Age in the bible

2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
simple question.

why or how did people in the early bible live so long. Knowaday we only live to about 70-80 years old and the lucky one live to like 90-100.
but reading certain parts of the bible people live for hundred(S) of years. now unlike my last question in church...i decided to ask someone away from the croup this question...and i was told basically that back then they lived different and the sun and things was different.

it didnt make sense and as i pressed the person for clarity...i was told the continuing to read the bible will answer my questions.

well im not that far yet and need some help understanding...

please explain

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    pralims wrote: »
    simple question.

why or how did people in the early bible live so long. Knowaday we only live to about 70-80 years old and the lucky one live to like 90-100.
    but reading certain parts of the bible people live for hundred(S) of years. now unlike my last question in church...i decided to ask someone away from the croup this question...and i was told basically that back then they lived different and the sun and things was different.

it didnt make sense and as i pressed the person for clarity...i was told the continuing to read the bible will answer my questions.

please explain

Sin after Adam and Eve bit that apple is was a wrap so the years of life start shortening after Adam and Eve and years after years after years until Jacob who died at the age of 112 i believe, The Bible shows that and it stated that the average men and women life will be at 70 to 80 years which is in the psalms, i dont have the exact psalm at this point.

But the bless thing about, The Most High tell you how you can extend your life on earth
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    waterproof wrote: »
    Sin after Adam and Eve bit that album is was a wrap so the years of life start shortening, The Bible shows that and it stated that the average men and women life will be at 70 to 80 years which is in thr psalms, i dont have the exact psalm at this point.

But the bless thing about, The Most High tell you how you can extend your life on earth

Co-sign...plus most people putting to much junk in their bodies, shortening their life span.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Well, my guess as to why people lived centuries longer than we do now is to give time to populate the earth...could be wrong.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    There was also a dome over the earth. Like a protective shield. Even after the fall the world back than was a lot different place to live in than it is today. It was like a tropical place all around the globe. The waters above the earth acted as a shield to the UV rays of the sun. Plus man and animals were vegetarians. But than the flood came and ? released the waters from above and the waters from below. It rained for 40 days/40 nights and swept all of them away, except for Noah and those who were with him in the Arc; 8 souls all together.

Oh yeah and because mans wickedness was so great back then because they lived for so long, ? shortened his life span to 120. He's the boss. And we all got to answer to Him someday.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    There was also a dome over the earth. Like a protective shield. Even after the fall the world back than was a lot different place to live in than it is today. It was like a tropical place all around the globe. The waters above the earth acted as a shield to the UV rays of the sun. Plus man and animals were vegetarians. But than the flood came and ? released the waters from above and the waters from below. It rained for 40 days/40 nights and swept all of them away, except for Noah and those who were with him in the Arc; 8 souls all together.

Oh yeah and because mans wickedness was so great back then because they lived for so long, ? shortened his life span to 120. He's the boss. And we all got to answer to Him someday.

That dome as you call it still exists. There are actually seven layers of atmosphere. Good point about vegetarianism.

Also I am sure the quality of food was much more superior and nutritious and I assume they didn't have to eat all day and night to stave off hunger pangs from devitalized, demineralized, denatured food. Scientist have just recently done studies with control groups of mice where they controlled their diets. One group they fed five times a day, and the other group they fed once. The group that ate more was extremely overweight and suffered from ailment. While the other control group was much more lively and live on average 3 times as long as the other group.

Now about the wickedness, there has been a connection between the brain and the digestive system and scientists have made a coorelation that what affects one affects the other. A branch called orthomolecular psychiatry deals with this subject. You should peep.

Are you eating meat still?
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    The human body is magnificent and if we treat it right we can sustain and extend our days. It can even heal itself of many afflictions if we live and think right.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Are cats really trying to logically explain to this young man how it was possible for people to live hundreds of years?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Are cats really trying to logically explain to this young man how it was possible for people to live hundreds of years?
    Yes, yes they are.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Sin after Adam and Eve bit that apple is was a wrap so the years of life start shortening after Adam and Eve and years after years after years until Jacob who died at the age of 112 i believe, The Bible shows that and it stated that the average men and women life will be at 70 to 80 years which is in the psalms, i dont have the exact psalm at this point.

