Slaughterhouse signing to Shady Records...Thoughts?

Options
rapfan84
rapfan84 Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Reason
Personally, I feel this is a great move. Royce Da 5'9" is arguably the best rapper in the game right now, with Crooked I close behind. Ortiz is decent but I don't really care for Budden. This move will get them exposure in the mainstream, but please please please don't dumb down the music guys. Keep it lyrical with dope beats. Don't sell out and start making whack club bangers. But Eminem needs to DROP their album! Not sit on them for years like Stat Quo and every other artist never to release ? .

Now everyone needs to imagine this...what if Royce and Eminem made a collabo album together??! Probably will never happen, but that would shut the game down.

Comments

• tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i cant Wait.........they gonna get ther major opush they need
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Great look for them, they should be able to sell decent now with the right promotion, for this to happen though Joey was released from deal correct? Cause thats what was stoppin it for the longest
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its a good ? look but. Em sat on hella ? on his label so as long as they can get some ? out. i cant wait for their next ? . damn they might have em a few beats for them too.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    its a good ? look but. Em sat on hella ? on his label so as long as they can get some ? out. i cant wait for their next ? . damn they might have em a few beats for them too.

Alot of these guys were never going to pop anyway Em knew this no reason to really push them. With S.H. Em knows they have all 4 already established a fan base individually which will create sales, and people who did not buy individual records may like them as a group which adds even more sells. IMO Obie was the only one who could have sold alot on a few albums out of everyone Em failed to promote hard.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LMFAO @ Royce is the best in the game and Crooked I been somewhere near royce, ? u need to stop listenin hip hop right now
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Good move just as long as the whole album isn't produced by Em. This will get them a whole new fanbase with Em's involvement, and if this works out then it can lead to more exposure for when they go back to their solo gigs.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LMFAO @ Royce is the best in the game and Crooked I been somewhere near royce, ? u need to stop listenin hip hop right now

SMH @ Either of those ? being better than Joell and a case can be made for Budden being better than Crooked I
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    royce is nowhere near the best in the game, none of them are
  • silent k
    silent k Members Posts: 83
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Bad move for Slaughterhouse IMO....comin off the tour wit Tech N9ne, they shouldve seen how the independent game can work for you....Indy or major, youre goin to sell the same amount of records these days i dont care who is behind you...I just think indie is the way to go these days, Tech N9ne, Ice Cube, and Devin The Dude are all very successful without having to answer to or wait on nobody
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    silent k wrote: »
    Bad move for Slaughterhouse IMO....comin off the tour wit Tech N9ne, they shouldve seen how the independent game can work for you....Indy or major, youre goin to sell the same amount of records these days i dont care who is behind you...I just think indie is the way to go these days, Tech N9ne, Ice Cube, and Devin The Dude are all very successful without having to answer to or wait on nobody

Didnt they only sell like 18k on their last album. I agree Indy route is the best business but when your selling that low its best you get a 1-2 album deal on a major get your base up higher which the promo will bring new listeners as well as Em's crossovers. They finish their deal with Shady, have a bigger fan base, make more money than they did indy only pushin 18k, they also can sell more records if they stay Indy after the deal thats a win win.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    i cant Wait.........they gonna get ther major opush they need

I agree. shady is the best place for them. eminem can relate & rosenberg handles good biz.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2010
    Options
    SL LOST!! cuz they album flop'd sumthang serious & now they wanna go take them oreoz d12 place on da shady plantation & b cotton pickin slavez suckin a redneckz ? fa sellz!!
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this is the eqivalent of 4 ? ass ? moving into a homeless shelter

bizarre said he still got an ass beating to issue whenever he cross paths with royce. kon artis already duffed this dude. royce was dissing proof and em way after proof death. now he is on his knees sucking coporate ?

