Peyton Manning or Tom Brady ?

Options
JUXcaptainHOOK
JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
edited August 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Personally I go with Peyton... 4 MVPs (5 including the SB) ... 2nd all time 300 yard passing games (breaking it this year), most comebacks in the 4 quarter EVER (44 plus) ... Most wins inna decade 110 plus, yes thats more than the Cowboys in the 90's.... Best QB-WR combo (Peyton-Harrison) ... 2nd most starts in history ... And just basically how he manages the games, he's really like the coach of the Indianapolis Colts.... He does it all on some LeBron on the Cavs type ? ...

Brady is nice, but that whole SPY GATE ? really made me think other wise, and his Coach is one of if not thee best in the NFL ...

And when you add everything up, Peyton Manning just does more for his team than Brady does for his in my opinion....

Who ya going with?

Comments

• Jeezyfan4ever
    Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    wrong, Brady. P. Manning is overrated
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    is the New "Lebron Vs Kobe" movement??

cuz this type of thread is starting to be beat to death.
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    edited July 2011
    Options

lol im starting to think u ? dont even know what overrated means anymore
  • Rondo9Rajon
    Rondo9Rajon Members Posts: 49
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Most TDs in a single season while also having a year with the greatest TD to Interception ratio. Did we all forget pick six peyton in the Super Bowl? First uni MVP as well.
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Most TDs in a single season while also having a year with the greatest TD to Interception ratio. Did we all forget pick six peyton in the Super Bowl? First uni MVP as well.

im guessing your forgetting the Perfect Patriots too right? oh ok
  • Rondo9Rajon
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Also Manning has had much better weapons since their draft day so looking at raw passing statistics is foolish. Brady had nobody last season on offense and still won an MVP.
  • Rondo9Rajon
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Where he lead his team with the go ahead TD while Manning threw a pick six.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This ? again?

Smh
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Also Manning has had much better weapons since their draft day so looking at raw passing statistics is foolish. Brady had nobody last season on offense and still won an MVP.

good WRs or having film exposing the other teams plans, hmmm tough one ....
  • Rondo9Rajon
    edited July 2011
    Options
    good WRs or having film exposing the other teams plans, hmmm tough one ....

Brady has two MVPs post spygate with a better win percentage.

Listen to Bill Cowher

Cowher seems to absolve the Patriots for any wrongdoing.

"Listen, there's people stealing signals all the time before that," Cowher said. "You have ways to hide those things. We had wristbands for our defense. I remember trying to get offensive plays and see what the formations were. Everybody knows.

"You're trying to gain a competitive edge. Did that go beyond it? To a degree. Do I think that helped them win football games? No. You still have to go out and play the game. I still have a hard time believing that was a difference in a game."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/10084/cowher-patriots-are-team-of-decade
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Brady has two MVPs post spygate with a better win percentage.

Listen to Bill Cowher

Cowher seems to absolve the Patriots for any wrongdoing.

"Listen, there's people stealing signals all the time before that," Cowher said. "You have ways to hide those things. We had wristbands for our defense. I remember trying to get offensive plays and see what the formations were. Everybody knows.

"You're trying to gain a competitive edge. Did that go beyond it? To a degree. Do I think that helped them win football games? No. You still have to go out and play the game. I still have a hard time believing that was a difference in a game."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/10084/cowher-patriots-are-team-of-decade

Ur missing one point.... post spy gate how many rings do they have? 0 ... I rest my case
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Peyton Manning way sick.
  • Rondo9Rajon
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ur missing one point.... post spy gate how many rings do they have? 0 ... I rest my case

They were a fluke catch away from winning it. They have won their division twice after while making it to a Super Bowl. Going 14-2 and 16-0. Are you serious?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options

bruh.........
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They were a fluke catch away from winning it. They have won their division twice after while making it to a Super Bowl. Going 14-2 and 16-0. Are you serious?

and? like i said how many rings do they have post spy gate? ... NONE, ZIP, ZILTCH ... who cares about 14-2, how many times have the Colts had that record at the end of the season? i lost count
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Man wtf, there was a million page thread on this ? like last week smh...anyway, for the record Brady>>>Peyton
  • Rondo9Rajon
    edited July 2011
    Options
    and? like i said how many rings do they have post spy gate? ... NONE, ZIP, ZILTCH ... who cares about 14-2, how many times have the Colts had that record at the end of the season? i lost count

So Brady gets no credit for Regular season success but Manning's made a career off of his? You do realise winning a Super Bowl is in single elimination format right? Sometimes the other team catches a break. They have made the playoffs with Brady since and have dominated 90% of the teams they face. Nothing has changed all they do is win.
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So Brady gets no credit for Regular season success but Manning's made a career off of his? You do realise winning a Super Bowl is in single elimination format right? Sometimes the other team catches a break. They have made the playoffs with Brady since and have dominated 90% of the teams they face. Nothing has changed all they do is win.

but then again u picking Brady cuz of those 3 spy gate rings... u take that out what u got? ? .... u got 0 rings to peytons 1
  • Rondo9Rajon
    edited July 2011
    Options
    but then again u picking Brady cuz of those 3 spy gate rings... u take that out what u got? ? .... u got 0 rings to peytons 1

I will still take the two greatest regular seasons Brady had over whatever Manning has done. He was gifted two MVPs and threw more interceptions than touchdowns during his Super Bowl run.
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I will still take the two greatest regular seasons Brady had over whatever Manning has done. He was gifted two MVPs and threw more interceptions than touchdowns during his Super Bowl run.

u have 2 really good seasons Brady had, 14-2, 16-0 ... count how many times the colts had a 14-2, 13-3 record... almost every year except last years injury prone season. Peyton has the most wins inna decade EVER IN NFL HISTORY and ur telling me Bradys regular seasons minus the 3 spy gate rings are better than Peytons?
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Peyton has been better but he had surgery so Tom right now
  • Rondo9Rajon
    edited July 2011
    Options
    u have 2 really good seasons Brady had, 14-2, 16-0 ... count how many times the colts had a 14-2, 13-3 record... almost every year except last years injury prone season. Peyton has the most wins inna decade EVER IN NFL HISTORY and ur telling me Bradys regular seasons minus the 3 spy gate rings are better than Peytons?

Two of the best seasons in NFL history. Once Brady had a Marvin Harrison he shattered records. Manning has had Wayne+Harrison for the majority of his career. The stats are inflated. Then the next season when Moss leaves he doesn't throw an interception for 300 plus passes while winning another MVP.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    is the New "Lebron Vs Kobe" movement??

cuz this type of thread is starting to be beat to death.
    You're obviously new to the IC cuz this thread has been made a million times....
    wrong, Brady

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Lock this. It's been done mad recently

and cuz this

doesn't match his picture very well. Where's 2012 when you finally want him around?
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

you'll soon find out its a lot of idiots in the cheapseats calling elite players overrated.

lock this thread btw