JayZ or Plies???

Options
H-Rap 180
H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Face Off Forum
A lot of talk about JayZ in revered tones, it's like he has an aura that his fans are drawn to and they consider him a deity. As a human being he sold ? to poison his community, shot his blood brother over jewelry and possibly sold ? to his own mother

However he seems to be respected and worshipped by many fans.

A lot of people talk about Plies in a disrespectful manner, it's like he has a stigma attached to him that his detractors despise. As a human being he graduated high school and went to college to become a medical assistant, a job to help the sick and ailing people in his community.

However he seems to be disrespected and ridiculed by many fans.

Who do you respect more criminals or civilians and is genocide a prerequisite for your respect?

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I always ridiculed Plies because he is college educated and but rather come off as ignorant, and it doesn't help that his music sucks. I don't consider Hov a deity, nor do i respect Plies as a Hip-Hop artist.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I always ridiculed Plies because he is college educated and but rather come off as ignorant, and it doesn't help that his music sucks. I don't consider Hov a deity, nor do i respect Plies as a Hip-Hop artist.

I actually think Plies articulates himself well in his interviews.

Do you respect drug dealers over medical professionals?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    I actually think Plies articulates himself well in his interviews.

Do you respect drug dealers over medical professionals?

Well that's just the vibe i get from his music, i never felt compelled to watch any of his interviews.

Of course not, medical professionals help those in need while drug dealers usually just help themselves.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    plies went to college to become a medical assistant? i never knew that
    so since he's so intelligent, why does he claim to be a goon and make ignorant ass music?
    thats probably why he gets disrespected by fans
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I give a ? about either one of them
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I respect both of them. Plies music is wack, but he is always giving back. It's atleast 5 videos of him paying for a fan's college tuition
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well the roles are reversed

One got college educated and behaves ig'nant

The other dealt with street life and now works in the corporate world

Props to them both
  • H-Rap 180
    edited July 2011
    Options
    plies went to college to become a medical assistant? i never knew that
    so since he's so intelligent, why does he claim to be a goon and make ignorant ass music?
    thats probably why he gets disrespected by fans

I think the type of music he makes caters to people who live that lifestyle or been around others who lived that lifestyle or they relate to his music on a sonic level.

I'm not sure if advanced education would disqualify him from Goonery considering Suge Knight went to College and his Goon hand is legendary.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    I respect both of them. Plies music is wack, but he is always giving back. It's atleast 5 videos of him paying for a fan's college tuition

Plies music overall docent appeal to me but I have a comrade who ? with his music and I like a few of his songs but every time I here him in the news he's giving back to his community yet I hear people on Blogs say they hate him for being educated.
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    A lot of talk about JayZ in revered tones, it's like he has an aura that his fans are drawn to and they consider him a deity. As a human being he sold ? to poison his community, shot his blood brother over jewelry and possibly sold ? to his own mother

However he seems to be respected and worshipped by many fans.

A lot of people talk about Plies in a disrespectful manner, it's like he has a stigma attached to him that his detractors despise. As a human being he graduated high school and went to college to become a medical assistant, a job to help the sick and ailing people in his community.

However he seems to be disrespected and ridiculed by many fans.

Who do you respect more criminals or civilians and is genocide a prerequisite for your respect?

He didnt sell ? to his mom. i hope ur not usin' you must love me as a resource
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There's room in the game for both.
    After I heard the Plies songs "On my ? " and "Kept it too Real" I been checking for his ? .
    But I seen that interview where he was speaking like Bryant Gumbel and ? a few years back , I don't know how to post videos but he was doing the lil BET Making the Video show.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited July 2011
    Options
    CapitalC wrote: »
    There's room in the game for both.
    After I heard the Plies songs "On my ? " and "Kept it too Real" I been checking for his ? .
    But I seen that interview where he was speaking like Bryant Gumbel and ? a few years back , I don't know how to post videos but he was doing the lil BET Making the Video show.

"Why they hate us so much"
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'd have to be physically forced to listen to a plies album, on some clockwork orange ? with my ears taped open. Jigga on the other hand is one of the nicest rappers ever.