crooked I was dissing aftermath on some stalker like ? back in 99-2000. him, left eye, kurpt and that dude that sound like pac were supposed to release a aftermath killaz EP but left eye died. he was threating Em and his daughter life. i shouldnt be suprised though. if suge made him drink hot ? for messing up verses during studio sessions, i know he would do anything to try and reach fame

ortiz be talking ? about dr dre. alot of his bars are swipes and sublims about dre. he even dissed encore. now his fat ass is going back for a second term of being a tax write off. no self diginity
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

bizarre said he still got an ass beating to issue whenever he cross paths with royce. kon artis already duffed this dude. royce was dissing proof and em way after proof death. now he is on his knees sucking coporate ?

ortiz be talking ? about dr dre. alot of his bars are swipes and sublims about dre. he even dissed encore. now his fat ass is going back for a second term of being a tax write off. no self diginity

The hate is strong in you... and add the fact that the what u said is ? and not true.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

bizarre said he still got an ass beating to issue whenever he cross paths with royce. Kon artis already duffed this dude. Royce was dissing proof and em way after proof death. Now he is on his knees sucking coporate ?

crooked i was dissing aftermath on some stalker like ? back in 99-2000. Him, left eye, kurpt and that dude that sound like pac were supposed to release a aftermath killaz ep but left eye died. He was threating em and his daughter life. I shouldnt be suprised though. If suge made him drink hot ? for messing up verses during studio sessions, i know he would do anything to try and reach fame

ortiz be talking ? about dr dre. Alot of his bars are swipes and sublims about dre. He even dissed encore. Now his fat ass is going back for a second term of being a tax write off. No self diginity

^^preach slaughter house lost!!
  • rapfan84
    edited April 2010
    Options

Who is on his level? I have no idea who you like. If you say Lil Wayne or Drake, YOU need to stop listening to hip hop right now.
  • rapfan84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    SMH @ Either of those ? being better than Joell and a case can be made for Budden being better than Crooked I

I think both are better, but I suppose you can argue Ortiz, however I disagree. Budden on the other hand, he is the weak link in the group hands down.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    $10 paypal says they don't drop ?
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Good move just as long as the whole album isn't produced by Em. This will get them a whole new fanbase with Em's involvement, and if this works out then it can lead to more exposure for when they go back to their solo gigs.

If luck is on their side, they might be able to sponge off the weirdo's fanbase. So instead of 18k their first week, maybe it'll be 60k or better....
    and I agree about the production situation....it seems like there's a clause in a Shady contract that 50% of an artist album must have Shady beats. If that's the case, SH is ? . Just peep Obie Trice's last album. The wack production ruined it. Now SH on a Alchemist produced album would be dope.
  • krow132
    krow132 Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't think Em is going to shelf them because if he does, nobody worth anything will sign with that label. Its one thing shefin dudes who nobody knew before they signed with you, to shelfin 4 dudes who have some of the most die hard fanbases out there.

Em has a hard task with them, because you have to softem them slightly. You can have them going 24 bar verses each on songs with no chorus like they did on some songs on the album, but at the same time, you have to let them keep their sounds. Its a good look but its a tough task ahead. I wish them success, mainstream hip hop needs it
  • tellemwhyumad
    tellemwhyumad Members Posts: 93
    edited April 2010
    Options
    they're still not gonna do big numbers
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    If luck is on their side, they might be able to sponge off the weirdo's fanbase. So instead of 18k their first week, maybe it'll be 60k or better....
    and I agree about the production situation....it seems like there's a clause in a Shady contract that 50% of an artist album must have Shady beats. If that's the case, SH is ? . Just peep Obie Trice's last album. The wack production ruined it. Now SH on a Alchemist produced album would be dope.

Maybe they can get Mr Porter (From D 12) to produce some songs he is pretty good. I say Alchemist could be good too, maybe a Dre beat? (knock on wood) hopefully no more than 1 Em beat. Plus maybe a few of the producers from the 1st SH album.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i love royce...have done from jump, and im kinda feeling his new ? , but i wish he would go back to his original style of emceeing, ? , even bar exam 1&2 would be nice, im not really feeling his whole every line has to be a metaphor(and a pop culture metaphore at that) ? ....in saying tat he still makes dope muzik and i would love to see a em/royce collabo album
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I would like to hear a Dr. Dre produced Slaughter House Album
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    whatever they drop im coppin