Pete Carroll is a genius

Options

Comments

• Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    why would they release tatupu?? maybe your right

Whoever scoop up ol' boy gonna be winners.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Whoever scoop up ol' boy gonna be winners.

I'm hopin the Bucs try to get him. Ruud went to TEN, and our other 2 MLB's are a rookie, and this other dude that only has 3 games under his belt. His experience would help

Tampa's ? up in free agency though. They've made no effort to get anyone except that Falcons kicker. And I think they made a little effort for Free. But overall...disappointing.
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    He signed T. Jackson for a reason and it wasn't cause he knows the system or to pass to Rice. It's pretty much set in stone we will have a 10+ loss season and hopefully the #1 pick in the next draft so we can grab Luck. I'm predicting a 3-13 season after looking at the schedule. We gonna be back in the Super Bowl in under 5 years. Bet.

*facepalm*
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    why would they release tatupu?? maybe your right

He didnt wanna take a pay-cut...
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so you like that he "threw in the towel" before the first preseason game?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm hopin the Bucs try to get him. Ruud went to TEN, and our other 2 MLB's are a rookie, and this other dude that only has 3 games under his belt. His experience would help

Tampa's ? up in free agency though. They've made no effort to get anyone except that Falcons kicker. And I think they made a little effort for Free. But overall...disappointing.

I think the Bucs gave up too much for Koenen.

th_02fb089a-ffbb-4d37-ab51-4d377b10376f.gif
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the NFC west is the sorriest division in sports ...PERIOD.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i see the nfc west being interesting this year
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wake up to reality; team owners and GM's aren't real fans, they're real business men, constantly thinking about the future

what...the...? ...are...you...talking...about?

I said HE wasn't a real fan. He isn't the GM or owner of the team. I'm not saying it's impossible the owner/GM/Coach has decided to do that. I'm saying fans don't hope that's their team's plan.
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think the Bucs gave up too much for Koenen.

th_02fb089a-ffbb-4d37-ab51-4d377b10376f.gif

they did. But they had to meet the salary floor and are really against bringing in FA's, so they had to spend that money. They handled FA bad overall
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    they did. But they had to meet the salary floor and are really against bringing in FA's, so they had to spend that money. They handled FA bad overall

Worst part is that the salary floor rule doesn't start officially till 2013. Yeen know? Apparently neither did Tampa. lol.

I liked Koenen doe. He can do coffin-corner punts and long-distance field goals, but I wouldn't even put him in the top 10 of punters in the NFL.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the thread premise is disgusting
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    the thread premise is disgusting

Wurd.

As a fan of a team that has had PLENTY of top 10 picks (that we didn't have to trade up for) -- this ? makes me wanna throw up.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That team is already dead is the water of they T-Jack is gonna be their starter. They don't realize how bad he is.
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited August 2011
    Options
    didn't the seas chickens cut Lofa Tatupu also? Man they really are tanking if that is the case. Pete Carroll is a horrible coach so if you guys get the number one pick he is still some how gonna mess it up. LOL
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    didn't the seas chickens cut Lofa Tatupu also? Man they really are tanking if that is the case. Pete Carroll is a horrible coach so if you guys get the number one pick he is still some how gonna mess it up. LOL

It's all apart of Pete Carroll's master plan to get his ass fired.
  • greenwood1921
    edited August 2011
    Options

I laughed out loud.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

My current FB status about naming tavaris the starter.
  • bow to royalty
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Worst part is that the salary floor rule doesn't start officially till 2013. Yeen know? Apparently neither did Tampa. lol.

I liked Koenen doe. He can do coffin-corner punts and long-distance field goals, but I wouldn't even put him in the top 10 of punters in the NFL.

I think I read our GM say something about it, and 89% of the salary cap or something. I thought the money had to be spent by the end of this season though.
  • bow to royalty
    edited August 2011
    Options
    How is he not a real fan, by creating a thread about outlook of a team owner's view...which seems very reasonable and likely?

No, not because he pointed out that this is his team's strategy. But because he praised his coach as a genius for planning to keep his team weak next season, and hopefully get the #1 draft pick. And by the time the draft rolls around Luck may not even be that appealing of a player anymore.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Spitter, Im sorry family. Josh Freeman is gon own the league
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Son, Patience is key. Im fully Behind Dominik and Raheems plan of buildin through the draft. Its them who drafted Freeman, Mark Williams and now they hav given us Da Quan Bowers, who if he stays healthy we talkn Reggie White status. Spendin big in the FAs wuznt part of Dominiks long term plan. Trust me, we makin the playoffs this time around... But we wil be SB Contenders for the next 10 years startin next season. Freeman is a once in a generation talent
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    seattle gonna be 10-6
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Spitter, Im sorry family. Josh Freeman is gon own the league

We'll see fam. And I rejoined the Fantasy league. If u so behind Freeman why don't u draft and start him?
  • bow to royalty
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Son, Patience is key. Im fully Behind Dominik and Raheems plan of buildin through the draft. Its them who drafted Freeman, Mark Williams and now they hav given us Da Quan Bowers, who if he stays healthy we talkn Reggie White status. Spendin big in the FAs wuznt part of Dominiks long term plan. Trust me, we makin the playoffs this time around... But we wil be SB Contenders for the next 10 years startin next season. Freeman is a once in a generation talent

I'm fully behind their draft strategy. Not questioning that at all. But we could have gone after someone like Joseph for a corner. Talib's in the last year of his contract I think, then may be in jail. Ronde's old. he can still play, but he's old. Could use a safety. Tanard Jackson got suspended for a year, so we gotta see if they'll let him back.