Can someone recommend me some hip-hop based on my tastes?

Options
asherj123
asherj123 Members Posts: 4
edited March 2010 in The Reason
my favourite artists to lay back and chill to are ATCQ, Mos Def, Andre-3000, Q-Tip & the Asher Roth mixtapes (album sucked)

can someone recommend me some stuff to grab or mixtapes? i'm not a hip-hop newbie, but i do find that hip-hop is a clumped genre where i've struggled to find the right kind of hip-hop i'm looking for instead of people going 'oh, here, listen to xzibit, you'll like him.' when it's the more laid back jazzy beat influenced that i love.

anyways, i know you probably get a few of these threads, but if you could take the time to help me out, that'd be awesome.

Comments

• InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited March 2010
    Options
    j. cole, wale, outkast, the blueprint..
  • asherj123
    edited March 2010
    Options
    j. cole, wale, outkast, the blueprint..

i checked out j.cole, wasn't feelin' him. wale is alright but not really my style, i love outkast, but more andre.
  • 7thwardslim
    7thwardslim Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    AsherJ u should listen your Asher Roth mixtapes........... and call it a day
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you want us to tell you what to eat too? you said who you like you aint feelin j.cole or wale so ? it. i could throw you a bone but you'd say aint feelin it. wait till you come across what you like by chance homie.
  • asherj123
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you want us to tell you what to eat too? you said who you like you aint feelin j.cole or wale so ? it. i could throw you a bone but you'd say aint feelin it. wait till you come across what you like by chance homie.

what should i say? i was just giving a response lol not a fan of their flow/sound.
  • young_reezy
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i know i be lookin for new artists too i was just talkin ? , i found myself going back listening to past artist because it's like i covered all the current cats and it's slim pickings lol
  • asherj123
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i know i be lookin for new artists too i was just talkin ? , i found myself going back listening to past artist because it's like i covered all the current cats and it's slim pickings lol

yeah, i haven't really found anything new on my recent searches, new artists just don't live up to the hype, i just stick on alot of ATCQ recently and chill to that.
  • young_reezy
    edited March 2010
    Options
    man i swear i got a time machine lol, i'm listening to so much older ? . this new ? aint wusup some not all, maybe i'm gettin old ... ? !
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Curren$y is pretty nice. Skyzoo - the Salvation was a great album. New Marco Polo/Ruste Juxx album is some tough NY ? . if you like ATCQ, might wanna try some of the other native tounge groups [de la soul, jungle brothers] Scienz Of Life is another conscious group that should get more love then they do. Dilated Peoples. ? i could go on and on and on.
  • churchboy2
    churchboy2 Members Posts: 477
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Holla at
    6a00c2251f5d698fdb011016551ba3860c-500pi