1. It wasn't an apple, couldn't have been.

2. How old were Adam and Eve when they bit the "fruit", had kids and died?

3. How come we haven't found ONE set of remains, or even partial, that tells us that being lived to be some crazy age?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Yes, yes they are.
    LOL. I wonder what that says about tribes/groups of people that have been living as hunter-gatherers for the past 20,000-40,000 years, eating pretty much the same types of food.

Why haven't those ? been living for hundreds of years?

Maybe they're excluded because their tribes/groups are older than the "Biblical age" of the Earth.

Lauce.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    To live over 100 is a big deal today, were out living our ancient ancestors easy. Average age back then was around 40, average age today is 80. So were not living less longer lives, we are longer lives and it's gonna continue. I remember them finding remains of someone who was old, no teeth old, and they were surprised he lived that long. What does that tell you? Also if there were so many living to be hundred of years old why haven't we found such remains that would show the evidence of aging like that?
  • waterproof
    edited July 2011
    VIBE86 wrote: »

2. How old were Adam and Eve when they bit the "fruit", had kids and died?

3. How come we haven't found ONE set of remains, or even partial, that tells us that being lived to be some crazy age?

1) you are right it wasn't an Apple the doctrine of men seeped through, it was a fruit a name wasn't given.

2) Um let me check Adam and Eve birth record?? but Adam died at 930 and man life was shorten every generation until Jacob who died at 112, but Psalms said a man average life is 70-80 years but, Yah told you how to live longer.

3) we just havent found them yet.

bu the question is you know That whatever Yah create, They can create right?? SO that mean That the Angels can Create and Man can create life. But angels dont have YAH'S spirit only man. And the bible states that their are other ? 's/Elohim but there is ONLY ONE TOP DOG/ELOHIM and his name is YAHUWAH.

JUST THINK ABOUT that and read Genesis again, I got to do more studying and research but we might know where the neanderthal came from and they might just breed with nephilim. I have to do more research. and get back at this later
  • waterproof
    edited July 2011
    To live over 100 is a big deal today, were out living our ancient ancestors easy. Average age back then was around 40, average age today is 80. So were not living less longer lives, we are longer lives and it's gonna continue. I remember them finding remains of someone who was old, no teeth old, and they were surprised he lived that long. What does that tell you? Also if there were so many living to be hundred of years old why haven't we found such remains that would show the evidence of aging like that?

you have to know that there are to sets of man, Civilize man and uncivilize man. Some men is from the linage of Adam and had YAH LAWS and some man are from the devil and fallen angles that dont have YAH spirit and ate raw animals and ate each other, eat their own ? and all types of things so yeah some died at the age of 40
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of ? came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." Genesis 6:4

Goliath was the most famous giant that lived "after that." If we found his skeleton it would look way different than a normal human skeleton, due to his over sized proportions. All though there are stories of skeletal remains that have been found which were gigantic. But of course the "? of this world" censors that type of information from mainstream and public record. You have to go digging in order to find true wisdom. And of course that can only be done when you search for that pearl of great price, and when you find it you sell everything you have and then you buy it! Thank ? that it's already been bought for us though. Hallelujah! You got your shovel?
  • toomy
    toomy Members Posts: 369
    edited July 2011
    pralims wrote: »
    simple question.

please explain

? purposely degregated his body(s) to live a short life span to bring forth a new type of person that would be short lived. This short lived person would bring about sin to this world for 6,000 years. Previously when ? incarnated on Earth the body would last 7,000 years. Why would ? do this? Because ? is perfect and he/she wanted to know what it was like to be imperfect.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of ? came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." Genesis 6:4

Goliath was the most famous giant that lived "after that." If we found his skeleton it would look way different than a normal human skeleton, due to his over sized proportions. All though there are stories of skeletal remains that have been found which were gigantic. But of course the "? of this world" censors that type of information from mainstream and public record. You have to go digging in order to find true wisdom. And of course that can only be done when you search for that pearl of great price, and when you find it you sell everything you have and then you buy it! Thank ? that it's already been bought for us though. Hallelujah! You got your shovel?

If there was a find like that the world would know, there isn't. Maybe "possible" finds that later turned out to be not so, which is why they don't speak of it.

@BA something you just came up with?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    If there was a find like that the world would know, there isn't. Maybe "possible" finds that later turned out to be not so, which is why they don't speak of it.

