Take Care VS Cole World: side line story

THT KiD banned SMFH
THT KiD banned SMFH Members Posts: 52
edited July 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Which are you waiting for

on tht note Whos mixtape was better 'so far gone', 'friday night lights', And

Me and my friends are split so leave it to the ill comm.

lemme know what you think

And heres something new. KID THAT DAY DREAM .. i like it lol peace!!
http://www.datpiff.com/THT-KID-Jordan-Paul-Kids-That-Day-Dream-mixtape.256288.html

Comments

• mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I'm not waiting for either in particular, but if you're asking who is the better artist/rapper then Drake ? on J.Cole. Thats not even up for debate.

So far Gone was a game changer. Cole's mixtapes arent even mentioned in that same league.

Getwitcha
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    lol at drake not even rapping 100% beat mode anymore and trina be a lotion soft non talented R&B singer who cant actually sing. He be looking like michael jordan trina play baseball on some of theese sorry ass tracks like marvins room. I know hes been switched to singing and rapping since so far gone but ? been pitiful attempting to sing since so far gone
  • GoFoJoe
    GoFoJoe Members Posts: 147
    edited July 2011
    J.Cole's >>>>>>>
  • Str8Skippin
    Str8Skippin Members Posts: 136
    edited July 2011
    Sideline Story, but I think Take Care is gonna be really good too based on what Drake's been putting out lately. I thought Thank Me Later was solid too.

As for mixtapes, Friday Night Lights, So Far Gone, and The Warm Up are all quality stuff.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Sideline Story, but I think Take Care is gonna be really good too based on what Drake's been putting out lately. I thought Thank Me Later was solid too.

As for mixtapes, Friday Night Lights, So Far Gone, and The Warm Up are all quality stuff.

cosign everything said here..
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Cole World: Sideline Story
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Drake has a higher ceiling (artistically) than J. Cole, but all this singing ? needs to stop. If Marvin's Room is any indication of what "Take Care" is gonna sound like, I might not even download it.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Marvins room was trash tho, and then everyone dickriding it and making their own version made it worst
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Drake has a higher ceiling (artistically) than J. Cole, but all this singing ? needs to stop. If Marvin's Room is any indication of what "Take Care" is gonna sound like, I might not even download it.

I think their 'ceilings' are about the same imo, Drake can sing, and J. Cole can produce. J. Cole is no Kanye from what i've heard, but then again Drake is no D'Angelo. And i say 'about' because Comeback Season is the best mixtape between Cole's and Drake's catalogue imo, Drake killed that ? . I cosign the bolded though.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Cole World cuz its gonna be all hip hop (no pun intended), no R&B filler like Take Care
  • THT KiD banned SMFH
    edited July 2011
    So far Gone was a game changer. Cole's mixtapes arent even mentioned in that same league.

Getwitcha[/QUOTE]

NAh man So far gone wasnt a game changer 808's was 40/40 took kaynes style, Drake took sean flow, kayne changed the game ? haha 4real
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Marvins Room was trash? o.0

Yall mfs buggin lol

Other than Joe Budden ,their my favorite ? in da game so im anticipatin both equally.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited July 2011
    Marvins Room was trash? o.0

Yall mfs buggin lol

Other than Joe Budden ,their my favorite ? in da game so im anticipatin both equally.
    '

how was it not trash...lyrically it was weak...subject matter was ? made (really you a grown man crying over some past love?)...content wise another drake song with too much empty space...unless you are a 16 year old girl there is no way you could think marvins room was anything other than trash..it wasnt even rap the thing that drake can actually do talently wise cause ? cant sing
  • daevion0
    daevion0 Members Posts: 207
    edited July 2011
    if workout is even in the bonus tracks on cole world take care wins by default. for some reason i think take care will be good........ maybe the best album this year. drake has already said that the labels forced his first album to be pop and that he will be aiming for more "hard core" rapping this time around. This ? even went as far to say that he hates making songs for the radio LMFAO. Weird thing is cole and drake would gladely switch places in a minute. cole desperately wants a hit single and drake wants to be respected more by the hip hop heads.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011

Basically.......... Really looking forward to both. Just more hyped for Sideline Story based on the fact that it will be 100% rap and it's cole's debut...
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Marvins room was trash tho, and then everyone dickriding it and making their own version made it worst

trust issues>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> marvin's room
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    daevion0 wrote: »
    if workout is even in the bonus tracks on cole world take care wins by default. for some reason i think take care will be good........ maybe the best album this year. drake has already said that the labels forced his first album to be pop and that he will be aiming for more "hard core" rapping this time around. This ? even went as far to say that he hates making songs for the radio LMFAO. Weird thing is cole and drake would gladely switch places in a minute. cole desperately wants a hit single and drake wants to be respected more by the hip hop heads.

I somewhat co-sign the first part of your post. "Work Out" shouldn't even make a mixtape, let alone an album.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited July 2011
    trust issues>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> marvin's room

any song from an R&B singer who can sing and write >>>>>>>>>>>> both

Drake has terrible R&B song writing skills but because hes drake adolecents go ga ga over the slow watered down lyrics. An usher, r kelly, trey songz write better than drake. Yeah i know sometimes they get help with songs but drake does the same type of song every time he sings other talented R&B writers mix up styles/subject matter etc. Since 2011 every drake R&B song is about some hoe playing him and making him look like a ? ...no variety at all
  • NickyBarnes6
    NickyBarnes6 Members Posts: 232
    edited July 2011
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    any song from an R&B singer who can sing and write >>>>>>>>>>>> both

Drake has terrible R&B song writing skills but because hes drake adolecents go ga ga over the slow watered down lyrics. An usher, r kelly, trey songz write better than drake. Yeah i know sometimes they get help with songs but drake does the same type of song every time he sings other talented R&B writers mix up styles/subject matter etc. Since 2011 every drake R&B song is about some hoe playing him and making him look like a ? ...no variety at all

and every rapper raps about ice, money, and hoes

what's your point?
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    yall lames opinions never reflect reality tho....lmaoooo
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited July 2011
    and every rapper raps about ice, money, and hoes

what's your point?

that is a generalization and if they do rap about money hoes and ice they at least switch things up. Song 1 might be a song about being so icy mid tempo song 2 might be about money up beat and fast and the 3rd song about hoes might be slow. Every drake song post so far gone consists of 3 sentences spread out slowly along 5 minutes of music. Where as a modern rap song has a paragraph a peice per verse or a modern R&B song is either slow with few words but deep meanings or is a song that is almost like a rap sung. Drake R&B wise is a 1 trick pony. Even the most cliche rapper has more tricks hip hop wise than drakes singing.
  • DayDay34
    DayDay34 Members Posts: 1,771
    edited July 2011
    yall lames opinions never reflect reality tho....lmaoooo

lol take care and it ain't even close. nobody gives a ? about j.cole offline. j.cole makes sleeping pill dry paint music
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    9/27 grab ya blankets
  • THT KiD banned SMFH
    edited July 2011