Maxwell n Mariah Carey have done it succesfully. Who is next for a HUGE comeback????

kuskklassic
kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
in the past years we've watch some of R&B biggest star make some HUGE comeback such as Maxwell and Mariah Carey. alot of people have attempted but failed like Whitney Houston and New Edition. so wat artist u think has wat it takes to make comeback and take over music once again.

1. D'Angelo - i think this one would be the most appreciated and the most needed. similar to what Maxwell did a couple years ago. D'Angelo can make that classic album that will put him bvack at the forefront of Soul music. Without him changing the game in the 90s, alot of the soul artist would get the chance they got.

2. Destiny Child - with Beyonce album sales slow and Kellys new found success, i think now would bve the best time for a new album and tour in 2012. The fans want it and the members of the group need it. Imagine a Destiny Child tour with Letoya and Solange as opening acts. niiiicee!

3. Lauryn Hill - i know she still has it in her to make quality music. i just wish she would focus on making new material instead of doing these shows.

who u got????

Comments

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Lauryn Hill and D'Angelo are the ones I was waiting on but I think it's over for Lauryn.
  • 6ft5
    6ft5 Confirm Email Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I'd bet on Rkelly he has the song writing ability to stay relevant
  • gamezpog
    gamezpog Members Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I would like to see every last member of Destiny Child on stage.. all of them!!
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited July 2011
    Lauryn Hill and D'Angelo are the ones I was waiting on but I think it's over for Lauryn.

yep i agree with these too also but i've actually given up on lauryn hill, it's just over with her, especially now that rohan has left her (that could be a good thing for her though actually).

i think d'angelo definetly has a chance, i'm putting my money on him
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    If D'Angelo can get his ? together and can still sing like he could before then i think it will be him. Bet can set him up real nice like they did for Maxwell and El Debarge.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited July 2011

thats the two i was gonna mention. LOL!

in an interview i remember Alicia Keys being asked if she could do a supergroup who would she do it with? and guess who she mentioned??

the music biz is worse off from both them being virtually MIA for the last 10 years!!
  • kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    the Destiny Child reunion would be epic with all members included. except i dont think Farrah Franklin played an important part in the group cuz she was there for like 6 months and recorded no new material with group. LaTavia seems as if she has the ad blood with the group. im sure Kelly, Beyonce, Michelle, and Letoya could still be epic and to me better than the original 4 line up.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    i wouldnt mind jodeci