I need some legit reasons why Nas lost....

Reggie80
Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Reason
This been going on too long. I've read the thousands of threads and very few of them state any real facts on how he lost. I need some real reasons, not no ? on Kelis- ? her she ain't got ? to do with his music- not no photoshopped pics. Is he garbage on the mic? Or is he poor? What other MC beat him? You know its funny how he lost and yet most of ya spend a good majority of your day ? on this man, still saying ether, and 9 years later people are still sensitive over the Jay beef. So how is it that he lost. Not to mention he ha a whole site named after him, but yet ain't ? on the site about him.

Somebody post a wack verse by Nas?........

Comments

• ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2010
    most of the time Nas haters say Nas lost
    honestly the Lelis ? dont mean much to me cuz dude livin an ok life
    however i feel Jay killed dude in that beef and thats the only time i know Nas loss

just my unbiased opinion
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    Gettin Kelis' name tatted on his arm, it aint just a nas thing anyone who got a tattoo of their significant others name lost cause that ? always gets covered eventually.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2010
    yeah that tat was a loss and 50 called him out
    thats one more i guess
  • Reggie80
    edited March 2010
    I said nothing about Kelis- she a seperate person from him. I'm talking about just some ? ? he did himself, I don't care about Kelis. Musically did he lose? What he does with his skin is his business.

Somebody give me a wack verse though......
  • Reggie80
    edited March 2010
    most of the time Nas haters say Nas lost
    honestly the Lelis ? dont mean much to me cuz dude livin an ok life
    however i feel Jay killed dude in that beef and thats the only time i know Nas loss

just my unbiased opinion

I respect your opinion, but give me a verse Jay said that was better than Nas. I'm mean some ? where he bodied Nas and he couldn't come back.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Musically, there aren't many losses... Personal life, several losses...

What happened to that white boy that used to make those "Lost" threads?? Y'all remember those? Them ? had me Rollin man... Lol
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    I said nothing about Kelis- she a seperate person from him. I'm talking about just some ? ? he did himself, I don't care about Kelis. Musically did he lose? What he does with his skin is his business.

Somebody give me a wack verse though......

Getting the tattoo on his own will is not something dumb he's done to himself. Most of the Nas lost stuff now has nothing to do with his music, it originated with him n jigga but it has blossomed way beyond just music now. Just cause it was Kelis' name doesnt mean it had to do with her that ones solely on Nas himself and thats it. BTW

Jigga beat nas on the mic IMO .... Therfore Ill follow the trend and inform you that Nas has infact lost contrary to your beliefs
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    just what the ic needs more nas lost threads.
  • Reggie80
    edited March 2010
    jamacia wrote: »
    just what the ic needs more nas lost threads.

No disrespect, I'm new to the site. I just see so many of these threads in every hip hop site I go to, I just needed to know where all this Nas lost came from. I didn't hear Chingy, Lil Zane, or ? for the East Side Boyz get as much hate as this dude does. When so many people are still debating almost a decade later of that beef, I can't see how dude lost. Plus no one every gives me any real reason beside he's wife. And when I ask for some lyrics nobody gives any. I just want some facts to back up ya opinions...that's all.
  • Reggie80
    edited March 2010
    Getting the tattoo on his own will is not something dumb he's done to himself. Most of the Nas lost stuff now has nothing to do with his music, it originated with him n jigga but it has blossomed way beyond just music now. Just cause it was Kelis' name doesnt mean it had to do with her that ones solely on Nas himself and thats it. BTW

Jigga beat nas on the mic IMO .... Therfore Ill follow the trend and inform you that Nas has infact lost contrary to your beliefs

I thought Nas was considered the winner, at least that's what I remembered back then. And how did Jay beat him- is he a better MC, or did he beat him the battle?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    No disrespect, I'm new to the site. I just see so many of these threads in every hip hop site I go to, I just needed to know where all this Nas lost came from. I didn't hear Chingy, Lil Zane, or ? for the East Side Boyz get as much hate as this dude does. When so many people are still debating almost a decade later of that beef, I can't see how dude lost. Plus no one every gives me any real reason beside he's wife. And when I ask for some lyrics nobody gives any. I just want some facts to back up ya opinions...that's all.

Nas is a legend in the game though those other arent close. Nas and Jigga had arguably the best mainstream battle in history. Out of this were stans, Jigga stans and Nas stans. A jigga warrior created a thread claiming nas lost somewhere, a group of teenage boys thought it was funny and totally awesome and followed suit, then all Jigga warriors as well as people who just want to fit in converged together and made a huge Nas lost world in which they are infatuated with.

Nas lost for gettin that hoes name tatted on him, like I said everyone does though who gets that kind of tat.
    And IMO he lost to Jigga on wax, either was the hardest diss imo but Jigga overall got him, I mean nas does work for him now.

