LE Tournament #3 Round Two - iMpIoDez vs. Raw-Material

raw-material_ahh
raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
edited August 2011 in Lyrical Executions
iMpIoDez vs. Raw-Material

LYRICAL EXECUTIONS TOURNAMENT #3

Check in by Saturday, July 30, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
Verses are due by Monday, August 1, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
Voting will end on Wednesday, August 3, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.

These due dates are final. Beware: 1 minute late will result in a DQ.
Due dates will be extended only when the site goes down.

Please Read The Rules
-Verses must be 16 lines. 15 is not enough. 17 is too much.
-Only 1 round.
-First to 3 votes wins. Only the official voters will count. They are: jamacia, hlf, WallH, sionb55 & Young-Ice
-All votes MUST be explained.
-NO FEEDING! (Feeding is when you let your opponent drop first, then you use their lines against them in your verse; when you flip their lines on them)
-BITING is an instant disqualification. (Biting is when you copy other lyrics in a plagiaristic form.)

Finally, take criticism like a man. Quit trying to vote sway and explain your bars in additional posts. Remember that everyone may not agree with you. Use the Predictions/? Talking Thread to voice your opinions, not this battle thread.

Good luck.

Comments

• raw-material_ahh
    edited July 2011
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
  • RiGGA
    edited August 2011
    I really wasn’t trying to diss you cuz you cool wit me
    So beefing isn’t an issue but still you like food to eat
    Indeed see he off on a no-show, hey bro it’s okay though
    I may go and make it quick, left stuck where you sit…Couch potato
    wit a Halo, starin at your monitor in disbelief
    You a grunt but I’m an elite…This is the chief
    Spartan 117, no what I mean… Say, I’m Kareem
    and he's Paula; the ? Abdul though I’m the balla
    But I’m shootin’ till YOU fade-away; Verbal gat spray, he lay
    Rest in pieces like Reese’s you sugar-coated feces look ? you ?
    Sweet on the outside, homie is dookey and ya mouth wide like students to teachers
    Cuz it’s splenda in ya tank, artificial ? he stank wit homosexual features
    Like preachers that teach us “secrets” like age aint nothing but a number…what the ? ?
    He resemble a depressed leprechaun, down low and outta luck
    Plus you just suck like a Dirt Devil at this ? actually
    So ? you and what you writ; try to excuse my French ? I heard

D4000D2F.jpg
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2011
    We both "spit explosive" but the difference is the mic is dynamite in my hands and a ? -in-yours/
    First punch and he hit-the-floor - dead - then I pulled down my pants and sat on his grave cuz this "? -is-war"/~2
    Beat him-before - you could say punches left this hoe angry but i'll say this "trick-is-sore"/
    They knighted me moderator - I'm gonna get-the-sword, go to his PC, "end his life" and slit-the-cords/~4
    Would battle you in a trilogy but you got no chance cuz I'm hot like lamps, you might needa../
    New light bulb above your head after this "blow out", you have "no idea"/~6
    Peeped your last verse - I could tell you ain't good at posting more than 8-bars/
    Shoulda told me homie, I make the rules - woulda cut it ta 6 like ya dates-are/~8
    iMpIoDez saying he gon' beat me in the ? Talking Thread??!? - what a damn liar/
    ? couldn't come with "hot bars" at a camp fire/~10
    ? that - ? couldn't "free-style" giving out haircuts/
    Afraid to do ? and couldn't produce it - I think he's "scared nuts"/~12
    Don't pursure-rap, you lost any skills that you-had/
    Cuz unless you're having ? reconstruction, you ain't getting your groove back/~14
    Tryna "kick it in the game," but you're more played than Brazil-with-it's-soccer/
    In closing, I kept a "lock on ya-skill"-like-gym-lockers/~16
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Well damn.....Nice ass battle

I was gonna roll with iMpIoDez after first reads then on the second read I felt like Raw Material was a TAD BIT more creative all the way through. I cant even lie tho, If this ? was live and I was the judge Id have to go to overtime.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Both opponents were live, lyrical, and venomous. The thing that separates the two, imo, is I thought Raw-Material was more witty and creative in the verse he dropped. Good battle.

My vote: Raw-Material
  • RiGGA
    edited August 2011
    yo im not going to pull a fazeem/judah here but I honestly don't see how you cats are saying his verse was more creative, what the ? ? I mean trust me when I read his verse I was like "yo this is nice" and it definitely had some nice punches and the creativity was definitely there, but saying it has more than mine is leading me to believe you didn't catch all of the subliminals.. I mean for real yo if he was getting votes for harder punches I'd still think it's ? but that's more debatable than creativity in my opinion...

