Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    the same could be said for alot of teams tho

? , in today's NFL the top 15 teams have a shot to go to the Super Bowl if the right things fall into place.

But let's be real, nobody can front like a non-championship year is "epic failure" if you didn't see that team winning it all in the first place.

For example, how could I clown a Panthers fan for not winning the Super Bowl this year if I would've laughed about the chances of them even making the playoffs back in July?
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? , in today's NFL the top 15 teams have a shot to go to the Super Bowl if the right things fall into place.

But let's be real, nobody can front like a non-championship year is "epic failure" if you didn't see that team winning it all in the first place.

For example, how could I clown a Panthers fan for not winning the Super Bowl this year if I would've laughed about the chances of them even making the playoffs back in July?

Yeah I agree. But I don't think people should single out the eagles when you got teams
    With similar expectations like the Pats, Packers, Steelers, Jets, etc...
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah I agree. But I don't think people should single out the eagles when you got teams
    With similar expectations like the Pats, Packers, Steelers, Jets, etc...

Tru. I'm just sayin' that if you wasn't picking them to win in July, don't try to clown in February. Word to the 2010 Falcons.
  • Darius
    edited July 2011
    Options
    inspired by the post above

If you pick the eagles to win and they don't; it doesn't mean the eagles choked, it means your sports knowledge is lacking
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol. really???

8-8 or 9-7 you have no offensive line... have no steady consitent reliable runnig game... Romo coming off an injury. Your defense aside from Ware and at times Spencer is suspect. Ratliff by everyone who watched him made pro bowl off rep than production. Your secondary is trash and might have the worst starting safties in the division. Wideouts and Tight End is your best units but again with no consistent running game and a suspect o line that can only take you so far.

Yall went 6-10 last year and with most of your team healthy ya was 1-6. No major upgrades at your weakest positions. As a Giants fan I aint worried bout the boys every year the media and u fans dickride the ? outta them and every year yall dont do ? .

Like I said its Eagles and Giants for the division. With Eagles heavy favorites.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

If you pick the eagles to win and they don't; it doesn't mean the eagles choked, it means your sports knowledge is lacking

Word........
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options

So sports knowledge can predict a super bowl at the beginning of the season these days? Whoever it is that has the ultimate sports knowledge is somewhere out there killin Vegas and It aint none of the "experts" we know about or anybody on here.
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The bolded is the only holes we have. Other than that, the Eagles looking strong this year.

QB - Donovan McNabb (2004)
    QB - Michael Vick (2011)

RB - Brian Westbrook (2004)
    RB - Lesean McCoy (2011)

WR - Terrell Owens, Todd Pinkston (2004)
    WR - Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin (2011)

OL - Tre Thomas (2004)
    OL - ???? (2011)

DL - Hugh Douglas, Jevon Kearse (2004)
    DL - Jason Babin, Trent Cole (2011)

LB - Jeremiah Trotter (2004)
    LB - ???? (2011)

DB - Brian Dawkins, Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown (2004)
    DB - Nnamdi Asomugha, Asante Samuels, Dominique Rodgers Cromartie (2011)
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    The bolded is the only holes we have. Other than that, the Eagles looking strong this year.

QB - Donovan McNabb (2004)
    QB - Michael Vick (2011)

RB - Brian Westbrook (2004)
    RB - Lesean McCoy (2011)

WR - Terrell Owens, Todd Pinkston (2004)
    WR - Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin (2011)

OL - Tre Thomas (2004)
    OL - ???? (2011)

DL - Hugh Douglas, Jevon Kearse (2004)
    DL - Jason Babin, Trent Cole (2011)

LB - Jeremiah Trotter (2004)
    LB - ???? (2011)

DB - Brian Dawkins, Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown (2004)
    DB - Nnamdi Asomugha, Asante Samuels, Dominique Rodgers Cromartie (2011)

only thing i will say is despite the fact that they look strong everywhere else..those two are pretty big holes considering the eagles play style on offense and defense
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    only thing i will say is despite the fact that they look strong everywhere else..those two are pretty big holes considering the eagles play style on offense and defense

