Cheap Athletes

cleanraesable
cleanraesable Members Posts: 210
edited April 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Why is it that athletes are pressured to spend every penny that they have? No wonder they go broke.

In your opinion, which players in pro sports will turn out to be another Antoine Walker? Name your top 5.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    Larry Bird GOAT cheap athlete, I dont think any athletes will ever be cheap and or sensible again. They are all raised in the get money, get cars, pop bottles, ? ? , buy million dollar chains era so when they get money they do what their favorite rappers tell them to.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    chad johnson. idk about 5, but he does a lot of generous ? with his money and idk if hes set like that. on Hard Knocks, marvin lewis was tryna talk to him about investments or something and he had no idea what he was talkin about
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    All I know is Derrick Rose and that dude Cromartie who went to FSU better not suffer a career ending injury.
  • cleanraesable
    edited April 2010
    JR smith will spend all of his money.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Who pressures them.. i think in this culture we live in someone wantto make it rain.. instead of saving it for a rainy day.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    It will most likely happen to NFL players, since their careers are much shorter and they don't make near the money. So I'd guess:

Marshawn Lynch
    Reggie Bush
    Larry Johnson
    JaMarcus Russel
    Edgrerin James
  • cleanraesable
    edited April 2010
    Who pressures them.. i think in this culture we live in someone wantto make it rain.. instead of saving it for a rainy day.

Very true. Plus, if you look at people that are truly wealthy, they don't have to show it. The only way you can usually tell if they have money or not, is by the nice house they live in. Some also, have massive wealth and live in a regular house (Ex: Warren Buffet). I just see the Kenny Anderson and Antoine Walker scenario repeating itself.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    rasheed wallace is losing all his ? i can just feel it
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    peagle05 wrote: »

sheed that type a ? that don't spend money. ? dress like he work construction everyday
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    peagle05 wrote: »

i'll tell you what he's not losing: weight. sheed is giving fat ? at ymca's everywhere hope that they can be professional athletes
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Chris Johnson
    Mike Beasley(hope not tho)
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    chad johnson. idk about 5, but he does a lot of generous ? with his money and idk if hes set like that. on Hard Knocks, marvin lewis was tryna talk to him about investments or something and he had no idea what he was talkin about

LMAO Chad was like huh? like marvin was tellin bout quantum physics
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    bigb86 wrote: »
    LMAO Chad was like huh? like marvin was tellin bout quantum physics

lol it was kinda funny at first, then i realized he honestly had no idea what marvin was talkin about. then all i could do was smh
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Travis Henry and Shawn Kemp still paying child support to 10+ kids each...there needs to be a documentary on athletes with multiple baby mothers and are broke.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    sheed that type a ? that don't spend money. ? dress like he work construction everyday

lmao..........
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Marquis Daniels will probably ? that chain in the next 2 years........smh
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    lol it was kinda funny at first, then i realized he honestly had no idea what marvin was talkin about. then all i could do was smh

yeah I know. now i remember marvin explaining how a bank works SMH @ Chad
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    what these athletes dont realize is that the money that theyre making right now is for THE REST OF THEIR LIVES... once they're out of the league, those checks STOP... Everybody in the league is not making like 20 mil a year(endorsements included) like Kobe, Bron, T-Mac(smh).... ? making 2-3 mil a year are buying ? like these ? and will be broke 15 years after being out of the league...

with that said, that ? JR Smith probably blows all his chips... lol he just looks like he does...
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    This is one of the lamest threads ever. Why go online to discuss the next mans finances. If they're not your brother or first cousin who cares?
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    plocc wrote: »
    This is one of the lamest threads ever. Why go online to discuss the next mans finances. If they're not your brother or first cousin who cares?

the IC is full of lames, need to step their G game up son