@BA something you just came up with?

2hz6zp1.jpg

The world wont show you this because they rather show you a bone from a chimp and say it's our long lost ancestor. SMH.
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    if u decide to live your life from the areas of your brain programmed by your childhood environment, past experiences and other instructional downloads, the data base of the viruses and bacteria will activate and re establish the consciousness of a single cell organism.... when this happens the primordial conscious devoted to thriving will usually dominate and the bacteria, viruses and fungi will take over the body.
    WE as humans identify this as infection and in our ignor ance begin to poison ourselves/cells

when u judge and think in the mode of : lack, shame, fear, guilt, neediness, dependency jealousy and hate, you initiate the process of creating mundane blood.. the Khemistry of the blood becomes that which supports a more primitive type of life form..the viruses and bacteria are then activated into action/life because we have begun to think like they think. primitive..

your primitive/primordial thinking has begun to create a frequency of thought that activates the consciousness of primitive life forms.. everything has a specific frequency. thinking emanates a stream of Inner G that causes all matter to begin to resonate with the Inner G of our thinking. The quality of thoughts you create and sustain determines your frequency.. whats on your mind
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    someone told me its because there was alot more water in the atmosphere at the time which also helped people grow into the giants you hear about from the past. and the flood was what made that water go away. but that dude was a little crazy
  • waterproof
    edited July 2011
    if u decide to live your life from the areas of your brain programmed by your childhood environment, past experiences and other instructional downloads, the data base of the viruses and bacteria will activate and re establish the consciousness of a single cell organism.... when this happens the primordial conscious devoted to thriving will usually dominate and the bacteria, viruses and fungi will take over the body.
    WE as humans identify this as infection and in our ignor ance begin to poison ourselves/cells

when u judge and think in the mode of : lack, shame, fear, guilt, neediness, dependency jealousy and hate, you initiate the process of creating mundane blood.. the Khemistry of the blood becomes that which supports a more primitive type of life form..the viruses and bacteria are then activated into action/life because we have begun to think like they think. primitive..

your primitive/primordial thinking has begun to create a frequency of thought that activates the consciousness of primitive life forms.. everything has a specific frequency. thinking emanates a stream of Inner G that causes all matter to begin to resonate with the Inner G of our thinking. The quality of thoughts you create and sustain determines your frequency.. whats on your mind

SHALOM to my scientific inclined BROTHER, can you break that down, lol
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    SHALOM to my scientific inclined BROTHER, can you break that down, lol

our bodies exist because of the primordial cells of life..the bacteria, fungus, and viruses surrendered their Will (consciousness) to allow us to live out our will and desires. the existence of your body is built upon the cells of primordial organisms. when u stop thinking as a higher evolved organism ( so-called ? ) and begin to think primordial ( single cell organism) our evolved tissue structure begins to dismantle itself and the Will of the dormant organisms, now becomes the active organism again,.= DE-Differentiation .

SHALOM
  • And Step
    edited July 2011

Scripture doesn't say it was an apple. It was an allegory for a false doctrine or corrupted knowledge that they should have stayed from.
    How old were Adam and Eve when they bit the "fruit", had kids and died?

Once again, this is allegory. Adam and Eve represent a specific type of man. A new man if you will. Go study some ancient prophecies of the indigenous peoples of the Earth and you will see a common recurring theme about a new man bringing in a new way of life.
    How come we haven't found ONE set of remains, or even partial, that tells us that being lived to be some crazy age?

I don't know, I haven't found my wallet that I left in O'hare Airport bathroom a couple months ago. ? kind of question is that?
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Are we talking about 16 foot giants? Average height back then was probably 4'9"..... Those "giants" may have been like more like 6'2".... If the majority of people are 4'9" of course they would consider 6'2" people giants.........
  • waterproof
    edited July 2011
    TheIraq wrote: »
    Are we talking about 16 foot giants? Average height back then was probably 4'9"..... Those "giants" may have been like more like 6'2".... If the majority of people are 4'9" of course they would consider 6'2" people giants.........

Numbers 13:31 But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.

13:32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.

13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight

that dont sound like 4'9 lookin up to 6'2, Isarel consider themselves Grasshoppers to those Giants, and those Giants were eating humans and animals and all type of ? .