I'd say trade Asante or D-Cro for a LB and a RT to guard Vick....either that or some of those players gonna have to take paycuts.
  • shieky
    shieky Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »

OL no doubt. LB .... ehhhhh. The eagles during Reids tenure have only fielded a solid lb corp two seasons. That was with Carlos Emmons at SLB and Trotter at MLB, way back in 2000 Outside of them the eagles have had tons of average to flat out bad lbs, not one single impact player. Just has never been what the eagles go after, yet they have still been a top 10 overall rush defense over the past 4 years (4th, 7th, 9th and 15th).

Ask Frank Gore, Jones-Drew, Michael Turner, Chris Johnson, Ahmad Bradshaw and ? Foster if the eagles have a weak run defense... all of them were held to 88 yards or less ( a few didnt break 50 yards ) and only foster scored a rushing touchdown. ( saying this to the guy a page or so back that said the run d was ass..)

I will say this though.. on paper the eagles win the super bowl easily. Too bad its not real life.. on paper you don't have down games from star players, on paper you don't deal with injuries, on paper you don't deal with a lucky bounce. However, this team is stocked with enough top end talent to play with anyone and thats good enough for me.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why would we trade Cromartie when we just traded for him like 3 days ago? I don't even think we should trade Asante UNLESS we get some RIDICULOUS deal that benefits us greatly. Last time I checked the eagles got Tulloch or Burnett on the radar or something like that
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Its actually refreshing not to hear anything about the cowboys this season so far. Looks like the eagles have all the attention for right now.
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Its actually refreshing not to hear anything about the cowboys this season so far. Looks like the eagles have all the attention for right now.

I knew something was missing about this offseason, lol. But when you think about it, the last time the Cowboys put together a true championship caliber team, no one was really checking for them.

The preseason before the Cowboys won the Super Bowl in '92, the Cowboys were in the same position the Falcons are in right now. They were considered a "good" and "talented playoff team" that just came off of an embarrassing divisional playoff loss to a NFC North team. (NFC Central back then tho.)

So the lack of hype might be a good thing for the Cowhoes. lol
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is true. But pretty obvious.

And honestly, the modern NFL is NOT the league to do that "voltron" ? . For example, the Redskins have been the most active team in free-agency for the last decade. How much good has that done them?

This. The NFL is not the NBA or MLB, and even in those leagues loading up on free agents doesn't always work.
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the Eagles picked up my homeboy Noel Divine...really hope he gets to see the field tho, bruh is fast as ? ! lol Im thinkin special teams at least..
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    cuttadc13 wrote: »
    the Eagles picked up my homeboy Noel Divine...really hope he gets to see the field tho, bruh is fast as ? ! lol Im thinkin special teams at least..

Too late. Already cut.

No joke.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Too late. Already cut.

No joke.

This is true
  • Darius
    edited July 2011
    Options
    damn....andy reid is treating Divine's nfl career like AIDS treated his parents life career
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Too late. Already cut.

No joke.

Damnnnnnnnnn
  • ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011
    Options
    We were already crowded at RB so it's not really a shocker I suppose
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so we gonna pretend that a rookie rb didn't drop 100+ yrds on em in the playoffs???

after only playing in 7 games all year.......

with that playoff game being the first one he ever started.....ever.....

word.word.
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    damn....andy reid is treating Divine's nfl career like AIDS treated his parents life career

1653408_o.gif

• ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    so we gonna pretend that a rookie rb didn't drop 100+ yrds on em in the playoffs???

after only playing in 7 games all year.......

with that playoff game being the first one he ever started.....ever.....

word.word.

So we gon' act like our defense was as good last year as it is predicted to be THIS year? Just saying
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    damn they cut noel..i thought they would have used him to give desean a few breaks in special teams