Official EVO 2011 Thread: LET'S GOOO!!!

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I hope Daigo switches back to Ryu if they do right by him in the SSF4 AE rebalance patch

I know they about to nerf the ? outta Yun

Yuns wack defensive options were on display right there, ? got blew up once he got knocked down by Poongko and Latif
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2011
    How much Mula Fuudo make? Congrats to him beating a mega choker lol

had to be at least $15,000 probably more

Revelations was a $10,000 ? and it wasnt anywhere near as big

EVO keeps getting bigger every year, I saw 82,000 viewer count on the stream and 1 million viewers over the whole weekend
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I hope Daigo switches back to Ryu if they do right by him in the SSF4 AE rebalance patch

I know they about to nerf the ? outta Yun

Yuns wack defensive options were on display right there, ? got blew up once he got knocked down by Poongko and Latif

a 4th revision?
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    a 4th revision?

Nah, probably just a patch via download.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    had to be at least $15,000 probably more

Revelations was a $10,000 ? and it wasnt anywhere near as big

EVO keeps getting bigger every year, I saw 82,000 viewer count on the stream and 1 million viewers over the whole weekend

How much was 1st place worth in each game? Did the SF tourney bring out the most bread?
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2011
    How much was 1st place worth in each game? Did the SF tourney bring out the most bread?

Yea SF4 had the most entrants , MVC3 was second
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2011
    a 4th revision?

Yea Ono announced it and confirmed it , its free

Free Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition balance patch coming
    Posted by Catalyst on July 30, 2011 at 4:07 p.m.
    Free Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition balance patch coming At a EVO 2011 panel, Capcom's Yoshinori Ono announced that they've begun working on balance changes for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition.

Capcom USA signed off on the patch and they will be testing balance changes it select locations in arcades in the future.

This will not cost any money, it'll be a free download, when it's released on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Ono wants to take his time balancing this, and according to Seth Killian it will be available in the fall or winter time.

Ono said since he's announcing this, he's asking people to please tone down all of the bad language and insults on his Twitter account.

0730_ssf4ae.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2011
    lol one of the funniest things that happened at EVO

• imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    So this ? beat Daigo AND Poongko....but he didn't win the tournament...wtf.

Good try tho....choking ass ? lol

he plays viper, his game is predicated on ex seismo and hp thunder knuckles when he's under pressure of course he's going to lose to fuudo, he's a virtua fighter player, he makes good reads. He couldn't get any ex seismo to start up vipers stupid pressure game and fell apart.

I think vipers a stupid character, but I was rooting for krone. Even if only because Latif is a ? . Good ? to him though.
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited August 2011
    lol he random as hell he would get bodied by Daiho and Tokido in a longer set, he aint even ? wit Banana Ken, BK already exposed him

lol you have to be random in sf4...the game doesnt have enough options for you to NOT be predictable

it's only a matter of time before latif becomes at least a top 5 sf player...and im not just saying this because hes a gg player

but because 1 (and this is really obvious) he's a total nerd with probably nothing better to do, and 2... he's an execution genius
  • imm0rt4l
    edited August 2011
    banana ken didn't body poongko, ? was pretty even.
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2011
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    banana ken didn't body poongko, ? was pretty even.

Nah I meant BK bodied Latif in at FT10 online, exposed him bad, Latif is a reversal masher. Banana Ken OS'd him to death Latif doesnt know how to block

All Viper players play like that though
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2011
    Balance changes for SSF4 Arcade Edition titled 'Version 2012'
    Posted by Catalyst on Aug. 1, 2011 at 7:14 a.m.

0801_v2012.jpg

Balance changes for SSF4 Arcade Edition titled 'Version 2012' On Capcom Japan's website they stated the upcoming balance changes for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition will add a few extras words onto the already long title, making it "Version 2012."

Besides making it more of a chore for blog authors to type out, this update will add several balance changes to the game, and it's due out in the fall or winter time. You can check out previously reported details here.

Ono also mentioned that a location test for the updated version will be held in major Japanese cities towards the end of summer. Yoshinori also reiterated on Twitter that this is just a retune and won't be a new game.

