The way the eagles are shunning desean how long is it before he demands to be traded?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
u got a dude who was responsible for alot of their key victories last season basically getting the stepchild treatment .... how long will he put up with it before demanded to be traded ?

Comments

• Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this thread is dumb. he's gonna get more money after this holdout.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    he would never give money back if he didn't play up to his current contract or any future contract
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

he's gonna get more regardless ? .... the question is with what team because philly is reaching the brink .
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't see'em going anywhere. But I honestly don't see them being able to pay him the kind of money he wants AND giving Vick the kind of contract he deserves (that is, if Vick has the kind of season that Egal fans act like he will.)

People fail to realize that most long term contract are about NEXT year, not this year. The eagles might be choppin' players left and right next year like the Ravens and Cowboys did this year.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    with the new cba he aint going anywhere, I think we'll pay him, he deserves it and he's waited long enough
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

yup... this is true
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Smh @ ? acting like the Eagles wasn't holding off on paying Desean until after they signed Nnamdi, this ? has done nothing but produce since he's been an Eagle, they WILL pay him...who's out there that can replace what he does?
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    with santonio getting that big contract, desean definitely gonna get his.......
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They aren't paying him this year and they don't have to either thanks to the new CBA.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Isn't this the last year of his rookie deal? He's going to come up soon.....

Not like he's not being paid already....compared to regular ? at least.....lol
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Isn't this the last year of his rookie deal? He's going to come up soon.....

Not like he's not being paid already....compared to regular ? at least.....lol

Yea but when you play above your contract like that it's almost expected that guys are gonna sit out

cuz in Football careers are so short that you gotta get your money when you can, u just never know whats gonna happen on the field, yea $400,000 may be a lot to us....but for someone thats in the top 5 statistics it's not at all , it's damn near chump change for that production

You gotta get it while you can in Football, ? ends so quick in that sport at any given moment....
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How are they shunning him? By giving him teammates that can help them win?

? , stop postin'. Desean gon' get his paper.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lolol ? in here acting like its a known fact that the Eagles are gonna pay him big money......actin like Vincent Jackson and Logan Mankins didn't just sit out more than half season, or like Chris Johnson didnt have his contract restructured last season before he went to camp (still didnt give him enough which is why he's also holding out.)

They're gonna need to cut Asante Samuel unless hes gonna be willing to restructure his deal.....If they wait too long or if he feels like they're not tryna pay him enough he can definitely demand a trade and I hope that happens lol
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hey Asante and Desean , come and play for Detroit !!!
  • young chad
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hey Asante and Desean , come and play for CAROLINA !!!

Fixed and quoted for emphasis
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If Desean misses any games and/or Asante is traded or cut -- that will offset anything else the Eagles did in the offseason, IMO.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    First off the front office has said that they wanted to talk with Desean about his contract at the end of this season. Secondly the Eagles front office actually THINKS about deals so they ALWAYS got paper stashed away. They also don't have to cut asante or anyone notable. I forgot who it was but someone said that they could cut Josalio and some other dude I'm forgetting right now. Plus the eagles ALWAYS lock up their young talent so Desean not going anywhere cuz
  • young chad
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? 's should just go in, ball out, and leave...this new CBA is NOT player friendly on the backend lol....I guess him and Chris Johnson didn't read over the fine print...so not only will he be paying the Eagles for his hold out, he wont even be a free agent next year if he doesnt report to camp in 12 days...

36.gif
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    from a gm/owners viewpoint I wouldnt pay him until after his deal is up. thats the point cheap greatness for as long as u can keep him. He will get his money next yr. with that said Jackson is small and if he gets hurt before he gets his deal itll suck
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    young chad wrote: »
    ? 's should just go in, ball out, and leave...this new CBA is NOT player friendly on the backend lol....I guess him and Chris Johnson didn't read over the fine print...so not only will he be paying the Eagles for his hold out, he wont even be a free agent next year if he doesnt report to camp in 12 days...

36.gif

That is some ol' gangsta ? . Add that in with the new Rookie Food-stamp scale -- And I'm not sure if the players really won out chea....
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well im a say this... if the Eagles dont have Desean they not ? .. with Vick AND nnamdi .. without Desean their offense is NOTHING
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hey Asante and Desean , come and play for Detroit !!!

I LOL'd.

Food, air, and water barely want to play in Detroit.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yea but when you play above your contract like that it's almost expected that guys are gonna sit out

cuz in Football careers are so short that you gotta get your money when you can, u just never know whats gonna happen on the field, yea $400,000 may be a lot to us....but for someone thats in the top 5 statistics it's not at all , it's damn near chump change for that production

You gotta get it while you can in Football, ? ends so quick in that sport at any given moment....

I know, I was just making a reference of him being "underpaid" to regular ? money lol. Cause I know my regular-ass would feel like a boss making half a million annually lol. But the money he is getting is damn near minimum wage by NFL standards, and he's doing too much not to be paid better....
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well im a say this... if the Eagles dont have Desean they not ? .. with Vick AND nnamdi .. without Desean their offense is NOTHING

Really? The IC and Michael Irvin need to get off of Desean Jackson's ?