Thus saith the Lord, I will send unto Babylon fanners, that shall fan her!

Options
2»

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    The point I'm trying to make in all this is...the Pharisees made morality as the basis for their righteousness. They didn't care whether or not they were obeying to honor ? . They did it so they could be honored. I could be wrong, but I believe that is the direction you are going. Obedience is good, but not on your own merit. You can't save yourself through your obedience.

But when did I ever say that I could save myself? It's like your trying to read to much into words, semantics, instead of looking into the spiritual aspect of things. Over and over and over and over again I have proclaimed that my faith rests in the finished work of Jesus Christ, nothing more and nothing less.

I would be a COMPLETE FOOL to say everything I say on here and out in life, if I believed that I could save myself. I really have no clue where you got that from bro. You might as well call me an atheists if I believed I could save myself apart from Jesus Christ.

ABSOLUTELY NOT MY FRIEND!

I am saved by grace alone through faith alone. It is the gift of ? , so that no man can boast! All my boasting will be in the Lord Jesus Christ! For if any man glory, let him glory in the Lord. That's all I desire to do!

I really don't know how you came to the conclusion that I was trying to save myself, apart from Jesus Christ, just because I am acting as a watchman by preaching as the Lord has commanded me.

This is really troubling to be honest. I've done nothing wrong. I've only obeyed what the Lord commanded me to do. And it's like your trying to tell me that I can't listen to what ? wants me to do because obedience to Him is wrong???????????????????????????

It's late and im tired. May brain needs to relax. I pray you have a good night. ? bless you.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Have you ever been around people who are doing what is right, but you feel they are doing it for the wrong reasons? There are people who use their obedience as something to fuel their self-centeredness. Whether they admit to it is another matter. The Pharisees, who obeyed the law, believed they were "better" than the ones who didn't obey. Their perception of righteousness was based on whether they can keep the law. If they kept the law, they were "safe".

you see it in churches, mosques, tabernacles and any place of worship. And the pharisee's did rituals and tradition of men too, and that goes in the place of worship today. Some women have to wear hats in church because Shaul said so - TRADITION OF MAN. SOME KIDS CANT HAVE communion unless they baptized - tradition of man, yahushua said dont turn no kids away from me. PRAYING TO MARY - TRADITION OF MAN, WEARING CROSS AROUND THE NECK - TRADITION OF MAN. IF YAHSHUA see what's going on in the church he would rebuke everything that's is done.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Galatians 5:6

This is the walk of any believer my friend. Faith expressed through love is the fulfillment of the law according to the Savior.

"37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy ? with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matthew 22:37-40

Faith produces work. Work doesn't produce faith. If you do the 2 things above you will be saved. Amen.
    But when did I ever say that I could save myself? It's like your trying to read to much into words, semantics, instead of looking into the spiritual aspect of things. Over and over and over and over again I have proclaimed that my faith rests in the finished work of Jesus Christ, nothing more and nothing less.

I would be a COMPLETE FOOL to say everything I say on here and out in life, if I believed that I could save myself. I really have no clue where you got that from bro. You might as well call me an atheists if I believed I could save myself apart from Jesus Christ.

I am saved by grace alone through faith alone. It is the gift of ? , so that no man can boast! All my boasting will be in the Lord Jesus Christ! For if any man glory, let him glory in the Lord. That's all I desire to do!

I really don't know how you came to the conclusion that I was trying to save myself, apart from Jesus Christ, just because I am acting as a watchman by preaching as the Lord has commanded me.

This is really troubling to be honest. I've done nothing wrong. I've only obeyed what the Lord commanded me to do. And it's like your trying to tell me that I can't listen to what ? wants me to do because obedience to Him is wrong???????????????????????????

It's late and im tired. May brain needs to relax. I pray you have a good night. ? bless you.

what's it's going to be then my friend you are contradicting yourself .

Paul - for by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of ? – not the result of works, so that no one may boast

OR

Christ - Thus you will know them by their fruits. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?' Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.' "?

Christ - "Either make the tree good, and its fruit good; or make the tree bad, and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit. You brood of vipers! How can you speak good things, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. the good person brings good things out of a good treasure, and the evil person brings evil things out of an evil treasure. i tell you, on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter; for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

you cant serve to MASTERS
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

I can read a little too much into things. However, I felt like obedience was taking the place that Jesus should have. During the whole deal, you assumed that I was suggesting that obedience was not important; that I didn't think that ? has commanded us to be obedient. The emphasis on obedience made me wonder if you knew if your obedience was not based on what you can to for ? ...because no one can apart from Him. That is why I emphasized the Pharisees for they felt that obedience was based on what they can do...and not on what ? has already done.