Spotted by Me9alodon_High, Royta, xtherisingsunx and Ether, via AndriaSang.
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2011
    Sym_ wrote: »
    lol you have to be random in sf4...the game doesnt have enough options for you to NOT be predictable

it's only a matter of time before latif becomes at least a top 5 sf player...and im not just saying this because hes a gg player

but because 1 (and this is really obvious) he's a total nerd with probably nothing better to do, and 2... he's an execution genius

lol execution is probably the thing you need the least to be good in this game, Alex Valle and John Choi cant link anything if their life depended on it

They still make it far in tournaments just off their footsies/fundamentals/spacing
  • Sym_
    edited August 2011
    lol execution is probably the thing you need the least to be good in this game, Alex Valle and John Choi cant link anything if their life depended on it

They still make it far in tournaments just off their footsies/fundamentals/spacing

lol then why is he getting so far?

execution goes a long way

these dudes have literally over a decade of experience in sf over latif and hes beating ? legends?

explain that, you dont beat daigo and tokido just by mashing reversal randomly
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2011
    lol then why is he getting so far?

execution goes a long way

these dudes have literally over a decade of experience in sf over latif and hes beating ? legends?

explain that, you dont beat daigo and tokido just by mashing reversal randomly

lol he beat them because Viper isnt a Street FIghter character, shes not even playing the same game. All he did was go nuts with burn kicks which are extremely hard to block (And they are safe on block for some stupid reason) and shes the only character that hasnt been nerfed in ANY version of SF4

Flash Metroid who is the best US Viper said the same thing on SRK he doesnt respect other Viper players, thats why he dropped the character, its not worth playing solid with her when you can just go nuts and be random as hell and have a better chance at winning
  • Sym_
    edited August 2011
    lol thats the lamest excuse i've ever heard

flash metroid is probably dropping viper because he's been ducking latif ever since GG, at sb3 he rigged the brackets to avoid fighting him

being random in sf4 pays off a lot for various reasons, blame that on capcom, why block when there are so many reversal options that lead into huge damage

i find it funny how so many people see flaws in this game but everyone plays it
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2011
    Daigo vs Poongko hypest moment of the tournament just off Poongkos entrance lol
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2011
    lol thats the lamest excuse i've ever heard

flash metroid is probably dropping viper because he's been ducking latif ever since GG, at sb3 he rigged the brackets to avoid fighting him

being random is sf4 pays off a lot for various reasons, blame that on capcom, why block when there are so many reversal options that lead into huge damage

i find it funny how so many people see flaws in this game but everyone plays it

lol pretty much everybody that plays the game at a high level agrees on Viper, she wasnt made to be in a SF game

http://samjkim.wordpress.com/2010/12/28/gods-garden-x-4gamer-interview-ae-first-impressions-22/

KSK: Which match up do you hate the most?

Tokido: …Definitely C. Viper. I’ve always hated her. She has [a vortex?], Akuma’s setups aren’t as effective against her, and it’s hard to run away.

Mago: She’s really strong. She hasn’t changed at all, so she’s pretty dangerous now.

KSK: No nerfs?

Nemo: Nope. As for buffs, maybe a bigger hitbox on Burning Dance [Ultra 2].

KSK: Buff? Damn, she’s really good then (laughs).

Mago: But no one uses that Ultra anyway. It’s her Ultra 1 that’s too powerful. So much damage.

Hiropon: It’s to the point where I don’t understand why they haven’t nerfed it.

Any strong console players making their arcade debut?

Nemo: I saw a console player at Safari recently. I think that’s really cool that they’re coming out.

Hiropon: And that person was from out of town. It’s amazing that he came all the way to Ikeburo to play.

Mago: There’s a lot of console players. I see a lot of gamer tags I used to see online. Although most of them are Viper players. Goes to show how broken she is.

(Everyone laughs)

KSK: Wow you really hate Viper (laughs).
  • Sym_
    edited August 2011
    what is the problem with her exactly?
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Bcotton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • imm0rt4l
    edited August 2011
    Nah I meant BK bodied Latif in at FT10 online, exposed him bad, Latif is a reversal masher. Banana Ken OS'd him to death Latif doesnt know how to block

All Viper players play like that though

Oh, yea I remember that. And yea I agree vipers don't know how to block, unfortunately they don't have to, it's ? stupid.
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2011
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    Oh, yea I remember that. And yea I agree vipers don't know how to block, unfortunately they don't have to, it's ? stupid.

lol they dont even have to tech throws, mash that lk burn kick & ex seismo during blockstrings
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Blame MarlinPie!!
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I'm watching the MK GFinal,

Carl had that looked like he was about to go through "MK Nationals" all over again after that reset. Good to see he gathered himself and went back to basics and take the crown.