Let's be real, Late Registration's Production>>> The Chronic's

Options

Comments

• Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nah. Totally disagree. College Dropout production ? on LR. LR had too many subpar sounds. Hey Mama is easily one of Kanye's worst produced songs.

Dead at both lol
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cosign this thread plus if you are into funk music then the CHRONIC didnt introduce anything new xcept a bunch of rapping ?
  • raperxz
    raperxz Members Posts: 356 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The album is produced better but I think that's down to Kanye combining well with Jon Brion... those two made some great music together. The Diamonds From Sierra Leone beat is legendary imo. I think as a piece of production LR is better but as an album it's not
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm an '80s baby

And have listened to both albums in their entirety

Both albums used sampling but LR is on another level to me because of the process put behind the production of that album

LR is an album that don't have that generational gap, my old man could listen to it and vibe to it because of the jazz influences on it

I prefer it to The Chronic and 2001 ? all over on The Chronic

^^^ This ? here is just SOUL
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
    edited July 2011
    Options
    IMO.. Kanye produces the best albums... he knows what should be said on what part of the song.. who should sing it, what beats would make the album flow smooth and so on.... he's one of the best PRODUCERS in the game... not just beat makers
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    D-Jack wrote: »
    You make no damn sense, since you're a '91 baby I guess that common. The Chronic isn't cliche, you ? , it's ushered the G-Funk era kinda like the daddy of the Gangsta rap ? . So why the ? the Pioneer is the follower of something it basically started off with it?? SMH, it's like Saying Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is cliche, you're saying this cuz ppl are disagreeing with your ass.

^^^^Caught feelings post

I've heard those same gangster rhymes over and over since the chronic,(Straight out of Compton is the father of gangster rap) and Its not even like they dope ryhmes. Lol at me thinking Cuban Linx is Better produced then GSTNT beig a cliche. A cliche would be me saying the chronic is the GOAT produced album when it's not

LR>>>>>The chronic
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Through the Wire >>>>>> Nuttin but a G thang
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    80's babies need to understand some of our best ? gonna be >>>than your ?

at the same time a lot of your best ? >>> our ?

I still cosign thread... though Im not taking anything away from what the chronic did
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Through the Wire >>>>>> Nuttin but a G thang

LOL

The concept behind the first song was a first at the time

? 's jaw was still ? when he recorded that ?

• Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    80's babies need to understand some of our best ? gonna be >>>than your ?

at the same time a lot of your best ? >>> our ?

I still cosign thread... though Im not taking anything away from what the chronic did
    People get angry when u don't dickride 90's albums
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't think you can find a majority from hip hop purist to corny whiteboys who will agree with this. Young dudes trying their hardest to have an artist from their era rank amongst older legends. Wack ? like Hey Mama and Gone suppose to ? with A ? Wit A Gun and Let Me Ride? Foh.
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't think you can find a majority from hip hop purist to corny whiteboys who will agree with this. Young dudes trying their hardest to have an artist from their era rank amongst older legends. Wack ? like Hey Mama and Gone suppose to ? with A ? Wit A Gun and Let Me Ride? Foh.

Gone wack though?

word your opinion...
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

c/s............
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? said hey mamma and gone were Wack but cosigning ? with a ? with a gun

Lmao
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Young dudes trying their hardest to have an artist from their era rank amongst older legends.

Nuthin But A Yung Thang
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If you don't dickride albums that "Heads" and "purists" say are classic and have an mind of your own your opinion don't matter
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2011
    Options
    But what had more impact??? Are you ? kidding me??? You cannot see why from Observing that why ppl think you're ? nuts for saying LR is better.

I don't care if you LR is better, that's your opinion, but say that the Chronic is cliche. Is a get the ? outta here? How many albums did it influence for it to be cliche???

What ever Illmatic is cliche, so is Me Against the World, Blueprint, and etc by your ? logic.

I think the threadstarter was talking solely of the PRODUCTION on both LPs

Not impact, lyricism or other ?

And I agree with him
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I've said it 5 times in this thead.. I don't care about impact I care about QUALITY
    But what had more impact??? Are you ? kidding me??? You cannot see why from Observing that why ppl think you're ? nuts for saying LR is better.