Hey like I said I'm not finna ? like them other cats, everybody got their opinion but I reeeaaaallllyyyy hope y'all analyzed my ? thoroughly before voting...
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2011
    iMpIoDez wrote: »
    yo im not going to pull a fazeem/judah here but I honestly don't see how you cats are saying his verse was more creative, what the ? ? I mean trust me when I read his verse I was like "yo this is nice" and it definitely had some nice punches and the creativity was definitely there, but saying it has more than mine is leading me to believe you didn't catch all of the subliminals.. I mean for real yo if he was getting votes for harder punches I'd still think it's ? but that's more debatable than creativity in my opinion...

Hey like I said I'm not finna ? like them other cats, everybody got their opinion but I reeeaaaallllyyyy hope y'all analyzed my ? thoroughly before voting...

Back in the day, I called this boy Fio-Syther out. He was 10-0 at the time. I wanted to face the best. When we dropped, I could've swore I was going to win. I ended up losing 0-3 KO. It was a learning experience for me. It wasn't until months later when I realized he got me for real. The thing is, I think my verse is better than yours too but honestly, I think everyone who battles thinks their verse is better than their opponents 19 times out of 20. I know exactly what each one of my lines means and which ones has double meanings but I'm not going to take the time to explain them in this thread or any other thread BC I don't want to vote sway but all you could ask for is to hope you went hard ENOUGH. Anything can happen. Good luck man.
  • RiGGA
    edited August 2011
    nah I feel what you're saying like I'm saying your ? is definitely nice but I hate to admit it but I'm starting to see what Fazeem and judah were saying about flow...I crafted mine to hit harder while still styling in a flow...so if this was on the mic I dont think it'd even be a question who won imo but even though this is a text battle flow should have a substantial amount of consideration. I mean really can you not read mine and catch the flow easily? I thought it was crazy how I got it to flow so well while still droppin subliminals and punches. Like I said no hard feelings I don't see me coming back from 0-2 (if hlf voted, I wasn't sure lol) but I definitely don't understand me being 3-0'd, that's pretty insulting to how creative my verse was you feel me?
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2011
    When it comes to flow, you never know how it sounds until they spit it for you. Like I said before, if you read lyrics from Royce Da 5'9", Jay-Z, Eminem, etc., you may think you got it or you may think it doesn't flow but it isn't until you hear it that you could get it. I'm sure flow plays a small part in voting but since these are text battles, they are judging the lyrics. That's flow if there is any, punches, metas, wordplay, creativeness/originality, personals, multis, all that. Anyway, just based off reading your verse and the votes so far, IF you did happen to lose 3-0, anybody know knows about this battle will know it was hard fought. This isn't like Kobe vs. a rookie. We're all-stars. We know how to write and I think you proved that.
  • SexyGemini
    SexyGemini Members Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    iMpIoDez wrote: »
    I really wasn’t trying to diss you cuz you cool wit me
    So beefing isn’t an issue but still you like food to eat
    Indeed see he off on a no-show, hey bro it’s okay though
    I may go and make it quick, left stuck where you sit…Couch potato
    wit a Halo, starin at your monitor in disbelief
    You a grunt but I’m an elite…This is the chief
    Spartan 117, no what I mean… Say, I’m Kareem
    and he's Paula; the ? Abdul though I’m the balla
    But I’m shootin’ till YOU fade-away; Verbal gat spray, he lay
    Rest in pieces like Reese’s you sugar-coated feces look ? you ?
    Sweet on the outside, homie is dookey and ya mouth wide like students to teachers
    Cuz it’s splenda in ya tank, artificial ? he stank wit homosexual features
    Like preachers that teach us “secrets” like age aint nothing but a number…what the ? ?
    He resemble a depressed leprechaun, down low and outta luck
    Plus you just suck like a Dirt Devil at this ? actually
    So ? you and what you writ; try to excuse my French ? I heard

D4000D2F.jpg

This ? is Hot babe!!!!!!!!! You just went in!!!!!!!!!
  • RiGGA
    edited August 2011
    When it comes to flow, you never know how it sounds until they spit it for you. Like I said before, if you read lyrics from Royce Da 5'9", Jay-Z, Eminem, etc., you may think you got it or you may think it doesn't flow but it isn't until you hear it that you could get it. I'm sure flow plays a small part in voting but since these are text battles, they are judging the lyrics. That's flow if there is any, punches, metas, wordplay, creativeness/originality, personals, multis, all that. Anyway, just based off reading your verse and the votes so far, IF you did happen to lose 3-0, anybody know knows about this battle will know it was hard fought. This isn't like Kobe vs. a rookie. We're all-stars. We know how to write and I think you proved that.
    yup...respect
    SexyGemini wrote: »

uhh....??
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    SexyGemini wrote: »

LMFAOOOO .... this ? came from left field righ'chere
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    good ass battle....tough one to judge..only way you could do it IMO is to go line for line
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2011
    Appreciate the votes.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    good battle but my vote goes to impiodez i felt he had better lines, his punchlines were better and he mixed it with some wity lines, the right combo for a good battle rap.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2011
    2-2. Voting ends in about an hour but I'll leave it open until Ice votes to break the tie.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for voting. The next round threads will go up later tonight.
This discussion has been closed.