Who has the best chance of blowing up: BIG KRIT or KENDRICK LAMAR?

Options
MAKAVELI25
MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Both these dudes is talented as ? . Lamar is slightly better as a rapper, but KRIT's production takes him far and beyond. I wish the best for both these dudes, who do y'all think has the best chance of blowing up?

Comments

• - BE -
    - BE - Members Posts: 96
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Man if I had to choose I would probably pick Big K.R.I.T., his production is better w/o lacking in the lyric dept.
    Better allaround

.........but who really knows.
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    neither really.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i stil haven'tl gotten around to really listening to Kendrick Lamar...any songs to suggest from him?
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    krit
    he from the south and he don't sound like elmer fudd HAANNNH
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    KRIT cause of his production and seems like he can make a "hit" record more so then KL does. Fan of both tho.
  • 797mrtemp797
    797mrtemp797 Members Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Both are good...
  • ThatA
    ThatA Members Posts: 566
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Women control the airwaves and what's popular. Make a song for the ? that talks about them and their problems, and you get fans and ? agree so they can get the ? . that's how Drake got in.

Kendrick does that all the time, half of Section 80 is ? I can't relate to because I'm a guy. KRIT really doesn't have the potential because his beats are too soulful and jazzy. People don't want that no more.

I prefer KRIT by a long shot tho.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    KRIT, even though KL is the better mc. Krit style is pretty simple and not overly complex and his voice and flow is more mainstream. KL style is an aquired taste imo, kind of how Devin the Dude style is aquired.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    i stil haven'tl gotten around to really listening to Kendrick Lamar...any songs to suggest from him?

? and Patron
    Ignorance is Bliss
    Hiiipower
    Poe Mans Dream
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Big K.R.I.T., i wish the best for both though.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Kendrick is a better technical rapper.....and has a bright future im my opinion.....Krit to me is the better artist....he's not too complex because he doesn't have to be to get his point across. Not sure if either of them will "blow" though.....neither of them seem to make the usual "swag" pop bubblegum songs...neither of them have a team to attach themselves too....ie...good music, mmg, ym, roc nation.....but i guess that's why im a fan of theirs more so than other artist....they are standing on their own two feet without MAYJOR cosigns....well i guess Dre did cosign Kendrick but its not like any of the music he has put out has had Dre on it so.....
  • mason22
    mason22 Members Posts: 5
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think I'ma have to break down and listen to that kendrick lamar tape... I ? with KRIT, dude is my favorite new artist
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Neither will probably blow up unfortunately. They make really good music though. But I enjoy Kendrick's music a lot more. So I'm rooting for Kendrick.