I don't care if you LR is better, that's your opinion, but say that the Chronic is cliche. Is a get the ? outta here? How many albums did it influence for it to be cliche???

What ever Illmatic is cliche, so is Me Against the World, Blueprint, and etc by your ? logic.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I think the threadstarter was talking solely of the PRODUCTION on both LPs

Not impact, lyricism or other ?

And I agree with him

thats the subject he initially started with, but then he forgot about his own topic and started judging it on the basis of songs

any ? who says Hay Mamma and Heard E'm Say are better than every "song" on The Choronic is a stan
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    thats the subject he initially stared with, but then he forgot about his own topic and started judging it on the basis of songs

any ? who says Hay Mamma and Heard E'm Say are better than every "song" on The Choronic is a stan

Translation

"His opinion is different from mine so he's a Stan"
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Late Registration topped numerous music critic polls and was revered as the best album of the year by numerous publications, including USA Today, Spin, and Time.[36][70] Rolling Stone awarded the second effort the highest position on their end of the year record list and hailed it as a "sweepingly generous, absurdly virtuosic hip-hop classic."[71] In the 2005 Village Voice Pazz & Jop poll of 795 pop critics, Late Registration finished at number one by a wide margin over any of the other album nominees. This was the second year in a row that West topped the nationwide critic poll, a feat that had occurred only one other time over twenty years ago by The Clash.[72] Pitchfork Media cited Late Registration as the second best album of 2005, saying, "Co-producer Jon Brion lent West an expansively ecstatic lift that West had never had before, and West lent Brion a genially self-important strut that Brion had never had. Together, they crafted a cathedral of sonic details — a gorgeous, tangled, heartfelt strings-and-samples masterpiece."[73] PopMatters listed Late Registration as the eighteenth best album of the year, writing, "His rhyming style is unique for how intuitive it seems. It might not be technically perfect, but it jibes perfectly with the lyrical diversity of his songs, the way he goes from boasting and joking to crying and reminiscing in a heartbeat. It's an album that dares to be stupid and smart, angry and silly, painful and joyous. The rhymes are further elevated by a layered, carefully crafted sound of melodic, atmospheric soul. Guest vocalists sing with yearning; strings and horns blend with samples of old soul and blues songs; MCs from disparate backgrounds make show-stopping appearances and disappear. Boundaries smoothly slide into each other, and everyday music is built." [74] Late Registration stands as West's second consecutive studio release to be rated XXL by XXL, the magazine's highest rank, which has been awarded to only sixteen other hip-hop albums.[75]
    At the 48th Grammy Awards, Late Registration received a nomination for Album of the Year and won Best Rap Album. West'? single "Gold Digger" was nominated for Record of the Year and received the award for Best Rap Solo Performance. He also won Best Rap Song for "Diamonds from Sierra Leone."[76] At the 37th NAACP Image Awards, the second album received a nomination for Outstanding Album. Late Registration was nominated for Album of the Year at the third annual Vibe Awards, but lost to Mariah Carey's The Emancipation of Mimi.[77] West received the awards for Top Rap Album for Late Registration as well as Hot Rap Track for "Gold Digger" at the 2006 Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards, where he also received nominations for Top R&B/Hip-Hop Album and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Song.[78][79] Late Registration was nominated for best International Album at the 2006 BRIT Awards. At the end of the 2000s decade, Rolling Stone ranked the album number 40 on its list of the 100 Best Albums of the Decade.[80]

People acting like we brought up Ye out of no where
    He 5 albums deep as a solo artist, and countless other productions on other albums
    People acting like this J Cole vs Dr. Dre out here
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That's the best album of 2011 by FAR IMO, but it's not better produced then Cuban Linx which came out in 1995

Complete cosign, Greatest Story Never Told is the best so far, hands down. And i own BOTH albums.
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    and yes im fully aware of what dr dre has done
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know what you said and I don't think you're crazy for liking LR's production better than The Chronic, but the point is you called it "Cliche" and it made you look foolish, so I had to address on you on that.

You say whatever you like about music quality that's a personal opinion. LR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CD's production, imo.

I can respect that, but there's alot of ? who NEVER listened to a chronic song(other then g thang) probably listen to LR WAY more, but if you asked them this question they'd say the chronic.