deeper. At this stage I think they are both top 3 players at the PF position. I would want either guy on my team