Two losses + no wins = loser simple nigganomics
    I thought Nas was considered the winner, at least that's what I remembered back then. And how did Jay beat him- is he a better MC, or did he beat him the battle?

I think Jigga got him overall music wise, I think Jay is a better overall artist, I do love nas' music though. In the end Nas ended up being an employee of Jays that to me is a win for Jigga hes cakin off nas.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010

I have heard the "Nas lost" phrase since I have been here (2003) it originated from around the time Nas and Jay Z had their beef. Remember Nas saying "I prove you lost already" on Ether.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    it's been agreed upon for years and there's no arguing the fact that Nas lost.Just leave it alone smh
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    The whole Nas lost thing started on the net, in the streets ? anit saying ? about Nas. When ever I hear ? talk ? about Nas I just call them internet haters since that's all they are.
  • Reggie80
    edited April 2010
    Nas lost for gettin that hoes name tatted on him, like I said everyone does though who gets that kind of tat.
    And IMO he lost to Jigga on wax, either was the hardest diss imo but Jigga overall got him, I mean nas does work for him now.

Two losses + no wins = loser simple nigganomics

I think Jigga got him overall music wise, I think Jay is a better overall artist, I do love nas' music though. In the end Nas ended up being an employee of Jays that to me is a win for Jigga hes cakin off nas.

Yeah I remember Nas lost then too, and the smackin of the kufi. I see all I can really get about him losing is about that tat.

People say dude got ethered, you don't really hear too much of people saying dude got super-uglied. Because of Nas people still calling Jay Camel.
  • Reggie80
    edited April 2010
    rap doctor wrote: »
    it's been agreed upon for years and there's no arguing the fact that Nas lost.Just leave it alone smh

Give me wack verse. I know this has been argued, but what I'm saying is that it seems like nobody can back up this claim with some facts about him or his music. I understand people think Jay better, I actually like both, but if you think Nas lost then just tell me why you think that, not because its somebody said so.

Can I get a wack verse?
  • Reggie80
    edited April 2010
    CMac wrote: »
    The whole Nas lost thing started on the net, in the streets ? anit saying ? about Nas. When ever I hear ? talk ? about Nas I just call them internet haters since that's all they are.

That's real talk right there.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Give me wack verse. I know this has been argued, but what I'm saying is that it seems like nobody can back up this claim with some facts about him or his music. I understand people think Jay better, I actually like both, but if you think Nas lost then just tell me why you think that, not because its somebody said so.

Can I get a wack verse?

Nas losing dosent have much if anything at all to do with him as a rapper, though he is quite boring if I must say so myself
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    This been going on too long. I've read the thousands of threads and very few of them state any real facts on how he lost. I need some real reasons, not no ? on Kelis- ? her she ain't got ? to do with his music- not no photoshopped pics. Is he garbage on the mic? Or is he poor? What other MC beat him? You know its funny how he lost and yet most of ya spend a good majority of your day ? on this man, still saying ether, and 9 years later people are still sensitive over the Jay beef. So how is it that he lost. Not to mention he ha a whole site named after him, but yet ain't ? on the site about him.

Somebody post a wack verse by Nas?........

NAS GOT THE BEST CATALOGUE IN RAP HISTORY....PERIOD

his worst album (Nastradamus) is a classic compared to others.
  • Reggie80
    edited April 2010
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Nas losing dosent have much if anything at all to do with him as a rapper, though he is quite boring if I must say so myself

None of his music seem boring to me, if that's what your talking about. Outside of that, who knows what that man does in his personal life.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010

LOL real talk his worst album is better then these whack artists best albums.
  • Reggie80
    edited April 2010

On his worst day he is better than your favorite rapper- *in Jon Stewart voice - BOOM BOOM*
  • Reggie80
    edited April 2010
    I'm still waiting on a wack Nas verse too.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Nas lost started in sohh.com.

After Nas dropped ether and the whole roc fell apart the whole east coast was in schock.Then ? got online and said "Jay-z Lost".Numerous threads.But then ? switched it around to counter the Nas fan attack.

Well I can only guess Jay's whole staff got online and switched ? aound.As a Nas fan I gotta admit Nas lost sound funnier then Jay-Z lost lol.Maybe because he actually won kind of like a paradox.
  • Reggie80
    edited April 2010
    Nas lost started in sohh.com.

After Nas dropped ether and the whole roc fell apart the whole east coast was in schock.Then ? got online and said "Jay-z Lost".Numerous threads.But then ? switched it around to counter the Nas fan attack.

Well I can only guess Jay's whole staff got online and switched ? aound.As a Nas fan I gotta admit Nas lost sound funnier then Jay-Z lost lol.Maybe because he actually won kind of like a paradox.

LMAO, at least Jay lost first then.