I don't care about their backgrounds particularly but wasn't it Plies who's entourage opened fire on an audience and hit a bunch of innocent black bystanders?
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Difference for me is that Jay evolved, Plies devolved.
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Plies never graduated college..

He speaks of being a goon bcuz he was around his brother who really did that ? ..

Continue thread..
  • H-Rap 180
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Plies never graduated college..

He speaks of being a goon bcuz he was around his brother who really did that ? ..

Continue thread..

Were does it say he graduated from College??

Are you friends with his brother?
  • thatni99ajahmal
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Were does it say he graduated from College??

Are you friends with his brother?

Your right you didnt say graduate my bad..

Naw they from Ft Meyers westside of Florida but everyone i know from that side of Florida knows his brother is/was really about that life..
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Theres alot that i dont like about Jay because i question his Loyalty and feel that he's a selfish dude. I will admit that i respect that he came from the same place that i came from and he made it out and went on to become one of the biggest stars in Entertainment.

Plies i respect because of the Lyrics in his music and by alot of the acts he performs as a well known artist. He does things like pay for strangers College tuition, gave away his jewelry at one of his shows and have set up funds for people to go visit their families that are incarcerated. He doesnt have 1/4 of the money Jay has yet it seems he genuinely care and has seemed to try and help more people then him.

Plies catches a bad rap because of the way he talks, and dress so he's perceived as an ignorant Thug.

I've lived a street life so i could never talk down about another man thats also lived it but living a street life is not what i respect. Being real to yourself and not tryna be something that your not is what i respect. When in a position to help someone taking that initiative to reach back and help others, gains my whole-hearted respect.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Your right you didnt say graduate my bad..

Naw they from Ft Meyers westside of Florida but everyone i know from that side of Florida knows his brother is/was really about that life..

Big Gates right?

I guess if it's in the family it's legit, blood is the best co-sign.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I give a ? about either one of them

• thatni99ajahmal
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Big Gates right?

I guess if it's in the family it's legit, blood is the best co-sign.

Yea thats his older brother..
    I think that was his whole point of naming his last album Goon Affliated bcuz he might not have been the baddest ? on the but he was with the baddest on the block doing the same ? ..
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ya'll do know college boys is just as buck and ignorant as your local neighborhood drug dealer, you ? obviously never been to an HBCU for any amount of time or purpose, you might as well be at a ? club, and before somebody come through and say "college boy post", yes I am a college boy, I barely graduated high school, but I be damned if I don't finish college, I bet no ? aint gon ? wit me doe. If ? come up in the hood you have a hood mentality regardless of how smart you are or how much you apply your self to what you are trying to accomplish, I'm from the hood it ain't no Boyz n the hood, menace 2 society, ? gettin shot everyday type ? , but it's a predominately black neighborhood full of poverty, drugs, alcohol, violence, and broken homes, I ain't gotta flex for nobody, ? can't even see my face, and I'm sure Plies come from the hood too, you can hear it in his voice, you can only pretend for so long.
    Hood does not equal dumb.
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    jay-z makes great music but i've never really liked him as a person.

plies makes bad music and the fact that he has been to college and is a "medical professional" makes it worse because that means he is faking his persona, making it cool to be stupid.

but i respect plies more because of the simple fact that jay-z wore sandals with jeans
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Respect Hov as a rapper/entertainer, he may be a real ? person, but i'm not looking for dude to be my best friend or do ? for me but make good music....respect Plies as a person...But why does Plies portray the "sterotypical black male" in his music?? High School grad, College educated, yet he wants people to believe that he's a goon, a thug, etc....I don't get it.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited July 2011
    Options
    SupremeXXV wrote: »
    Respect Hov as a rapper/entertainer, he may be a real ? person, but i'm not looking for dude to be my best friend or do ? for me but make good music....respect Plies as a person...But why does Plies portray the "sterotypical black male" in his music?? High School grad, College educated, yet he wants people to believe that he's a goon, a thug, etc....I don't get it.

When you talk about "stereotypical black male" are you referring to JayZ selling Heroin on American Gangsta or the misogynistic JayZ on Big Pimpin?

...are you talking about the JayZ that rapped about having intercourse with one of his rivals ex-girlfriend and leaving a condom on his rivals daughters baby-seat (no ? ).