So Eli really is a sucker...

Options
GettinLo
GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Not that we didn't know this before but now he's on the record saying that he and the Giants will be good with or without Plax. SMH @ this dude forgetting all of the times Plax bailed him out of ? up passes during the Superbowl run. Once again, Eli shows his bitchassness.
"I am going about my business and preparing myself," Manning said Saturday on the first day of practice at training camp. "I don't lobby for anybody. If this is the right spot for Plaxico, if the Giants and coach Coughlin are pleased with his attitude after talking to him, I am happy to have him.

"But I am preparing with the guys we have here and now. I am not out lobbying for (tight end) Kevin Boss either. I think he (Burress) is a great player and would love to have him. You know the Giants know what they are doing. If they want my two cents, my advice, then I'd be happy to talk to them about it."

Coughlin said he had a nice conversation with Burress and was happy they talked Friday night, but he wouldn't discuss what was said. The coach had said this was the first step in evaluating Burress, and he added there might be another.

Manning and Burress hooked up for 33 touchdowns between 2005 to 2008, with none being bigger than the winning score in the Super Bowl victory over the New England Patriots in February 2008, when the quarterback was the game's MVP.

Burress, however, also annoyed the quarterback by failing to show up for offseason workouts, and nothing was worse than when the receiver shot himself in the leg in a New York nightclub in November 2008. It led to his dismissal from the team, a loss that hurt the Giants' offense down the stretch and ultimately led to their early ouster from the playoffs in a season that seemed headed for another long postseason run.

While other players greeted Burress warmly Friday night after his visit, Manning didn't talk to him because he said he was in meetings with coaches.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8211c6f6/article/manning-believes-in-giants-talent-with-or-without-burress?module=HP11_headline_stack

SMH @ the bolded.. this ? couldn't even say wassup to the man.

Comments

• NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol ELI just got some G points from me. He said ? that ? AND gave him the cold shoulder. He has better targets than a tall 34 year old ? that no longer has speed. ? 's gonna come back looking like Muhsin Muhammad.

And before ? come in talking about Mike Vick, that dude is a whole other animal. There will never be another ? that gets a year and a day and comes back as strong as Vick again. ? 's not possible.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    lol ELI just got some G points from me. He said ? that ? AND gave him the cold shoulder. He has better targets than a tall 34 year old ? that no longer has speed. ? 's gonna come back looking like Muhsin Muhammad.

And before ? come in talking about Mike Vick, that dude is a whole other animal. There will never be another ? that gets a year and a day and comes back as strong as Vick again. ? 's not possible.

C/s. He focused on playing football with the guys on the roster.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nothin wrong with what Eli said, it actually shows he's ready to take the reigns as a leader and no longer a ? ? .
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nothin wrong with what Eli said, it actually shows he's ready to take the reigns as a leader and no longer a ? ? .

Peyton's starting to rub off on him.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the giants have good recievers. they dont need burress and he's not worth the risk
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They just went 10-6 without him. And had other WR issues. So what's wrong with saying they'll be good w/o him.

Giants just went 10-6, and now you want them to say they'll crumble unless they get a 34 year old, 2 years removed from the game back on their team?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Peyton's starting to rub off on him.

now if only Peyton could help him with his decision making, the Giants would be right back in business lol
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And am I the only one that isn't blown away by Plax? He's a good receiver (or at least he was), but he's not a beast. I feel like the SB win made people think Plax is an elite receiver when he isn't.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And am I the only one that isn't blown away by Plax? He's a good receiver (or at least he was), but he's not a beast. I feel like the SB win made people think Plax is an elite receiver when he isn't.

and the funny thing about it is the ? only caught 2 passes
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2011
    Options
    and the funny thing about it is the ? only caught 2 passes

Something I didn't even notice. More signs of him being good, but not great. Then he gets locked up for 2 years, and people are actin like he's gonna come out of jail and be a beast.

Ah well, can't knock his/his agent's hustle
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i dont see anything wrong with what he said
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

I guess ? forgot what he did in pittsburgh
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

Which was not much... his career with the Giants was better than his time with the Steelers... IMO Hakeem Nicks is better than Burress (should been to Pro Bowl last season over Miles Austin). Im more upset Giants aint sign Boss, Smith or Bradshaw yet or address the LB position.. WR was not need position imo.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL @ Plax even thinking he can still play.
    That window closed when he rotted in jail for 2 years.
  • GettinLo
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Living in NJ I'm forced to watch every Giant Game and no Plax is NOT an elite receiver, however, he bailed Eli out of sooo many ? poor passes it's silly. The ? could've said wassup to the man. BTW Eli is not a leader at all.. Leaders do not look lost after every bad play and then slump their shoulders
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2011
    Options

Didn't play to an elite level. Look at his numbers....dude wasn't dominating
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    cut it out Plax was elite. he beat Green Bay by himself. He bailed Eli out esp vs hilly when they blitzed. Eli is a ? and always has been one. Im a Giants fan and I hate him and his ? ? expression after he throws back foot picks
  • GettinLo
    edited July 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    cut it out Plax was elite. he beat Green Bay by himself. He bailed Eli out esp vs hilly when they blitzed. Eli is a ? and always has been one. Im a Giants fan and I hate him and his ? ? expression after he throws back foot picks

This man knows what he's talking about
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Plax was good, not elite
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    good for eli... now only if this new found confidence would translate onto the field
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

Yup. He said ? Plax.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Didn't play to an elite level. Look at his numbers....dude wasn't dominating

? him and hines ward were beasting on the field he set the franchise record in pittsburgh with 254 yards in game against the falcons (looks at greenwood) lol but naw he's underrated if anything besides he wasnt the #1 target for the steelers
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? him and hines ward were beasting on the field he set the franchise record in pittsburgh with 254 yards in game against the falcons (looks at greenwood) lol but naw he's underrated if anything besides he wasnt the #1 target for the steelers

I'm not lookin for individual games to determine the skill of a 9 year vet. I'm lookin at his seasons. He broke 1,000 yards 4 times (2 of em were 1,025 or less). He had 2 seasons of double digit TD's (both with Giants, a high of 7 with the Steelers). He's not a beast...he's not elite. Just was a good receiver
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Plax may not be elite, but i put him in that Braylon Edwards category where he could go the hell off on anybody on any given day. S/O to Al Harris whos career was never the same
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I like Michael Vick but u ? just LOVE HIM ... Especially for a ? who only won like 1-2 play off games in his career